The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Libertarian

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Libertarian » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:05 am

v8power wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:So, here we are in this cone - I want to be long, as my idea is to TP around 154. As I watch it go up (not long), I talk myself out of entering, saying, let's see a drop to the bottom of the cone, and go long on the bounce. I can also see a bounce down off of the top of the cone as a nice short... and here comes the indecision. So, I'm doing nothing, in accordance with advice from Ja and Mighty, for 90% of the time, or until it looks more natural.

I would be happy to sell price down for you and collect another 100 or 200 more pips. And if I see something I would gladly go long but just to 153.50 at first then maybe up to 155. If not I'll continue what I have been doing since the yearly extreme and selling this sucker lower and lower. 146 looks like a nice place to target.

5 min chart shows simple close over close under trade away from a daily extreme. 1hr chart shows my possible long term idea or possible area to break for a shortgbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1.pnggbpjpy-m5-oanda-division1-2.png

And look what price did just 3 days later. Gave us a short idea from breakout/breakin on the daily. Then kindly went to 146 for +500 pips.gbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png

You said we could ask you questions, so I hope this doesn't come off as asking to be spoon fed, but WTF is breakout/breakin? Is that the same as a fatcat? Hopefully you know what that is as I believe you haven't read Blind Mouse.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:45 am

It's when price breaks out of a range and returns to zero / the origin of the breakout...

Basically a a Line...

If I'm not mistaken...
:smt065

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 am

Jalarupa wrote:It's when price breaks out of a range and returns to zero / the origin of the breakout...

Basically a a Line...

If I'm not mistaken...

a) price breaks out of a pattern (BO), price returns to the pattern (BI).

b) price breaks out from a range (BO), price returns to the range(BI).

EURUSDHx.png
EURUSDHx.png (54.83 KiB) Viewed 2829 times

thepark

Postby thepark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 pm

v8power wrote:This chart shows best how I look at price and where I look to take trades. Red lines mark bearish breakouts and there start at an extreme, green show bullish. Yellow line shows price close over a line and then price closes under the line and continues to close under it. To me this is what MO has been saying to us for years and year. Over/under something, price moves from extremes and price cancels out profits. It took me years for me to finally understand something as basic as that. Yes I know, I am slow.

just found this thread and will be reading it tonight.

so you are using the highest bearish MZ and lowest bullish MZ and anything in between as a kind of end point where you trade reversals?
whats the lowest TF where you mark MZ?
when it does hit that zone, what kind of confirmation do you need to enter a trade?
whats the significance of over/under?

i entered long at those three lines because of the up MOMO and the candle immediately after wicked the MZ,
LONG at 152.5 , W 9 pips because it hit my SL above Breakeven
LONG at 152.7, L 50 pips SL
current LONG at 152.97, up 23.5 pips

what would you have done differently?

newark18

Postby newark18 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Yes Bob,

That's the same one... But I know FX Synergy are releasing a bunch of new indicators with their 2.0 update in a few weeks that may make that indi obsolete...

Its a very good averages line indicator...

On the note of FX Synergy - I think it would be cool to maybe setup a hangouts or skype session once the new version lands, so that we can discuss and venture into the new software together... just a thought, if you are interested... I will probably do a few video's as well... but I'm thinking shared learning may just speed things up?

I would be interested! I have FX synergy as well.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Awesome Newark...

I'll set it up once it lands!

Gonna be awesome!

I've been playing with cTrader in anticipation, it marks trendlines the same way tradingview does... In other words they don't shift when you scale up or down our change time frames... Very solid... So I i may be making cTrader my platform of choice when it lands... In testing so far, I can say it's years beyond MT4...

The beauty of synergy is that I can trade off cTrader and my mt4 accounts still get traded...

Best of both
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Quick Update. Been plugging away at angles and just feel like a newbie. Nothing is clicking and getting frustrated. At that point were most traders lash out and say its not possible and those posting it are liars. I also know that is the moment before the AHA moment. So gonna play around for the rest of the week before I even bother to ask any questions.

I will reply to all posts soon and put up a few charts (of my normal trading).

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Just some thoughts on GBP/JPY

GBPJPY.png

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:42 pm

I just don't get angles. I don't understand how traders decide where to place them, I don't understand what they show, price breaks out of cones and price breaks back in, sometimes it makes it to the line, sometimes it doesn't. And worse of all if you scroll forward or backward or zoom in or out the lines move. So I don't understand how the can help with future price when they constantly change where the cross through price at

These 2 pics are the exact same angle line. All I did was zoom out once and scroll back. Shows something different in each pic
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png (90.96 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png (102.75 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

Hum do we use trendline by angle to get the angle degrees then a normal trendline? Actual trendline lines seem not to move much or at all. I meant to check that out earlier and forgot. Ok still don't understand a lot.

Guess I have to just be happy with the 150 pip gains trading dumb old zlines.

eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (70.3 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
Attachments
gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1.png (97.27 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:47 pm

jrtrading wrote:Just some thoughts on GBP/JPY

GBPJPY.png

Good idea. Not sure exactly how price is going to react/play with idea's this week. Might see odd movement from big boys dumping positions or placing to hedge their bets. Plus there could be some price running to get it to areas for possible plays for any insiders.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”