The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:42 pm

As I read through all these old post on angles, Im left with this thought. None of us who are profitable owe anything to anyone or have any responsibility to pay it forward. There is a reason why only about a dozen out of the 16,000 members on this site make money. Its not that they are smarter or were taught something special. Its that they were consistent and put in the work.

And COT DAMN! No one has done more then Ja. He either picks up the idea immediately (blind mouse) or he works it to death like he did with angles over the past 2-3 years. Go read his Daily Plus thread that he started almost 4 years ago. No one was posting in there with him. MO wasn't sharing hidden trading secrets. He grinded it out day after day and four years later it has paid off. So for anyone or even himself to think that he needs to post to pay it back/forward, is wrong in my eyes. Im glad he does, but I don't think another member has put in the work the way he has.

People make remarks as to how Im a good trader or my results are extreme. But the funny thing is, as extreme as my results are Ja takes those results to the extreme. Win/loss: he has 2 loses all year. s**t I can have 2 loses in an hour. RR or pips gained in a trade. I like to aim for30-+100. He takes +400. Time trading. I can trade up to 16hrs a day and sometimes close to 48hrs straight. He sets alerts cuz he is never in front of the computer. He is the extreme to my extreme.

Don't really know the point of this post or if there is even one. Im just blown away by his work ethic and never give up attitude.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:58 pm

v8power wrote:Ja would you still agree with this post

"This is all that you really need to know to draw a triangle:

There are only two types of triangles and they are the CONE & PENNANT.

BOTH the CONE & PENNANT exist at the same time because a TRIANGLE is nothing more than TWO CHANNELS that cannot agree on direction.

While they are two channels, thus technically the same, they are different in spirit.

A pennant will generally be quiet with a false break or two and re-entry.

A cone will generally be extremely noisy with multiple high/low breakouts and an intense desire to bungee dive in the opposite direction and snap back yet again...it will often leave you feeling mentally exhausted just looking at it.

Each triangle will have its own complex pattern but somehow adhere to its basic shape of two lines pointing in opposite directions.

The #1 rule to drawing triangles is NOT TO INCLUDE THE BREAKOUT as part of the triangle.
You think including the BO at part of the triangle makes the pattern look pretty? It is pretty, pretty stupid! :lol:

The #2 rule is to EITHER draw the pennant OR the cone, not both; it looks more like a...what is the spirit of this triangle (cone or pennant?).

THE #3 rule is NOT TO USE STEEP ANGLES when drawing triangles.
There is another word for a steep angle, we call it...A BREAKOUT...& breakouts are not part of triangles.

9 times out of 10 if you draw a triangle and it has no false breaks then you drew it incorrectly.

HOW DO WE TRADE A TRIANGLE?

You know how to trade a BDP because you know the 'spirit' of the BDP is to point in the direction of profit.

You know how to trade a wickdoll because it points in the direction of loss.

So looking at a triangle you can also feel its spirit and internally know what to do.
In the last picture you are short and you see many new lows forming the bottom of what looks to be a cone.
You get a massive momo to the breakout and instant reversal (very cone like behavior) followed by yet another low break and momo reversal.
Next we get multiple pivot breaks followed by a low break...we know the spirit of the cone, we know where this is going"

Yes, this post sums it up wonderfully by the master himself and it's one of my most important posts for what I do... Although I may deviate in my interpretation of the rules from time to time... The results that I get are good enough that I am happy with my interpretation... But yeah the break out break in system is a wonderful to exploit within a cone...Makes trading extremes super easy
:smt065

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:36 am

v8power wrote:As I read through all these old post on angles, Im left with this thought....

Don't really know the point of this post or if there is even one. Im just blown away by his work ethic and never give up attitude.

Thank you for the kind words, although I think there are many that put in the effort required to succeed in be a self taught success... It does take many hours of toil and second guessing and checking and rechecking and study...
I often say to people whom I have taught, that this is a very difficult thing to do... It's not easy to get to grips with fear of loss, to get to grips with risk, to get to grips with the uncertainty... All it takes is asking the right questions and getting the right answers from the chart...

The Truth hides in plain sight...

I'm not the hardest worker, there are many that are on this forum that have worked harder and still continue to work harder...But that is what it requires... Pure dedication to your craft and belief in the fact that your hard work will pay off... I have so many people that I look up to and genuinely love that I have met through this fraternity. People that I have worked with, that I have leant on that have given me the sight I have today... I continue to be in awe of every single contributor to this site, and love the way we each pickup the slack when it's needed and keep the fire burning...

So yeah I'm blessed to be in the association of greatness and I believe that what little I can contribute towards another's success is time well spent...

We are a family... I will continue to lean on you for my success and I hope that you feel the same... We are in it together!

Nothing better than seeing green consistently and I wish it for every member of my family!
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:33 am

Jalarupa wrote:
v8power wrote:Ja would you still agree with this post

"This is all that you really need to know to draw a triangle:

There are only two types of triangles and they are the CONE & PENNANT.

BOTH the CONE & PENNANT exist at the same time because a TRIANGLE is nothing more than TWO CHANNELS that cannot agree on direction.

While they are two channels, thus technically the same, they are different in spirit.

A pennant will generally be quiet with a false break or two and re-entry.

A cone will generally be extremely noisy with multiple high/low breakouts and an intense desire to bungee dive in the opposite direction and snap back yet again...it will often leave you feeling mentally exhausted just looking at it.

Each triangle will have its own complex pattern but somehow adhere to its basic shape of two lines pointing in opposite directions.

The #1 rule to drawing triangles is NOT TO INCLUDE THE BREAKOUT as part of the triangle.
You think including the BO at part of the triangle makes the pattern look pretty? It is pretty, pretty stupid! :lol:

The #2 rule is to EITHER draw the pennant OR the cone, not both; it looks more like a...what is the spirit of this triangle (cone or pennant?).

THE #3 rule is NOT TO USE STEEP ANGLES when drawing triangles.
There is another word for a steep angle, we call it...A BREAKOUT...& breakouts are not part of triangles.

9 times out of 10 if you draw a triangle and it has no false breaks then you drew it incorrectly.

HOW DO WE TRADE A TRIANGLE?

You know how to trade a BDP because you know the 'spirit' of the BDP is to point in the direction of profit.

You know how to trade a wickdoll because it points in the direction of loss.

So looking at a triangle you can also feel its spirit and internally know what to do.
In the last picture you are short and you see many new lows forming the bottom of what looks to be a cone.
You get a massive momo to the breakout and instant reversal (very cone like behavior) followed by yet another low break and momo reversal.
Next we get multiple pivot breaks followed by a low break...we know the spirit of the cone, we know where this is going"

Yes, this post sums it up wonderfully by the master himself and it's one of my most important posts for what I do... Although I may deviate in my interpretation of the rules from time to time... The results that I get are good enough that I am happy with my interpretation... But yeah the break out break in system is a wonderful to exploit within a cone...Makes trading extremes super easy

Ok cool. Just put about 30 pages together of idea's and charts or angles and cones from you and MO, based off that. So I have my cheat sheet now :mrgreen:

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:36 am

Jalarupa wrote:
v8power wrote:As I read through all these old post on angles, Im left with this thought....

Thank you for the kind words, although I think there are many that put in the effort required to succeed in be a self taught success... It does take many hours of toil and second guessing and checking and rechecking and study...
I often say to people whom I have taught, that this is a very difficult thing to do... It's not easy to get to grips with fear of loss, to get to grips with risk, to get to grips with the uncertainty... All it takes is asking the right questions and getting the right answers from the chart...

The Truth hides in plain sight...

I'm not the hardest worker, there are many that are on this forum that have worked harder and still continue to work harder...But that is what it requires... Pure dedication to your craft and belief in the fact that your hard work will pay off... I have so many people that I look up to and genuinely love that I have met through this fraternity. People that I have worked with, that I have leant on that have given me the sight I have today... I continue to be in awe of every single contributor to this site, and love the way we each pickup the slack when it's needed and keep the fire burning...

So yeah I'm blessed to be in the association of greatness and I believe that what little I can contribute towards another's success is time well spent...

We are a family... I will continue to lean on you for my success and I hope that you feel the same... We are in it together!

Nothing better than seeing green consistently and I wish it for every member of my family!

Very humble response. Gotta respect that.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:13 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
Gulp!

Call me up in 5yrs or so and I'll be your friend.
Otherwise it appears we would only get to lift together bout once every 3mo.

Hahahahahah

What do ya mean, I hit 645 pounds on reverse band squats and 225pounds bench press with a extra 160 pds of chains this past week.

With the amount of time you dedicate to trading it seems there is not much left for friends. LOL

Hey, I guess WEIGHTS are on another level.......something we never quit no matter what.

The normal concept of friends/bestfriends/family,blood is thicker then water is very much lost on me. My first round of best friends sued me for 6 figures, before I was 18 and lied underoath just to help there case. My next best friend lied underoath and had me facing multiple 25-life prison sentences. You could see the look of disappointment in my dads eyes cuz I was overweight and enjoyed video games and comic books. He now has found a jock in my cousin in which he can be proud of. I never made a sports team beyond the "everyone is good enough to play" league. When I came home the first day I was afraid to fight a bully I was laughed at and told good luck in life. My mom thinks what I do for a living is the same as what a gambler does. She used to bitch so much I would just see how high I could get so I would have no memory of it or life. I disowned my sister 10 years ago.

I have no idea what it is like to talk to someone when you are having a bad day.

When I moved into an apartment 6 years ago the tenants before just left there cat behind. So when I moved in it always tried to come in. So I adopted it and it has never left my side, except when I had no place to call home and let it live with my parents. That cat is my family, my friends, my companion, my everything.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:56 am

v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:What do ya mean, I hit 645 pounds on reverse band squats and 225pounds bench press with a extra 160 pds of chains this past week.

With the amount of time you dedicate to trading it seems there is not much left for friends. LOL

Hey, I guess WEIGHTS are on another level.......something we never quit no matter what.

The normal concept of friends/bestfriends/family,blood is thicker then water is very much lost on me. My first round of best friends sued me for 6 figures, before I was 18 and lied underoath just to help there case. My next best friend lied underoath and had me facing multiple 25-life prison sentences. You could see the look of disappointment in my dads eyes cuz I was overweight and enjoyed video games and comic books. He now has found a jock in my cousin in which he can be proud of. I never made a sports team beyond the "everyone is good enough to play" league. When I came home the first day I was afraid to fight a bully I was laughed at and told good luck in life. My mom thinks what I do for a living is the same as what a gambler does. She used to bitch so much I would just see how high I could get so I would have no memory of it or life. I disowned my sister 10 years ago.

I have no idea what it is like to talk to someone when you are having a bad day.

When I moved into an apartment 6 years ago the tenants before just left there cat behind. So when I moved in it always tried to come in. So I adopted it and it has never left my side, except when I had no place to call home and let it live with my parents. That cat is my family, my friends, my companion, my everything.

And in 4-6 more yrs he will be gone.

A person cannot choose their family but once grown can choose if they want to associate with them.
Just as you did with your sister.

Just like if we have kids you do not have to like who they become.

A person can and does choose their friends.
Just as one chooses a wife.

I chose 3 non keepers but I can't blame that on them.
All me baby!! (What a PITA)
It was my choice to say Yes or No.

I'm 47 and have had 2 friends.
I have not associated with either for 15+ yrs but still consider them friends.

True friends are hard to find.
Acquaintance's can be found anywhere.
Friends, different story.

On 2nd thought
Maybe its like anything in life though.
If I am not giving it then I cannot receive it.
Hmmmmmmmmm
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

A person cannot choose their family but once grown can choose if they want to associate with them.

On 2nd thought
Hmmmmmmmmm

In 4-6 years who will be gone? My cat? its a she motherlover. My flipping ex gave it a boys name to. Poor cat is gonna turn out like that freak Bruce Jenner. 2nd cats live 15+ years, so I got another decade out of it and hopefully I will be dead and gone by then.

But happy father days pro if you celebrate today. Today, Christmas and my birthday are pretty much my 3 least favorite days of the year.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:34 am

v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:

On 2nd thought
Hmmmmmmmmm

In 4-6 years who will be gone? My cat? its a she motherlover. My flipping ex gave it a boys name to. Poor cat is gonna turn out like that freak Bruce Jenner. 2nd cats live 15+ years, so I got another decade out of it and hopefully I will be dead and gone by then.

But happy father days pro if you celebrate today. Today, Christmas and my birthday are pretty much my 3 least favorite days of the year.

Thx
15yrs? Uugh.
That means we'll have ours for another decade too.
Always beggin for food and leaves burs (with fur pulled out stuck to them) all over the house.
Constantly have to sweep or the baby will eat em.

Wife said Happy Father's day when I asked her to drop me off to pick this car up.

IMG_20160619_012337.jpg
IMG_20160619_012337.jpg (103.5 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

But things mean nothing.

It is moments in life like watching Ila learn how to drink from a straw for the first time that matter. (Few hrs ago)

IMG_20160619_011900.jpg
IMG_20160619_011900.jpg (67.92 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

Moments like watching my oldest son run his best time ever in the 400m (48.57) and got 2nd to make it to State.
(Few yrs ago)

But,
I'm not sure if even that is true.
I don't why I'm here all I know is one day it will all be gone and that some things make me smile.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:51 am

Out goes the audi? Those 2 door 1.8L "coupes" aint too bad tbh
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Return to “TheRumpledOne”