The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I'd say it's the idea of space trading from the space wars thread that gave me the confidence to leverage profit... I treat my trading like a business with shareholders, and investors who I am beholden to... So I first look to manage risk effectively by making a few small gains and then I reinvest those gains back into the business... It takes time to go through the motions because I'm not trading incremental price action, but rather lying in wait for the perfect storm of confluence to broaden the corridor of certainty that I like to operate in... Like a post by MO above where he mentions position... He's said it before many times that position doesn't mean squat unless you have SIZE... In terms of position trading blind mouse is where I learnt a lot, but I have found most value in learning cones and pennants, which provide confirmation and structure to the setup... Really cones are the be all and end all of trading... But they need to be used in conjunction with other measures of price action like hooks, fails, Dragon lines, zlines, momo, extremes, supply and demand, fundamentals... These other variables create confluence and that is the reason I miss a lot of trades that are no brainer trades, because I'm searching for the trades that I can take my foot off the pedal and let ride...

I think it could be lots of fun to be a scalper, i do enjoy taking a few pips here or there when they are avail... I may incorporate a scalping function at a later stage through SYNERGY, but this will be automated for the most part...

I've already decided that when the new update lands I'll be taking the next month to catalogue and process exactly what I can extract from the new features so that I can take my trading to the next level...

Simply amazing and Thank you. Pertaining to the actual trading and not MM, I kind of thought Blind mouse for the idea/position and then angles(cones/pennants) for confluence, was what ruled your trading. Its the angles now, is what seperates my trading from average to exceptional like yours I believe.

Yea I got a long way to go, but at least I now have a map and a flashlight :mrgreen:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 pm

I get my angles from the test line I draw... on the D1 it was drawn connection the highs (cutting through the wicks and stopping of the closes) - i then copy the same line and move it towards current PA and try to see where best it "fits in" - In terms of fitting the lines I like to have a line landing on opposing closes (zlines) that way I can gauge if I got the angle correct... (I did a video on how I draw lines a while ago but I took it down)

The H1 Lines were drawn from the upper angle using the same methodology described above... connecting apposing zlines... Then you can move it around it see if it fits elsewhere... if it does... then bang you in the game...

The top H1 - the dotted lines were done as above and extrapolated forward in time... this gives me the roadmap / cheatsheet for future price action and what makes it so easy to add and hold and liquidate... the little brown solid lines were done off the M15/M30 and is a simple trick I use on intraday price action to determine of the current long term trend is still in force... (in otherwords are we going to hit the channel top / zline above)...

Can't simplify it more than that... this is how I trade...
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I get my angles from the test line I draw... on the D1 it was drawn connection the highs (cutting through the wicks and stopping of the closes) - i then copy the same line and move it towards current PA and try to see where best it "fits in" - In terms of fitting the lines I like to have a line landing on opposing closes (zlines) that way I can gauge if I got the angle correct... (I did a video on how I draw lines a while ago but I took it down)

The H1 Lines were drawn from the upper angle using the same methodology described above... connecting apposing zlines... Then you can move it around it see if it fits elsewhere... if it does... then bang you in the game...

The top H1 - the dotted lines were done as above and extrapolated forward in time... this gives me the roadmap / cheatsheet for future price action and what makes it so easy to add and hold and liquidate... the little brown solid lines were done off the M15/M30 and is a simple trick I use on intraday price action to determine of the current long term trend is still in force... (in otherwords are we going to hit the channel top / zline above)...

Can't simplify it more than that... this is how I trade...

I hope my previous post didn't offend you or make it seem like I don't believe you. Because I do. The copying of the angle and seeing where it fits and the road mapping I feel I understand at a basic level at least. Its just the starting point/placement and what angle to use is kind of were I get flustered at. Looking at yours or MO charts with angles and then look like the Mona Lisa and everything makes sense, but then when I look at a blank chart my mind goes blank. At this point it wouldn't matter if you could even simplify your trading anymore. It really comes down to me learning the basic rules of angles/cones/pennants (e.g. a double hook is a triangle). Then just applying it to my charts and see how prices reacts.

Maybe some where down the line when I have at least a little skill you could offer some advice onto a posted chart of mine. But until then I wouldn't expect you to do anything for me, as I have not put in the required work yet.

Thank you again for everything.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:26 pm

No stress big guy!

It's all good... I'm learning a lot from you as well and I'm happy to be posting more again...

Those charts you posted earlier are great, I love the top down approach... If you want my thoughts on a pair maybe drop me a pair and I'll give my thoughts ;) and colorful drawings :lol:
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Jalarupa wrote:No stress big guy!

It's all good... I'm learning a lot from you as well and I'm happy to be posting more again...

Those charts you posted earlier are great, I love the top down approach... If you want my thoughts on a pair maybe drop me a pair and I'll give my thoughts ;) and colorful drawings :lol:

"If you want my thoughts on a pair maybe drop me a pair" Bout knocked my laptop off me trying to sit up straight after reading that. Now I feel like a little kid trying to decide on which toy to get. Let me take a look.

The more I post/read/markup charts the more I do question if my wins aren't just dumb luck. Did I really win that "cc close under/close over/wick/rejection" trade cuz of what I marked or was it just at a place prices was ready to move from. I feel like I'm at a point were trades just make 100% sense or Im just randomly using some idea and getting lucky. Its funny I'm currently going over Blind Mice and it is easier for me to pick trades in real time then after the fact. If I just look at a chart that is already there I just start picking random SR and fat cats, using cc momo in basic BDP/wickdoll setup's and just weird stuff. But I do love the cc's for exits. Those are a thing of art.

Top down approach keeps me out of trouble. Instead of chasing price it has to come to an area and only then can I look for a trade. Really right now I think my trading is looking for HTF idea's, then maybe looking for a blind mouse setup on lower timeframe(still testing this out), then exit at an extreme. I really want to whittle my trading down to trades that win +100 pips per trade. 1-3 of those a week and only choosing the best setups is how I feel I take my trading to the next level. Kind of like your 99% win rate with +20 to 1 RR trades.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Quick question for ya Ja. What indy's do you use. The only 3 I actually use for my trading are cc, candle overlays and crashzone. I have tried using stuff like bredins range, extremes, cclite and others. But none of them will ever actually load for me, for whatever reason. Not that its a big deal. But it looks like you keep your charts pretty clutter free with just some basic stuff for stats. Gotta love naked trading

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:16 pm

v8power wrote:
es/pip wrote:a couple swing trades

posted some scalps in aliassmith's thread

At a quick glance you might think those are my charts. But nope. There espips from 2010. Same basic idea, applied the same basic way. :mrgreen:

See, I always thought the MZ was suppose to hold. Nope.
ICT showed a new way.
The median (beginning of MZ) should never be breached or something is NOT right.

The opposite candle that formed the ZL is where the order lye.
If it gives up the ghost time to trade in another direction.

Also, ALWAYS expect classic s/r to be breached (levels such as double tops) as they are prime targets for liquidity.

Simple sh^t but telling.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:20 pm

v8power wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Do you remember this picture?

I said that I expected X momo for the next 2 weeks and then for momentum to continue short on the EU.

I drew lines with arrows and said that I would be trading off the weekly high extremes.

500 pips later:

Let us see if the XY pattern holds...

Pretty sweet to me. Anybody care to comment?

I remember studying them and asking a few questions.
No matter what knowledge I have ever learned Ive never been able to get past watching my P/L go up and down.

Your a much to advanced trader for me,
I've got to KIS and stick with your basic s/r levels to trade from.

So sorry, I can't help at all... :(
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:
es/pip wrote:a couple swing trades

posted some scalps in aliassmith's thread

At a quick glance you might think those are my charts. But nope. There espips from 2010. Same basic idea, applied the same basic way. :mrgreen:

See, I always thought the MZ was suppose to hold. Nope.
ICT showed a new way.
The median (beginning of MZ) should never be breached or something is NOT right.

The opposite candle that formed the ZL is where the order lye.
If it gives up the ghost time to trade in another direction.

Also, ALWAYS expect classic s/r to be breached (levels such as double tops) as they are prime targets for liquidity.

Simple sh^t but telling.

You lost me after median. Keep it simple and consistent pro. All I see is mz after mz and aint none of mine getting breached or giving up the ghost. Just the market giving up its money. Simple s**t is telling and Im a simple man.
Attachments
eurjpy-w1-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-w1-oanda-division1.png (92.91 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:30 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Do you remember this picture?

I said that I expected X momo for the next 2 weeks and then for momentum to continue short on the EU.

I drew lines with arrows and said that I would be trading off the weekly high extremes.

500 pips later:

Let us see if the XY pattern holds...

Pretty sweet to me. Anybody care to comment?

I remember studying them and asking a few questions.
No matter what knowledge I have ever learned Ive never been able to get past watching my P/L go up and down.

Your a much to advanced trader for me,
I've got to KIS and stick with your basic s/r levels to trade from.

So sorry, I can't help at all... :(

One of your best posts ever. Now just do it my man. Simple and basic. Once you get that down with your knowledge watch out. One day one piece of the puzzle will just click and every other piece will follow.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”