The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:36 am

MightyOne wrote:Oh yes it did :shock:

and you think that your gains are sick MR es/pip ;)

ImageImage

And the finish

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:37 am

v8power wrote:
es/pip wrote:a couple swing trades

posted some scalps in aliassmith's thread

At a quick glance you might think those are my charts. But nope. There espips from 2010. Same basic idea, applied the same basic way. :mrgreen:

Dragon also really used the failures concept well...

Price fails to advance... trade the other way...
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:43 am

Jalarupa wrote:
v8power wrote:
es/pip wrote:a couple swing trades

posted some scalps in aliassmith's thread

At a quick glance you might think those are my charts. But nope. There espips from 2010. Same basic idea, applied the same basic way. :mrgreen:

Dragon also really used the failures concept well...

Price fails to advance... trade the other way...

dragon33 wrote:The first trade is not out the book it is just a trade away from resistance

Here you can see the reentry based on the H1 chart.

Here you can see the priceaction on the M15. After the first high price drops down but stays in the momocandle. When running back up there is a decrease in speed and time. That made me decide to take the trade!

Hell yea he did

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:47 am

I kind of look at us as the modern day dragon and espip. You as dragon, as I thought dragon had a better understanding of what was being taught and shown. Me as espip with the same simple charts with just lines on them posted day after day.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:56 am

MightyOne wrote:
The most important thing to me is position.

If I am going long then I want to have a daily+ extreme directly under me.

There is nothing magical about a Zero Line.

There is something called an equilibrium line that is something like a temporary constant rate of decline/advance/indecision.

If price moves too fast (momo) then there is a deviation from this rate and price is likely to reverse back to this line (wick doll) before continuing its decline.

All that you need to understand is that you want a return to equilibrium, which is roughly 1/2 the momo's real body, before LOOKING to trade short.

Angles and xy pattern combined. 2 idea's that I am still looking at.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:59 am

MightyOne wrote:
Everyone always want to do the "advanced" analysis :lol: instead of making it simple.

You have to picture yourself loosely winding a bit of yarn around a cylindrical object.

X and Y is complicated because you are attempting to analyze a variable speed. It is like trying to go long an H1 breakout when someone keeps shifting the candles forwards and backwards. If you are given a new speed then you just have to deal with it; you cannot pick your time frame.

The EQ lines do not have to be 30*, they only have to be a multiple of 5*.

It is best to master the basics and save this kind of analysis for your play time :wink:

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Ha! You definitely have dragons tolerance for risk and the ability to push... I think you ate the perfect combination of both although es was also good at gearing...

I don't know if I aspire to trade like anyone, I'm still figuring most of this s**t out as the days tick along...

Some of the things I have found most gratifying from the effort I have placed into developing a trading style is that I can enter a trade and be in profit from the get go, and stay in profit... This takes a boat loss of stress away from me... I have probably had 2 losing trades all year... Although I don't trade nearly as often as many on this board... But when I do it's generally a 400+ pip trade at larger lot sizes... Sometimes I only find out I'm in a trade when I open my email... Only to see a line that i cast a week or a couple of days ago has been taken and I'm sitting with a 100 pip buffer and have already scaled in twice...

I find if I stay in front of the screen too long trying to scalp that I get bored or fall asleep (literally)

So I run a alerts client (which will be getting a much needed upgrade with FX SYNERGY 2.0)

And I have a few live trades waiting to get triggered at cone extremes, long term zlines, pullback's into momo or zlines...

The only time I ever really trade the market actively is around key news releases or when a alert gets triggered...

That's the benefit of having a software package that manages risk as well as synergy does... I don't need to be committed 24/7 and can let price trigger and entry and the software takes care odd everything else...

Does it always work out? No, but when it does its normally big numbers

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Ha! You definitely have dragons tolerance for risk and the ability to push... I think you ate the perfect combination of both although es was also good at gearing...

I don't know if I aspire to trade like anyone, I'm still figuring most of this s**t out as the days tick along...

Some of the things I have found most gratifying from the effort I have placed into developing a trading style is that I can enter a trade and be in profit from the get go, and stay in profit... This takes a boat loss of stress away from me... I have probably had 2 losing trades all year... Although I don't trade nearly as often as many on this board... But when I do it's generally a 400+ pip trade at larger lot sizes... Sometimes I only find out I'm in a trade when I open my email... Only to see a line that i cast a week or a couple of days ago has been taken and I'm sitting with a 100 pip buffer and have already scaled in twice...

I find if I stay in front of the screen too long trying to scalp that I get bored or fall asleep (literally)

So I run a alerts client (which will be getting a much needed upgrade with FX SYNERGY 2.0)

And I have a few live trades waiting to get triggered at cone extremes, long term zlines, pullback's into momo or zlines...

The only time I ever really trade the market actively is around key news releases or when a alert gets triggered...

That's the benefit of having a software package that manages risk as well as synergy does... I don't need to be committed 24/7 and can let price trigger and entry and the software takes care odd everything else...

Does it always work out? No, but when it does its normally big numbers

A couple of things. First thanks for the compliment. Second " I have probably had 2 losing trades all year". That is one of the many things that seperates us as traders but is probably one of the most important things and I hope those that think Im some good trader realize.

I really need to look into alerts. I think there is an indy or some way to set them with out synergy. " 400+ pip trade at larger lot sizes" Seriously I love you :oops: large lot sizes and large pip gains.

Question what idea do you feel helped shape your ability to confidently take and hold such large trades. Idea's from blind mouse (I know you excelled at it), the idea's thread (where you seemed to really come into your own) or when you applied angles/cones (and probably understand the idea, better then anyone). Or is it something I didn't mention. Thanks for your answers.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:13 pm

I'd say it's the idea of space trading from the space wars thread that gave me the confidence to leverage profit... I treat my trading like a business with shareholders, and investors who I am beholden to... So I first look to manage risk effectively by making a few small gains and then I reinvest those gains back into the business... It takes time to go through the motions because I'm not trading incremental price action, but rather lying in wait for the perfect storm of confluence to broaden the corridor of certainty that I like to operate in... Like a post by MO above where he mentions position... He's said it before many times that position doesn't mean squat unless you have SIZE... In terms of position trading blind mouse is where I learnt a lot, but I have found most value in learning cones and pennants, which provide confirmation and structure to the setup... Really cones are the be all and end all of trading... But they need to be used in conjunction with other measures of price action like hooks, fails, Dragon lines, zlines, momo, extremes, supply and demand, fundamentals... These other variables create confluence and that is the reason I miss a lot of trades that are no brainer trades, because I'm searching for the trades that I can take my foot off the pedal and let ride...

I think it could be lots of fun to be a scalper, i do enjoy taking a few pips here or there when they are avail... I may incorporate a scalping function at a later stage through SYNERGY, but this will be automated for the most part...

I've already decided that when the new update lands I'll be taking the next month to catalogue and process exactly what I can extract from the new features so that I can take my trading to the next level...

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Since I promote putting what is on there charts on yours and doing markups, here we go.

First we have Ja's beautiful pics and even a nice explanation he offered to me.
USDCADH1.PNG
USDCADH1.PNG (56.97 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

USDCAD_ENTRIES.PNG
USDCAD_ENTRIES.PNG (55.96 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

USDCADD1.PNG
USDCADD1.PNG (42 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

[quote="Jalarupa"]Okay V8,

So it's quiet simple... On the D1 I noticed the failed zline, (pink line) and I also plotted the channel... By connecting the top highs, in a downward trend... I then moved that same trend lower, till it cut through a breakout...

Then I waited for price to converge on them both...

I dropped to the H1 and drew some cones and then when price looked set to fall lower I bought and quickly scaled in on the pullback 20 mins later (or so)...

My lines are not exactly how MO teaches but they work for me... In that I can get very precise... Which I love... Because then you can trade easy, let positions roll over night... See where to add and where to get out or reverse...
[quote]

Then we have my mess of a charts that took 30 mins to draw even with Ja's open and right next to mine. Have no clue what they show or how places to place them even are determined and what angles are actually used. I have to us 8.75 degree's on the D1 to get something that even looked like Ja's. Haha, o well. It was just a 1st attempt and only meant as an exercise. Ja is a master at this and trying to take what he posted and copy it probably wasn't the smartest. Best to start with simplicity then work up to marking like the master. But I will say I do see where they could come in handy for weeding out trades that aren't high probability.
usdcadecn-d1-tallinex-limited.png
usdcadecn-d1-tallinex-limited.png (84.24 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

usdcadecn-h1-tallinex-limited.png
usdcadecn-h1-tallinex-limited.png (86.67 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”