The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:51 am

Sacrophage wrote:I've been short EA. Exited Fri. Want to be short again, ideally from the top of the cone or better with a stop above 1.53, for a break below the low @ 1.519. Maybe exit the short at the cone that develops after that breakdown. If I don't get the entry, do I chase, or should I not even be looking for this entry, and instead be waiting for a move back up to 1.54? Secondarily, since you need to use such tight stops to trade big leverage, I imagine waiting is 90% of the strategy. What % of trades don't quite make it into your acceptable SL zone? Or, do you shift the setup and alter volume to accommodate?

EA is my fav pair and its been pissing me off with this channel its been stuck in. I have been short 1.5600 since mid may. It needs to get its ass moving and give me my big breakout I have been waiting for. Angles of any form I have not yet added to my trading yet, so I will let Ja answer that. When you say " since you need to use such tight stops to trade big leverage, I imagine waiting is 90% of the strategy" do you mean me or just in general. I still trade with most of the time with a sl of 10-20. Some use space. Not sure what you mean by sl zone? I will use a 40 pip box of space from a long term position to give me something to at least look for. If price makes it, then I start looking for better entries on smaller time frames. I would say price almost always makes it to my idea of were I can start building a position and if it doesn't I wait. Never chase price. I use to always do it. Your just gonna lose. Let me do my mark ups then I will post them for EA

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jrtrading

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby jrtrading » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:53 am

Hi v8power,

I hope this is ok to ask, when price is getting close to a Y+ extreme,
do you need to see a reversal on a large timeframe, or can you look at small charts and try getting in on a wick before the potential move?
(I'm thinking of what MightyOne says "as long as price is home for dinner" which you touched upon in an earlier post)

EURJPY.png

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 am

This chart shows best how I look at price and where I look to take trades. Red lines mark bearish breakouts and there start at an extreme, green show bullish. Yellow line shows price close over a line and then price closes under the line and continues to close under it. To me this is what MO has been saying to us for years and year. Over/under something, price moves from extremes and price cancels out profits. It took me years for me to finally understand something as basic as that. Yes I know, I am slow.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:00 am

jrtrading wrote:Hi v8power,

do you need to see a reversal on a large timeframe, or can you look at small charts and try getting in on a wick before the potential move?
(I'm thinking of what MightyOne says "as long as price is home for dinner" which you touched upon in an earlier post)

EURJPY.png

Feel free to ask whatever. If you are referring to the x,y,z pattern mo has talked about, it is on my to do list to study so no comment. Is that what you are reffering to with y extreme? I'll do a few mark ups and post them for ya.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:02 am

I meant long term extreme, yearly+ (Y+), thanks.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:04 am

v8power wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:Maybe this thread was a bad idea. Wasted fours posting and justed miss almost 100 pip drop on g/j. I need to learn how to type and not just with 2 fingers at a time, haha

Nice move down and up!
post91094#p91088

Your trying to piss me off aren't you. haha. the h1 with some cc's on it look real good right now

Nah, I can't piss u off. I don't trade large enough to make you jealous :mrgreen:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 am

I think I can actually be of some service to you v8! Lets face it US brokers suck donkey D#*%. I just went through this after my MT trading account got transferred to a bucket shop (TradeKing). Check out this thread. Big brothers hand hasn't reached the entire globe. :mrgreen:

http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/36221-going-offshore-escape-cftc.html

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 am

Sacrophage wrote:I've been short EA. Exited Fri. Want to be short again, ideally from the top of the cone or better with a stop above 1.53, for a break below the low @ 1.519. Maybe exit the short at the cone that develops after that breakdown. If I don't get the entry, do I chase, or should I not even be looking for this entry, and instead be waiting for a move back up to 1.54? Secondarily, since you need to use such tight stops to trade big leverage, I imagine waiting is 90% of the strategy. What % of trades don't quite make it into your acceptable SL zone? Or, do you shift the setup and alter volume to accommodate?

So as a quick glance these are lines and areas that stand out to me or show something important to me.

[quoteImage][/quote]

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 am

jrtrading wrote:Hi v8power,

EURJPY.png

Here is a monthly chart with that line on it. I would say that is one big, important something line and price could cross and maybe not make it back until dessert was being served. So would a real trader try and trade off that. Would my dumbass scroll down smaller times frames until I say something that said hey this looks like a trade you could win and post on kreslik about to show how awesome you are at picking entries on super long time frames. Hell yea. But don't be like me.

If looking at HTF look for a smaller chart to give you a reason to take your trade (yours being a long), but remember the htf has to eventually confirm it and close over something. Plus I'm still hugely bearish on yen pairs (bullish actual yen) or how ever you want to say it. Price is at a place where it could go up or down, right now. So look for an idea, then carry that idea to htf's.

[quoteImage][/quote]

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:49 am

Ok there has to be a faster to way to post charts. I have to save it from mt4, then a website pops up, then save it from there to my computer, then go to tiny pic, then browse for it and take forever cuz I now have a million pics the start with a pairs name, then upload it, then type the words to prove to tinypic im not abot, then finally cut and paste. I'm doing something wrong or is this the only way.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”