The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:Don't worry I already copied and pasted it just incase :D . But I completely understand. You seem to have a lot of first hand knowledge of inner workings. With out making yourself uncomfortable would you mind saying where it comes from?

I was one of TRO's disciples when he was an IB for MB, but I sucked at manual trading - learned to code and started writing EA's. Went through all those growing pains myself. Now I license algos to local hedge funds and private equity. Came back here to try my hand at manual trading again. In terms of % returns, you guys absolutely kick my ass. So, while I have knowledge to impart, it is likely less applicable to manual trading - I am here to learn!

Well glad your here. Feel free to post what your doing and ask what you want.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I was born in the darkness of ignorance...
The mentors of this forum pulled me out of this ignorance with the torchlight of knowledge...
I offer my respects and best wishes onto those who took the time and energy to lead me on the right path...

These charts and analysis are nothing without you, and it is to you whom I will forever be grateful...
You showed me how to SEE what can only be seen to be hiding in plain sight... The Truth

I hope that I can somehow give back what was given... Although it is doubtful that I will show you anything that you haven't seen before... For this reason I ask that you excuse my attempts I this regard...

Let's have some fun with this!?

OORAH!

Totally missed this, but hell yea.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Curious as to how the brexit vote will affect the market. I've been bullish on G/U since the start of the year and still have a long position on since Feb.
Pissed my margin has been slashed on all Gbp pairs.

Also Pro here is a live example of how and what I look for, for breakout/breakin trades. Did price close or did price not close over a line? Its just another idea to help build a thought of what price might do and where it might go. Also remember price can cross a line as long as its home for dinner and price can move hundreds of pips past a line on HTF charts before it has to be home. :mrgreen: HA its fun playing mini M.O.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Not my first, but my favorite ever. Big ass cam, custom exhaust and about 400 hp at the wheels. Ran in the high 11's in the quarter.

laksh

Postby laksh » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:43 pm

v8power wrote:Curious as to how the brexit vote will affect the market.

Brokers that I use (Oanda & Atom8) have already sent emails reducing the leverage on GBP pairs to 1:10 for a week, starting 17th.

Almost all polls that have come out here this weekend have placed Leave campaign ahead (some polls 3% points lead some polls up to 10% points lead).

Till now, I have asked about 13 of my friends/acquaintances: 9 are voting to Leave, 4 to stay.

There is a real buzz in the country that UK will vote to leave as uncontrolled immigration from EU has become the main issue. Unless most people change their minds in the last minute and vote to stay due to fear of economy and losing jobs, Brexit looks kind of certain now. Its got momentum over last two weeks. Hmm, also depends on Labour party voter (equivalent of Democrats in USA) turnout as most of them will vote to stay!!

If UK votes to leave EU, Gonna sell sell sell GBP pairs.. GU to 1.35 and then to 1.28. Then eventual recovery and can potentially become a safe haven currency like Swissy!!

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 pm

I've been short EA. Exited Fri. Want to be short again, ideally from the top of the cone or better with a stop above 1.53, for a break below the low @ 1.519. Maybe exit the short at the cone that develops after that breakdown. If I don't get the entry, do I chase, or should I not even be looking for this entry, and instead be waiting for a move back up to 1.54? Secondarily, since you need to use such tight stops to trade big leverage, I imagine waiting is 90% of the strategy. What % of trades don't quite make it into your acceptable SL zone? Or, do you shift the setup and alter volume to accommodate?
Attachments
EURAUDH1.png
EURAUDH1.png (36.26 KiB) Viewed 4446 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 am

Maybe this thread was a bad idea. Wasted fours posting and justed miss almost 100 pip drop on g/j. I need to learn how to type and not just with 2 fingers at a time, haha

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 am

v8power wrote:Maybe this thread was a bad idea. Wasted fours posting and justed miss almost 100 pip drop on g/j. I need to learn how to type and not just with 2 fingers at a time, haha

Nice move down and up!
post91094#p91088
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:37 am

aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:Maybe this thread was a bad idea. Wasted fours posting and justed miss almost 100 pip drop on g/j. I need to learn how to type and not just with 2 fingers at a time, haha

Nice move down and up!
post91094#p91088

Your trying to piss me off aren't you. haha. the h1 with some cc's on it look real good right now

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:39 am

laksh wrote:
v8power wrote:Curious as to how the brexit vote will affect the market.

Brokers that I use (Oanda & Atom8) have already sent emails reducing the leverage on GBP pairs to 1:10 for a week, starting 17th.

Almost all polls that have come out here this weekend have placed Leave campaign ahead (some polls 3% points lead some polls up to 10% points lead).

Till now, I have asked about 13 of my friends/acquaintances: 9 are voting to Leave, 4 to stay.

There is a real buzz in the country that UK will vote to leave as uncontrolled immigration from EU has become the main issue. Unless most people change their minds in the last minute and vote to stay due to fear of economy and losing jobs, Brexit looks kind of certain now. Its got momentum over last two weeks. Hmm, also depends on Labour party voter (equivalent of Democrats in USA) turnout as most of them will vote to stay!!

If UK votes to leave EU, Gonna sell sell sell GBP pairs.. GU to 1.35 and then to 1.28. Then eventual recovery and can potentially become a safe haven currency like Swissy!!

Last I heard it was a stay, so thanks for that heads up. Whatever the move is, it should be a good one.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”