The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

forexbob

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby forexbob » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:21 pm

A day away, and a new thread and 19 pages of extra reading. :D

Thanks V8, Jala and others (or should i thank the one on my ignorelist :twisted: )

Still working on my trading, and slowly improving.

Reading and rereading on kreslik.

Below a picture of a trade i took at the beginning of may.
When eurtry turned above something i got in with a short at 3.3960
For a number of days we are now drifting sideways.
Closed half, and further accumulating swap.
Hope the longs from 3.20 get zerolined

image.png
image.png (78.96 KiB) Viewed 2694 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:02 pm

So Im done trading for the year and no more charts will be posted of trades. I will continue to respond to peoples post and offer suggestions, but probably not much else. Seeing how there have only been 2 posts since last night I think it will be fine. Trading was fun for me in the beginning cuz it was the ultimate challenge. Almost everyone fails and only a very few exceed beyond the few that actually do good.

I had set four challenges just for fun for myself this year of a certain % gain in a certain timeframe. After yesterday I was able to complete the last to. Trading is like watching paint dry and doing it for 16 hrs a day with out chemical assistance just sucks. My trading is going to long term as I no longer really wish to day trade the way I have been.

This will be the best advice I can offer to those wanting to be profitable. Print out whatever ideas ffrom whatever thread you are trying to learn from along with the charts. Put that idea on your charts. Watch price, take notes. Write out a very strict trading plan at first and you can only place trades according to that. In 2-4 weeks with a few hours of screen time a day you should have no probably being profitable.

Good luck

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:17 pm

My normal charts are cluttered with random things for random ideas and said ignore them cuz I don't feel like taking stuff off. But since people still replied with things that I said ignore here is the naked version. :mrgreen:

I marked both lines before I went to bed. I know what and why I would have placed my trades. But what I do doesn't matter. What would have you done.
euraud-m15-oanda-division1.png
euraud-m15-oanda-division1.png (95.7 KiB) Viewed 2679 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Sacrophage wrote:I re-shorted EA after the #2 Sema at 1.5285, exited at 1.5256. Also, abandoned the long GJ idea and shorted at 1.5107 based on price action, after the #1 Sema. Set a TP for 1.5010, but exited at 1.5060 and scalped it 3 more times. Scared to hold on. Splitting my manual acct into 2 accts and trading with smaller cap to see if I can go bigger lotsize (relative) and hold out for larger profits.

Good job. Keep it up

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:19 pm

cmac813 wrote:
v8power wrote:I am going to post this pic with no explantion. But it shows why trading is so easy. Its also and update I posted earlier. Newbies feel free to say what you think it might show. Vets like Ja could care less, cuz he is pointing triangle on it in his mind and getting a way better trade then I could. Ignore any and all idiacators. My charts are used to test ideas out and will have random stuff on all the time.

Obviously there is a close under and close over using the 45 min bars. I'm not really sure if that's suggesting a move higher as it didn't break the most recent high.

The earlier part with the fib is broken by momo to the upside suggesting a move higher. Not certain of these things but it's all I can see from the chart.

If price didn't break a higher high or a lower lower and we are trying to trade extremes what shoud you have done/looked for

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1.png (117.84 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
v8power wrote:gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1.png

What are 2 of my exit targets. Zlines and crash zone. Crash zone is shown and extended threw the chart. Look where it cuts threw at. Extremes and breakous (zlines). Talk about confluence.

Also I have no idea what the next candle will be. But I have 2 different ideas of what price could do tomorrow that would let me build a idea to trade off of. Maybe some upward movement then bar finishing bearish, price just moving down straight into the cash zone, or down up possible action with a buy short term idea unfolding into a HTF idea. Did you check the weekly and monthly chart for clues( yea I know you don't know what pair just saying). Aslo what happens at 4:30 and 8:30 am est time tomorrow (news).

Its easy and simple if you are prepared and planned

I think everyone said they thought the next candle was going to be bullish. While I magically predicted some some upward movement then fininshing bearish, price going to the cash zone (we missed by a few pips) but had a long bar marking the days lowest low and price kindly went back and let us exit at the LOD and the yellow line marks a daily and weekly low extreme that we could have used for an exit. And it is also seting up a buy short term idea that could unfold into a HTF idea for tommorrow
Last edited by v8power on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmac813

Postby cmac813 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:32 pm

v8power wrote:If price didn't break a higher high or a lower lower and we are trying to trade extremes what shoud you have done/looked for

I guess if we're trying to trade from the extreme then you'd want to look for some shorting opportunities, in this example as we failed to make a higher high.

As far as there only being 2 posts since last night, this is a thread you started so if you're not posting I don't think as many people will post. I feel most came to this thread to learn from you and I assume you were sleeping which is why you weren't posting and other people probably didn't want to post random stuff in your thread.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:36 pm

V8 you been hitting the moonshine again bro? Wtf?
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:40 pm

So my last 2 post showing updated charts of charts I posted last night was just for me to show that I do not cherry pick my lines or trades to post and mark up. I have lines already on the chart with a idea of what price might do. This is just how I trade. Those 2 charts were a easy 200-600 pips depending on how many trades you were willing to take (7 I would have). I also trade 2 more pairs. Yes Im greedy. But like I said Im done day trading.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:43 pm

What are 2 of my exit targets. Zlines and crash zone. Crash zone is shown and extended threw the chart. Look where it cuts threw at. Extremes and breakous (zlines). Talk about confluence.

Also I have no idea what the next candle will be. But I have 2 different ideas of what price could do tomorrow that would let me build a idea to trade off of. Maybe some upward movement then bar finishing bearish, price just moving down straight into the cash zone, or down up possible action with a buy short term idea unfolding into a HTF idea. Did you check the weekly and monthly chart for clues( yea I know you don't know what pair just saying). Aslo what happens at 4:30 and 8:30 am est time tomorrow (news).

Its easy and simple if you are prepared and planned

I think everyone said they thought the next candle was going to be bullish. While I magically predicted some some upward movement then fininshing bearish, price going to the cash zone (we missed by a few pips) but had a long bar marking the days lowest low and price kindly went back and let us exit at the LOD and the yellow line marks a daily and weekly low extreme that we could have used for an exit. And it is also seting up a buy short term idea that could unfold into a HTF idea for tommorrow

I'll have to look back but I thought I said price was going to hit 1.3700 "smoke it" is what I think I said. LOL
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “TheRumpledOne”