The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Psychology is a big factor in trading. Do u know what triggers you.

You consider losses as a failure and not a statistical thing?
You trade to much risk so you make bad decisions?
Worried about being successful?

You wont make it unless you identify your mental issue and correct it thur sheer will. Change yourself or you method.

Well identified.

My own personal demon when setting out was the fact that, although I didn't ''care'' about money, I was a rabid perfectionist. I HATED it when I broke a streak of wins. I would NEVER end the day/session/hour/minute with a loser.

It was crippling me. So that was the one thing to break and I simply ended up using the same psychological techniques I used when kicking a football, which came down to - at its most basic - as my coach would say, ''100 million Chinese don't give a damn'', lol.

Howdie Partner,

Why is friday not a good day to get into a position for a Long Term Trader? Besides the monday open gaps any other reason we should sit out on friday? Be safe friend.

It's just personal preference, buddy. I will trade a morning but just find my focus drifting as the day drifts on.

I guess it goes back to my "other" lives, as the weekend was always pretty much begun through Friday, due to getting gear ready to travel on the Saturday, or whatever.

That attitude just carried over.

As the Big Gorillas will look to settle their positions going into the new week, then there will be moves to play off of for those so inclined, so it's nothing to do with trading conditions for me.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Leoheart » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Well identified.

My own personal demon when setting out was the fact that, although I didn't ''care'' about money, I was a rabid perfectionist. I HATED it when I broke a streak of wins. I would NEVER end the day/session/hour/minute with a loser.

It was crippling me. So that was the one thing to break and I simply ended up using the same psychological techniques I used when kicking a football, which came down to - at its most basic - as my coach would say, ''100 million Chinese don't give a damn'', lol.

Howdie Partner,

Why is friday not a good day to get into a position for a Long Term Trader? Besides the monday open gaps any other reason we should sit out on friday? Be safe friend.

It's just personal preference, buddy. I will trade a morning but just find my focus drifting as the day drifts on.

I guess it goes back to my "other" lives, as the weekend was always pretty much begun through Friday, due to getting gear ready to travel on the Saturday, or whatever.

As the Big Gorillas will look to settle their positions going into the new week, then there will be moves to play off of for those so inclined, so it's nothing to do with trading conditions for me.

'You don't need to find the Pros, You just need to find what you can and cannot get way with' - A Dear Friend

While we are on the topic of Gorillas and earning bananas for a living, lets run through a scenario.

A up coming gorilla at heart goes to a mom-pop exchange to exchange his bananas for no other reason but to gain more bananas (Oh dear the life we live)

Now at the mom-pop exchange there are Families of gorillas robbing unwary chimps and other gorillas all the time. Our Gorilla, Joe has saved a good amount bananas and looking to double or triple their them in a week or two. He has 1000 bananas to play with.

As he walks into the mp-exchange, Joe knows he can't just put up 1000 bananas on the table at once, its too much load and table will break. Another concern is itll quickly attract other gorillas to his motives.

Splitting is plausible but this may be an issue because the quality of bananas deteriorates from time he walks in the morning. He wants to all these bananas exchanged at around the same time. Perhaps another solution is splitting up the bananas in multiple mp-exchanges, to hid his activity and lessen the load.

What would you tell Joe? I only ask you, because your Gorilla lineage :D

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
Howdie Partner,

'You don't need to find the Pros, You just need to find what you can and cannot get way with' - A Dear Friend

While we are on the topic of Gorillas and earning bananas for a living, lets run through a scenario.

A up coming gorilla at heart goes to a mom-pop exchange to exchange his bananas for no other reason but to gain more bananas (Oh dear the life we live)

Now at the mom-pop exchange there are Families of gorillas robbing unwary chimps and other gorillas all the time. Our Gorilla, Joe has saved a good amount bananas and looking to double or triple their them in a week or two. He has 1000 bananas to play with.

As he walks into the mp-exchange, Joe knows he can't just put up 1000 bananas on the table at once, its too much load and table will break. Another concern is itll quickly attract other gorillas to his motives.

Splitting is plausible but this may be an issue because the quality of bananas deteriorates from time he walks in the morning. He wants to all these bananas exchanged at around the same time. Perhaps another solution is splitting up the bananas in multiple mp-exchanges, to hid his activity and lessen the load.

What would you tell Joe? I only ask you, because your Gorilla lineage :D

Any single, particular gorilla, will be unwilling - and more importantly, unable - to flood the banana market themselves.

The quiet way to do it is to split the load and specifically what would be done would be to loan the bananas to friends who would then exchange the bananas in a more discrete way and meet up in under a shady tree later to exchange profits...minus commission, of course.

Not sure if this is still entirely, err...legal, lol. Dem roolz is funny, nowadaze. ;)

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm

No trading today.

Looking at what can I change to get thinks better.

Hope you Guys are doing good!

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:34 pm

JESGPY wrote:No trading today.

Looking at what can I change to get thinks better.

Hope you Guys are doing good!

I know that struggle, buddy.

Good luck and come back and share when you've figured it out.
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:22 am

I'm guessing this is where the students come to share their ideas. Little back story of who I am and where I'm headed.

Started Trading in February 2019 through NNFX. Spent a lot of time trying out different indicators...about 6-8 hours a day for about 7 months. Started in Tradingview and gradually moved to MT4. I'm not a social butterfly but looking up indicators you end up in a lot of forums. I created an account with forex-station since they had some neat indis. a few days into my "membership" I saw a TRO thread "Never Lose Again. I was the last person to post a thank you on his thread before a moderator came in and closed the thread down.

Whatever the reason, I understood what TRO said about trading in that thread. Started with the Rat trade in Asia, was successful (others in a different "galaxy" trade the HOLO way). Went on to trading in NY. More difficult. Learned about the wickzone breakout trade. Tried it and failed it since I was trading in Asia most of the time. Fast forward a year...and I'm on my way to a successful trading career.

This is how I trade. I KNOW every candle (daily, hourly, 4hr, etc...) has: 1. Open 2.High 3. Low. Close. I also know that daily pivots get hit and passed on most pairs 70%+ of the time. The daily pivot point is my line in the sand. I trade in the daily current wicks...meaning that I'm trying to buy low in the day and hold all of London and Possibly all of NY. The reasoning is simply...in a bullish day, price makes a low, only to reverse and close beyond the open and create a new daily high, reverse, and close. Vice versa on a bearish day. In NY, I still trade reversals, but it has to do with future Pivot Points. I look for extremely bullish/bearish daily candles and wait after London close. I don't have a lot of money so I joined a Prop firm. I need to make 6% to join their profit sharing business. Max relative drawdown is 4% of the initial balance. currently I'm at 3% profit.

1. Risk...I use what some people in kreslik call "space" the 4% is my "space" and I divide that 4% into 40 parts...giving me my risk...
2. My profit taking is based on NY open. If at the daily high/low...I take 2/3 of position and let the remaining 1/3 run.
3. Psychology and thinking in probabilities has changed the way I trade. I sleep soundly through London while my positions are open.

My "edge" works because my returns tend to be 3-5+ on my winning trades. I can have three losing days and make everything back, plus profit, on my fourth day. I'm still working full time, and still learning more about trading but overall, that's what I look for.

With wickzone breakouts, I'm also starting to trade those in NY. I look for pairs that have not broken the previous high or low and enter before the break with TP a few pips above the zone.

Looking to continue learning and sharing ideas. Lemercenaire has also been a great help. I read alot about MO but there's so much material to go through, I really haven't understood him. Dchappy got me into Renko, and I do use 1-2-3 but the 3 is my entry on most cases. I also have a Heiken Ashi smoothing average that I use as a "moving horizontal line" and trade away from when touched on the 4hr (possible mean reversion??). I like 3ZZ as well.
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:58 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:I'm guessing this is where the students come to share their ideas. Little back story of who I am and where I'm headed.

Started Trading in February 2019 through NNFX. Spent a lot of time trying out different indicators...about 6-8 hours a day for about 7 months. Started in Tradingview and gradually moved to MT4. I'm not a social butterfly but looking up indicators you end up in a lot of forums. I created an account with forex-station since they had some neat indis. a few days into my "membership" I saw a TRO thread "Never Lose Again. I was the last person to post a thank you on his thread before a moderator came in and closed the thread down.

Whatever the reason, I understood what TRO said about trading in that thread. Started with the Rat trade in Asia, was successful (others in a different "galaxy" trade the HOLO way). Went on to trading in NY. More difficult. Learned about the wickzone breakout trade. Tried it and failed it since I was trading in Asia most of the time. Fast forward a year...and I'm on my way to a successful trading career.

This is how I trade. I KNOW every candle (daily, hourly, 4hr, etc...) has: 1. Open 2.High 3. Low. Close. I also know that daily pivots get hit and passed on most pairs 70%+ of the time. The daily pivot point is my line in the sand. I trade in the daily current wicks...meaning that I'm trying to buy low in the day and hold all of London and Possibly all of NY. The reasoning is simply...in a bullish day, price makes a low, only to reverse and close beyond the open and create a new daily high, reverse, and close. Vice versa on a bearish day. In NY, I still trade reversals, but it has to do with future Pivot Points. I look for extremely bullish/bearish daily candles and wait after London close. I don't have a lot of money so I joined a Prop firm. I need to make 6% to join their profit sharing business. Max relative drawdown is 4% of the initial balance. currently I'm at 3% profit.

1. Risk...I use what some people in kreslik call "space" the 4% is my "space" and I divide that 4% into 40 parts...giving me my risk...
2. My profit taking is based on NY open. If at the daily high/low...I take 2/3 of position and let the remaining 1/3 run.
3. Psychology and thinking in probabilities has changed the way I trade. I sleep soundly through London while my positions are open.

My "edge" works because my returns tend to be 3-5+ on my winning trades. I can have three losing days and make everything back, plus profit, on my fourth day. I'm still working full time, and still learning more about trading but overall, that's what I look for.

With wickzone breakouts, I'm also starting to trade those in NY. I look for pairs that have not broken the previous high or low and enter before the break with TP a few pips above the zone.

Looking to continue learning and sharing ideas. Lemercenaire has also been a great help. I read alot about MO but there's so much material to go through, I really haven't understood him. Dchappy got me into Renko, and I do use 1-2-3 but the 3 is my entry on most cases. I also have a Heiken Ashi smoothing average that I use as a "moving horizontal line" and trade away from when touched on the 4hr (possible mean reversion??). I like 3ZZ as well.

Thanks for sharing the story of your journey so far. Does it make sense when I say this is a very professional way of looking at your trading career?

Slowly building layer upon layer of technique and looking to truly understand why you are doing things, rather than just waiting on a random indicator to tell you what to do.

This is the way to build your career steadily and also in a way that will show faster and faster gains, in both knowledge and returns.

I don't have any doubt that the coming new year will bring you increased success if you continue the way you are going.

Good stuff.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:03 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:I'm guessing this is where the students come to share their ideas. Little back story of who I am and where I'm headed.

Thanks for sharing the story of your journey so far. Does it make sense when I say this is a very professional way of looking at your trading career?

Slowly building layer upon layer of technique and looking to truly understand why you are doing things, rather than just waiting on a random indicator to tell you what to do.

This is the way to build your career steadily and also in a way that will show faster and faster gains, in both knowledge and returns.

I don't have any doubt that the coming new year will bring you increased success if you continue the way you are going.

Good stuff.

I agree building market intelligence makes more sense than loyalty to some magic indicators. Indicators can help identify "things" but market intelligence is more important.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:17 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Good stuff.

I agree building market intelligence makes more sense than loyalty to some magic indicators. Indicators can help identify "things" but market intelligence is more important.

And then that "market intelligence" becomes what others looking in from the outside class as "gut instinct".

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:12 pm

So I wrote in my thread about finding your rich uncle. You seem to have found the rich uncle I was referring to. I'd rather have 50% of the profits from $1 million than 100% of $10,000.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”