The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:33 am

JESGPY wrote:Yeah!!

I am risking 5% . If I can avoid revenge trading and limit loses on bad days I think I can be good.

Will keep posting .

Mr. Hyde wrote:
JESGPY wrote:Today was a good day!

Manage to get a hold of myself after some *censored - swear word* ups, like have +25 and taking +3. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Day result is 3R positive. -1R first trade + 0R on second, + 2R on GU and +2 on EJ.

all that in 4,5 hours.

Lets see tomorrow.

That's freaking awesome. I love that another trader is killing it with this method. At 2% per R makes you 6% a day which is almost a zero to your account every two months. at 5% its a zero every month. HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

That is just sexy.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pablo101

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 am

aliassmith wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Hey Alias trading lord, I don't get it but why did you say 2% risk too high risk per trade?

Each of mine is 1% at the moment and I so confident I am planning 2% then 3 then 4. Rarely does my trades get stopped with a full stop as I have a mental stop of where to get out.

Anyway, why not 2?

Never trading lord that can be your title.

Try running your stats through a risk of ruin calculation . If you are satisfied with what you see then carry on.
Depends on your RRR, accuracy, percent risked.

I guess I'm just conservative. If 1% is good for the market wizards then its good enough for me.

I admit I am conflicted, in a way I agree and disagree, it sounds so rational to protect your capital, but since I am not the type to go all balls in and risk it all, I am here to make money as fast as possible without risking it all and have enough left to play.

Sitting on your arse for years and learning this (I mean, really knowing what you are doing) is paying off right now, so use this knowledge as a weapon and drain the banks is priority.

I repeat TRO's mantra, if you are affected by the $ amount at risking 20 dollars then what happens if you are risking 1,000 or 10,000.
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 am

I was sleeping. But another winner. It works. It just works. It still blows my mind.
Attachments
EURAUDM15.png
EURAUDM15.png (38.67 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:40 am

Let me add. MAYBE, the correct advice is for newbies is to blow accounts like many of us did. BUT start off small with a 100 dollar one and trade microlots.

It's not ideal but it is good for them to blow accounts. Huge learning curve.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:48 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
pablo101 wrote:"Haha. Yeah, I don't mind using high risk on smaller accounts, but once you hit a certain level you def want to drop the risk. Or keep enough cash to replace your account for that rainy day. Even 3% is crazy..."

Again, I don't get the logic. Of course anything can happen but if the trading plan gives you a high win rate then it doesn't matter if it is a large account or small.

If you are loosing x in a row, you still have money to make it up.

I'm guessing you and Alias are talking about the psychological bit on a large account?

Which is why when I listen to TRO when he says don't think about money but the points.

Remember no one thought oil could go negative until it did. No one thought it was possible to run a 4 min mile until they did. No one thought you could quarantine a country until we quarantined the whole world. I have never had 10 loses in a row but maybe I will one day. And its a lot easier to replace a $1,000 account then it is a $10 million account. Its not the psychological bit at all. I think every trader thinks this way until he grows his account to some size and then it sets in. With all that said. There is a trader I know and respect immensely that trades 5% a trade, but takes all his winnings out at the end of the week.

Also one day price is probably gonna spike past your sl. If your using a 5 pip stop at 5% and it spikes 100 pip beyond you, kiss your account bye bye. Yes this has happened to me and thank god I was not using super high risk or super small sl. I still loss almost 20% of my account and that messed with my head so hard. I was paralayzed.

Good post. You're right, anything can happen. Black swans could happen. I'm waiting for them to pull the 'global food shortage thing' just to get rid of someone we all know in the office after Nov (hope I am wrong).

And yeah, you reminded me of when I use to trade with MBT and price spike 100 pips past my stop and I could close the darn thing for a few minutes.

All good experience though.

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

Start the day with a small loss.

Oh well lets see. -0.8R
Attachments
1.png
1.png (29.83 KiB) Viewed 2493 times

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:03 pm

EU18092020_overview.png
EU18092020_overview.png (71.6 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

EU18092020_main.png
EU18092020_main.png (177.46 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:24 pm

pablo101 wrote:Let me add. MAYBE, the correct advice is for newbies is to blow accounts like many of us did. BUT start off small with a 100 dollar one and trade microlots.

I don't disagree with the 100 dollar starter account. That is what I recommend to people. I also suggest "proper" management from the beginning. If you can't manage $100 you can't manage anything.

In 6 months if the account has $130 consider making deposits monthly like a retirement account.

I've seen people do ridiculous s**t when it comes to trading. How about a guy that had no real track record drop $2 million into the stock market and trade it down to $1 million in a few months. His method was based on trending markets and was stuck in range markets/ bear markets and didn't have the experience or data to realize it.

I've seen a lot of "geniuses" making a lot of money in a bull market. A blind donkey could be successful. But wait that bear market made them sell their homes. The flash crash made them jump off buildings. The Swiss unpegged their currency look what happened.

I know, I know I'm conservative, must be my age setting in. :mrgreen:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm

JESGPY wrote:Start the day with a small loss.

Oh well lets see. -0.8R

The longer the micro trend is the less probable you will get high R values. You can see there were 2 moves earlier on that down trend that made decent R.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:48 pm

aliassmith wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Let me add. MAYBE, the correct advice is for newbies is to blow accounts like many of us did. BUT start off small with a 100 dollar one and trade microlots.

I don't disagree with the 100 dollar starter account. That is what I recommend to people. I also suggest "proper" management from the beginning. If you can't manage $100 you can't manage anything.

In 6 months if the account has $130 consider making deposits monthly like a retirement account.

I've seen people do ridiculous s**t when it comes to trading. How about a guy that had no real track record drop $2 million into the stock market and trade it down to $1 million in a few months. His method was based on trending markets and was stuck in range markets/ bear markets and didn't have the experience or data to realize it.

I've seen a lot of "geniuses" making a lot of money in a bull market. A blind donkey could be successful. But wait that bear market made them sell their homes. The flash crash made them jump off buildings. The Swiss unpegged their currency look what happened.

I know, I know I'm conservative, must be my age setting in. :mrgreen:

Agree with you Alias.

Good habits have to be practiced from the start.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”