The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 am

I'm officially a scalper, haha. Bagged me a quick 20 pips on GU, using the old and trusted Buyzone method. +6%, done for the day. Of course until the ES open.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu May 17, 2018 8:05 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:I'm officially a scalper, haha. Bagged me a quick 20 pips on GU, using the old and trusted Buyzone method. +6%, done for the day. Of course until the ES open.

Nicely done. I knew I could drag you over to The Dark Side :P

Just think. +6% and you've still got all day to go do other interesting things (if you have a life away from the charts, of course, lol).

Funnily enough, I have also been tinkering with BZ charts over the last month or so, looking at identifying pairs best suited. So far, every day a trade has triggered, has ended up in profit easily.

This TRO bloke may be on to something :P

All fun in the sun.

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Thu May 17, 2018 10:25 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:I'm officially a scalper, haha. Bagged me a quick 20 pips on GU, using the old and trusted Buyzone method. +6%, done for the day. Of course until the ES open.

6% over 20 pips is quite high leverage (relatively, to what I normally use). I guess it's fine if you're consistently profitable, but it must sting when price tears against you and hits your catastrophic SL. I'm happy if I manage to compound 2% daily

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Nicely done. I knew I could drag you over to The Dark Side :P

Just think. +6% and you've still got all day to go do other interesting things (if you have a life away from the charts, of course, lol).

Funnily enough, I have also been tinkering with BZ charts over the last month or so, looking at identifying pairs best suited. So far, every day a trade has triggered, has ended up in profit easily.

This TRO bloke may be on to something :P

All fun in the sun.

Haha. Yea you got me, for sure. Yea it was nice actually going out in the world today.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu May 17, 2018 3:08 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:

6% over 20 pips is quite high leverage (relatively, to what I normally use). I guess it's fine if you're consistently profitable, but it must sting when price tears against you and hits your catastrophic SL. I'm happy if I manage to compound 2% daily

Yea it is. I risk 1.5% at a max 10 pip loss and enter 2 different times and try to keep the sl around 8-10 pips. Yea it suck when you get stopped out.

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am

v8power wrote:Another thing I love to use in my trading is the failure of a pattern/setup. There is actually of very widly used pattern that the failure wins more then the actually pattern. So what I do is what for it to fail and then take my easy money. The cool thing aboiut a failure is yuou don't take the trade until it is more then likely to go your way (unless your in congestion). Now if you see this pattern inside itself, then I play that straight and gives me a win of about 9 out of 10. No Im not telling you the pattern

Any guesses what pattern he was talking about? My guess is it's the zline :D

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:
v8power wrote:Another thing I love to use in my trading is the failure of a pattern/setup. There is actually of very widly used pattern that the failure wins more then the actually pattern. So what I do is what for it to fail and then take my easy money. The cool thing aboiut a failure is yuou don't take the trade until it is more then likely to go your way (unless your in congestion). Now if you see this pattern inside itself, then I play that straight and gives me a win of about 9 out of 10. No Im not telling you the pattern

Not a 100% sure what pattern he is talking about. But he did like to play failures. One easy example is the buyzone. He wouldn't play the first break of the BZ and would wait to see if it failed. He considered a failure not making 10 pips. So in his mind if it didn't move 10 pips and went out the other side he felt that he was more likely to get more pips. He would also see if London was a lot of congestion and then assumed price was more likely to breakout in US session giving a bigger move. He would even apply it to the open hour of the sessions. Sometimes we would skip the 1st hour of the session 3am/8am est and wait to see if price just whipped sawed back and forth and if the 1hr candle was small. He felt then the next hour would present a better trade.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

Not a 100% sure what pattern he is talking about. But he did like to play failures. One easy example is the buyzone. He wouldn't play the first break of the BZ and would wait to see if it failed. He considered a failure not making 10 pips. So in his mind if it didn't move 10 pips and went out the other side he felt that he was more likely to get more pips. He would also see if London was a lot of congestion and then assumed price was more likely to breakout in US session giving a bigger move. He would even apply it to the open hour of the sessions. Sometimes we would skip the 1st hour of the session 3am/8am est and wait to see if price just whipped sawed back and forth and if the 1hr candle was small. He felt then the next hour would present a better trade.

One easy example is the buyzone. He wouldn't play the first break of the BZ and would wait to see if it failed. He considered a failure not making 10 pips. So in his mind if it didn't move 10 pips and went out the other side he felt that he was more likely to get more pips.

By going the other way and taking the trade opposite to the first break? Or taking the second test in the same direction?

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

One easy example is the buyzone. He wouldn't play the first break of the BZ and would wait to see if it failed. He considered a failure not making 10 pips. So in his mind if it didn't move 10 pips and went out the other side he felt that he was more likely to get more pips.

By going the other way and taking the trade opposite to the first break? Or taking the second test in the same direction?

By taking the break the other way. Or we also would only trade in the same direction as the daily candle so we would look for instances were price first went the other way and only moved a few pips out of the zone and then waited to take the trade in the other direction with the daily candle color. We also would split are entries into the TRO way of the 3-4 pips from the open and then the other half at .00.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

By taking the break the other way. Or we also would only trade in the same direction as the daily candle so we would look for instances were price first went the other way and only moved a few pips out of the zone and then waited to take the trade in the other direction with the daily candle color. We also would split are entries into the TRO way of the 3-4 pips from the open and then the other half at .00.

Ah, OK. Thanks for that.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”