The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
I'll have to look at that for sure. Thanks. I really like basic candlestick patterns at key price levels. They work real good and require little thought.

When you say trigger bar are you talking about the engulfing bar itself or the candle that comes after.

Funny you mention EB's. Almost all my trades on right now have a potential EB bar and a IB on the HTF. All the entries were TTE on the STF pretty much. I love when trading is super simple.

Ha, just noticed that today's Daily DAX is a break (short) of an EB.

Oh good grief, Charlie Brown. I completely missed that there was an EB a couple of hours ago on the H1 DAX as well!

Both of these worked out very nicely, by the way - I need to start paying more attention to these babies!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Another chart of MO idea's. The red check marks show bigger and bigger 1hr bars (123). Which I believe he said represents a S/D imbalance. Then the black line is just I think it was called fat cat S/R. Pretty much just a line that price either closes over or under and then continues one way.

Just curious (and ok, too lazy to go check it myself, lol) but #7...did it close under?

Yea it did. But that's why I threw the ??? in there, since the bar hadn't closed yet.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:25 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Funny you mention EB's. Almost all my trades on right now have a potential EB bar and a IB on the HTF. All the entries were TTE on the STF pretty much. I love when trading is super simple.

Ha, just noticed that today's Daily DAX is a break (short) of an EB.

Oh good grief, Charlie Brown. I completely missed that there was an EB a couple of hours ago on the H1 DAX as well!

Both of these worked out very nicely, by the way - I need to start paying more attention to these babies!

Not trading it yet (taking your warning to heart), but the DAX looked beautiful for the trade set ups I like.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Another chart of MO idea's. The red check marks show bigger and bigger 1hr bars (123). Which I believe he said represents a S/D imbalance. Then the black line is just I think it was called fat cat S/R. Pretty much just a line that price either closes over or under and then continues one way.

Just curious (and ok, too lazy to go check it myself, lol) but #7...did it close under?

Yea it did. But that's why I threw the ??? in there, since the bar hadn't closed yet.

I was just curious if it did, as that would have been my call.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

Nice looking M bar. Supposedly a breakout is most likely to happen on bar 21=29. Lets see.
Attachments
EURJPYH4.png
EURJPYH4.png (38.43 KiB) Viewed 3014 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 am

Used the black dragon line as resistance. Had some candles with long wicks. London opened and took the short trade with candle color. 60 pips in a hour. Now this is how trading should be.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.png426.png
GBPUSDM15.png426.png (39.75 KiB) Viewed 3013 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
I'll have to look at that for sure. Thanks. I really like basic candlestick patterns at key price levels. They work real good and require little thought.

When you say trigger bar are you talking about the engulfing bar itself or the candle that comes after.

The engulfing bar.

Just thought of something while mulling the Engulfing Bar entry thing. If you know you are going to have an EB form, then for eg, if it's going to close as a long entry at the high break, why would you not simply enter at the close of the bar and add those extra pips between the close level and the high?

Yes, I know you take the risk that it wouldn't have gone on to be a break but if the strike-rate is high enough - which it seems like it is - then any fails would be more than covered.

Need to investigate that more - specifically because it is going against my usual WZ rules.

Got a perfect example for me to work with this morning with my DAX trade.

I run a two-hour block (06:00 - 07:00 and 07:00 - 08:00 bars uk time) and this morning had the second bar as an engulfing bar.

Everything else was telling me to Short at the entry - and that, of course would be the WZ entry. However, as an EB, the second bar closed Long, so the play there was to go Long at the break of the High. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...Well, I did ask for an example to check it out, lol.

As it turned out, I ran it as my usual play and took the Short back inside the body. Got my percents and more. Sorted.

Now, here's where it gets interesting...after all that was said and done, price did turn and went on to break the High.

A Two-Fer! Sooooooo...maybe (and as far as I'm concerned) the play is, take the WZ play as the first option, then be aware that any move may be short-lived and will eventually turn and follow EB rules. (Of course, a long break of the extreme is also a WZ play, so there's that :P )

It does, however, knock the idea of taking a pre-emptive entry at the close of the EB on the head. I can live with that.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
The engulfing bar.

Just thought of something while mulling the Engulfing Bar entry thing. If you know you are going to have an EB form, then for eg, if it's going to close as a long entry at the high break, why would you not simply enter at the close of the bar and add those extra pips between the close level and the high?

Yes, I know you take the risk that it wouldn't have gone on to be a break but if the strike-rate is high enough - which it seems like it is - then any fails would be more than covered.

Need to investigate that more - specifically because it is going against my usual WZ rules.

I run a two-hour block (06:00 - 07:00 and 07:00 - 08:00 bars uk time) and this morning had the second bar as an engulfing bar.

Everything else was telling me to Short at the entry - and that, of course would be the WZ entry. However, as an EB, the second bar closed Long, so the play there was to go Long at the break of the High. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...Well, I did ask for an example to check it out, lol.

As it turned out, I ran it as my usual play and took the Short back inside the body. Got my percents and more. Sorted.

Now, here's where it gets interesting...after all that was said and done, price did turn and went on to break the High.

A Two-Fer! Sooooooo...maybe (and as far as I'm concerned) the play is, take the WZ play as the first option, then be aware that any move may be short-lived and will eventually turn and follow EB rules. (Of course, a long break of the extreme is also a WZ play, so there's that :P )

It does, however, knock the idea of taking a pre-emptive entry at the close of the EB on the head. I can live with that.

You are no longer a Zline virgin. Congrats. You took out the traders (or perhaps I should say Algos :lol: ) that were holding on their profits as you were pillaging your way back through the body. Now the return will inevitable be a wick, that is your cue to go start pillaging at the break. Chocolate Chip Cookies, anyone :lol:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:47 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

You are no longer a Zline virgin. Congrats. You took out the traders (or perhaps I should say Algos :lol: ) that were holding on their profits as you were pillaging your way back through the body. Now the return will inevitable be a wick, that is your cue to go start pillaging at the break. Chocolate Chip Cookies, anyone :lol:

Aw, shucks! I'd heard so much about Z-Lines that I was worried I wouldn't like it - and it was soooooo nice! :oops:

I'll have two cookies, please!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon May 14, 2018 1:44 am

I still like to play with angles from time to time. Its crazy how laser accurate they can be. then used with confluence of other idea's and awesome trade idea's form. My problem is I still don't know exactly where and why you start them from and when they are no longer valued. I don't really look for them, they just sort of appear to me when looking at the charts. Lets see how this one plays out.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.png
GBPUSDM15.png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 2738 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”