The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:53 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Super easy trade idea I have been toying with. Multiple inside bars on the 4hr. Inside bars are basically triangle (higher lows, lower highs). Plus when played on the 4hr chart you can get in with a super small sl (this on is 20 pips), probably as smaller or smaller then the sl some use on the 15m chart. Now the I don't just randomly take any and all IB's but I have been looking at patterns of which ones offer the best chance at winning.

I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

I'll have to look at that for sure. Thanks. I really like basic candlestick patterns at key price levels. They work real good and require little thought.

When you say trigger bar are you talking about the engulfing bar itself or the candle that comes after.

The engulfing bar.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:13 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

I'll have to look at that for sure. Thanks. I really like basic candlestick patterns at key price levels. They work real good and require little thought.

When you say trigger bar are you talking about the engulfing bar itself or the candle that comes after.

The engulfing bar.

Just thought of something while mulling the Engulfing Bar entry thing. If you know you are going to have an EB form, then for eg, if it's going to close as a long entry at the high break, why would you not simply enter at the close of the bar and add those extra pips between the close level and the high?

Yes, I know you take the risk that it wouldn't have gone on to be a break but if the strike-rate is high enough - which it seems like it is - then any fails would be more than covered.

Need to investigate that more - specifically because it is going against my usual WZ rules.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:35 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

The engulfing bar.

Just thought of something while mulling the Engulfing Bar entry thing. If you know you are going to have an EB form, then for eg, if it's going to close as a long entry at the high break, why would you not simply enter at the close of the bar and add those extra pips between the close level and the high?

Yes, I know you take the risk that it wouldn't have gone on to be a break but if the strike-rate is high enough - which it seems like it is - then any fails would be more than covered.

Need to investigate that more - specifically because it is going against my usual WZ rules.

There is actually one on the weekly chart for the pound. I like the idea of using it for holding trades longer and a directional bias.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 am

So been reading early post in NLA thread and some post by MO have stood out. The way he would mark his charts and zlines, you would see 2 lines and then a lot of times the next bar would wick into those 2 lines but close outside of them and a lot of times would be a weak bar (small bar). Then if understood MO would throw out some limit orders where price would wick him into the trade. Charts shows what I'm talking about.
Attachments
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (47.36 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 am

Another chart of MO idea's. The red check marks show bigger and bigger 1hr bars (123). Which I believe he said represents a S/D imbalance. Then the black line is just I think it was called fat cat S/R. Pretty much just a line that price either closes over or under and then continues one way.
Attachments
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (46.15 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am

I don't trade GU in Asia normally, but this could have been a good play. You were in a 4hr zone, then you get a dark cloud cover on the 15m. The next 15m bar to open is also the start of a new hour making your trade with candle color. The add on is just a S/R line or a 1hr momo zline, how ever you wanted to look at it. Exit at next 4hr zline or after the long body 1hr bar.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.png
GBPUSDM15.png (34.63 KiB) Viewed 2275 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Super easy trade idea I have been toying with. Multiple inside bars on the 4hr. Inside bars are basically triangle (higher lows, lower highs). Plus when played on the 4hr chart you can get in with a super small sl (this on is 20 pips), probably as smaller or smaller then the sl some use on the 15m chart. Now the I don't just randomly take any and all IB's but I have been looking at patterns of which ones offer the best chance at winning.

I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

Funny you mention EB's. Almost all my trades on right now have a potential EB bar and a IB on the HTF. All the entries were TTE on the STF pretty much. I love when trading is super simple.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm

So I have to give a big thanks to PTG. His latest posts and charts are very similar to how I trade and has given me things to think about and try to add to my trading. One of those is dragon lines. While I have always had them in the back of my mind, I never really gave much thought to them. Second is add on to a position.

Thanks to him linking some old dragon post, I found this post by Capt P. commenting on Dragon's method of adding on.

"If i am reading correctly you are adding when a longish M15 candle is showing "intention" -

ie the first m15 to close beyond the previous H4
or the first m15 to close under your trend lines of consolidation
sometimes the break of longer wicks in your direction (whilst also crossing below an h4 or H1 - something of significance) - that is also forming a Zline of course."

Here is a mark up of EJ for yesterday. The 1st long would have been initiated by a rejection of a dragon line. Then the add is based on what Capt P said. The first short trade is just a simple zline trade and the add on same as the long.
Attachments
EURJPYM15.png
EURJPYM15.png (53.17 KiB) Viewed 2240 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

Funny you mention EB's. Almost all my trades on right now have a potential EB bar and a IB on the HTF. All the entries were TTE on the STF pretty much. I love when trading is super simple.

Ha, just noticed that today's Daily DAX is a break (short) of an EB.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:48 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Another chart of MO idea's. The red check marks show bigger and bigger 1hr bars (123). Which I believe he said represents a S/D imbalance. Then the black line is just I think it was called fat cat S/R. Pretty much just a line that price either closes over or under and then continues one way.

Just curious (and ok, too lazy to go check it myself, lol) but #7...did it close under?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”