The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Considering the orange boxes as the most recent weekly candle (last weeks)
And that the weekly ZL/MZ area of interest was much higher than your entry shown.

Not condemning, just wondering why you entered lower instead of higher?
I know, the word WHY puts people on the defense but I gotta ask.

higherEntry.png
higherEntry.png (177.41 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Also that post made me think of something I want any lurkers/newbies or member that thinks I'm stupid for using high leverage/high risk and doing something crazy like risking 10% over 10 pips. That sounds stupid and extreme but if your look at my accounts as a whole it would actually be very small risk. Plus its OPM and the trade is very high probability.

A lot of my MM is based on MO's idea's (especially early NLA ideas), but taken to the extreme. I don't think MO realized there was a nut job like me reading his posts about trading for sextillion dollars, who actually thought hell yea lets do it.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:As an ECP, you have all offshore benefits while in the US - no FIFO, hedging allowed, even higher leverage. As far as liquidity, brokers will build a custom bridge for you if you are big enough. Back in the day, I used to shut down MB Trading all the time with high frequency. Was also kicked out of a couple of others for no real reason, but it seems clear the market making brokers all have a threshold for your profitability. Exceed that consistently, and you are asked to leave. Once I moved to Citi, I had my own bridge - liquidity was negotiated as cleared $/sec based on monthly volume traded and provide/take ratio. Citi still runs the velocity group, as well as full institutional. I still trade with them and keep a retail acct with FXCM, with better liquidity and ECP privileges over std retail.

See now this is the type of info I need. I would love for some of the big boys that have 1st hand knowledge to offer advice or share what they think is important. I assumed at some $$$ point you would have to do something else then mess with small retail firms. I have no knowledge of the markets, brokerages or how the big boys play and since it's not what 90% of what people are worried about it never gets talked about.

Thank you for the insight. It is hugely appreciated.

What you really want is a custodial acct with your prime broker, as collateral for the LOC that you trade from... Custodial acct can literally be physical gold in a vault. They ask for 100M in assets for this - when you press them, they drop to 20M, but will actually do the deal for as little as 5M. I may delete all of this info depending how deep we go here, but the point is, once you have the money, just call some of the larger banks and ask the questions - they are a bunch of whores.

Don't worry I already copied and pasted it just incase :D . But I completely understand. You seem to have a lot of first hand knowledge of inner workings. With out making yourself uncomfortable would you mind saying where it comes from?

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:20 pm

v8power wrote:Also that post made me think of something I want any lurkers/newbies or member that thinks I'm stupid for using high leverage/high risk and doing something crazy like risking 10% over 10 pips. That sounds stupid and extreme but if your look at my accounts as a whole it would actually be very small risk. Plus its OPM and the trade is very high probability.

A lot of my MM is based on MO's idea's (especially early NLA ideas), but taken to the extreme. I don't think MO realized there was a nut job like me reading his posts about trading for sextillion dollars, who actually thought hell yea lets do it.

We need a friggin LIKE button damn it.

Michal, this possible?
(yeah, I feel like I've hit the big time, Site owner wishing me something in another language and then liking my comment. hahaha

B-dayHappy.png
B-dayHappy.png (14.69 KiB) Viewed 4611 times

LIkeButton.png
LIkeButton.png (14.52 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:21 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Considering the orange boxes as the most recent weekly candle (last weeks)
And that the weekly ZL/MZ area of interest was much higher than your entry shown.

higherEntry.png

Not sure exactly what you are asking. When I get home I will mark up my charts in better detail and post them. I made that post in haste. Also it takes me forever to actually do a detail markup, which is why I normally don't. But will be glad to if it will help. You can ask why all you want, doesn't offend me at all. Actually makes me happy cuz it shows that the poster is thinking on their own and wanting to learn.

Its one thing I hate that I wasn't there in the beginning of NLA. To post my charts and ask why. So always feel free.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 pm

v8power wrote:Don't worry I already copied and pasted it just incase :D . But I completely understand. You seem to have a lot of first hand knowledge of inner workings. With out making yourself uncomfortable would you mind saying where it comes from?

I was one of TRO's disciples when he was an IB for MB, but I sucked at manual trading - learned to code and started writing EA's. Went through all those growing pains myself. Now I license algos to local hedge funds and private equity. Came back here to try my hand at manual trading again. In terms of % returns, you guys absolutely kick my ass. So, while I have knowledge to impart, it is likely less applicable to manual trading - I am here to learn!

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:52 pm

On the topic of crazy stupid lot sizes...

FXS will have this functionality, which it seems bypasses platform limitations and issues trades directly at broker level at light speed... Add to that the ability to apply this to multiple brokers at the same time... Smells like a possible solution to me...?

"BlackBox Trading API: Efficient and ultra fast (1000 requests/second) HTTP based API to open, modify and close orders and positions across all accounts. Retrieve all orders and positions across all accounts. Our institutional clients have been requesting this for a long time. Available on Pro only."

If only we knew someone who could code this functionality...? ;)
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Jalarupa wrote:On the topic of crazy stupid lot sizes...

FXS will have this functionality, which it seems bypasses platform limitations and issues trades directly at broker level at light speed... Add to that the ability to apply this to multiple brokers at the same time... Smells like a possible solution to me...?

"BlackBox Trading API: Efficient and ultra fast (1000 requests/second) HTTP based API to open, modify and close orders and positions across all accounts. Retrieve all orders and positions across all accounts. Our institutional clients have been requesting this for a long time. Available on Pro only."

If only we knew someone who could code this functionality...? ;)

Now the thread is official. Good to see ya Ja.

Hum this synergy thing of yours sounds better and better.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Great looking forward to getting stuck in...

Just having issues putting my son to sleep...

So will have to post some charts tomorrow...

Peace ✌
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:24 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Considering the orange boxes as the most recent weekly candle (last weeks)

higherEntry.png

Ok I lied. No huge mark up, but see if this answers your questions. All the red lines show is a breakout/breakin trade. I think sometimes people get so caught up in the MZ and 50% they forget what a zline really is (or is in my opinon). It just shows where price broke out with momo. The weekly one marks were price broke down and I used the last bullish bar extreme as a possible zline. Price came within 35 pips (spacebox) and offered a trade. The daily one shows the same. You have 3 bearish bars (think SI or cc's) that broke out of the last bullish's bar extreme. Price came back within 35 pips and offered a trade. The hourly chart shows the same. Thursday's daily bar broke out of the past 2 days extreme. Then price came back and offered you a trade.

This is why I laugh when people say MO's idea's aren't this or that or testable. That one chart shows the same setup (yes I call them set ups) on the weekly(HTF), daily(extremes) and hourly(STF). All within MO's 35 pips of space. It requires no thought at all. Even using 2% risk on 10 pips those 3 trades only were worth almost 140% without compounding or adding to. 3 trades. Maybe 3 hours of work. And a 1,000 account becomes almost 2,500. Do that 2 more times before the end of the month and you have your 0. That's how you add a zero every month.

Hope that explains it. If not ask again and maybe post a chart so I see what your asking.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”