The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:05 am

I marked it up like this after the fact as a fun little shout out to DC. !st entry was TTE and 2nd was the 2 point.
Attachments
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-m15-fx-choice-limited.png (25.02 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am

So this is just a after the fact thought. But you can see that price was at a nice zline on the 4hr. Then if you drop to the 15m chart you can see that price makes a dragon line, wicks its, then if you went long on the break of the high of the bullish candle with the red arrow you could have gotten in at 1.3930 w/ a sl at 1.3915. Now I wonder instead of a full position just put on a part and then try to get in at a better price thus reducing the size of your sl and increasing your RR. The exit is your choice and there is a chance to add.

What do you guys think. Also would you even be comfortable with the 1st entry since you would be trading into a 1hr momo. Also if price did go down, it would be just as easy to say that price has been dropping like a rock, why would you be looking for a long.

gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1.png (41.73 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 1924 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:!st entry was off the 1hr and 15m Supply zone. Also could have been a triangle. 2nd entry was a break into the DWZ. Took a profit and thinking about letting it run some more.

euraud-m15-fx-choice-limited.png

Now this is another part of my trading that I have really been examining. And that is taking all my profit quick and dirty on smaller timeframes or still letting a part of the trade run and see if it turns into something I can play on the HTF's. When it works it is a huge pay day, but I wonder about all the loses and lost profit on all the other trades. Those could add up day after day. Hum.

The way to get around that, is that instead of taking a chunk off, you add another chunk on. Again, this is how I use S+D in another way.

You could even combine the best of two methods, by closing out the trade - but keep an eye on the thing - then if does instead run on and you get what would have been an add-in, you open a new trade. That can help with the psychological issues, though of course it's not the same thing in the long run.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:31 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:!st entry was off the 1hr and 15m Supply zone. Also could have been a triangle. 2nd entry was a break into the DWZ. Took a profit and thinking about letting it run some more.

Now this is another part of my trading that I have really been examining. And that is taking all my profit quick and dirty on smaller timeframes or still letting a part of the trade run and see if it turns into something I can play on the HTF's. When it works it is a huge pay day, but I wonder about all the loses and lost profit on all the other trades. Those could add up day after day. Hum.

The way to get around that, is that instead of taking a chunk off, you add another chunk on. Again, this is how I use S+D in another way.

You could even combine the best of two methods, by closing out the trade - but keep an eye on the thing - then if does instead run on and you get what would have been an add-in, you open a new trade. That can help with the psychological issues, though of course it's not the same thing in the long run.

"you add another chunk on"

So since I already had 2 positions on and didn't see any other place to add on, how would you go about this. Plus wouldn't that chunk kind of be like the second position anyway, or I'm just not understanding what you are saying.

"by closing out the trade - but keep an eye on the thing - then if does instead run on and you get what would have been an add-in, you open a new trade"

Now this way if Im understanding you would probably end up blowing my account. When ever I chase price or try to add on in a way that is not part of my trading plan is price almost always smacks me in the head. Now I can get a add on during a retrace every now and then and sometimes even take a loss trying to do this by price retracing more before going back in my original direction or I end up being completely wrong about the direction.

Basically Im best at the start of PA and trade setup's. For whatever reason my trading skills go to s**t once in the middle of price action. Which is kind of funny cuz you always hear people say never try for the top or bottom, but get a piece out of the middle.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

So since I already had 2 positions on and didn't see any other place to add on, how would you go about this. Plus wouldn't that chunk kind of be like the second position anyway, or I'm just not understanding what you are saying.

"by closing out the trade - but keep an eye on the thing - then if does instead run on and you get what would have been an add-in, you open a new trade"

Now this way if Im understanding you would probably end up blowing my account. When ever I chase price or try to add on in a way that is not part of my trading plan is price almost always smacks me in the head. Now I can get a add on during a retrace every now and then and sometimes even take a loss trying to do this by price retracing more before going back in my original direction or I end up being completely wrong about the direction.

Basically Im best at the start of PA and trade setup's. For whatever reason my trading skills go to s**t once in the middle of price action. Which is kind of funny cuz you always hear people say never try for the top or bottom, but get a piece out of the middle.

Yeah, listen. The way I run my trades is not for everyone, lol. If it is something you are not comfortable with, then I'd walk well away! In fact, don't walk, just run, run very fast!!! :lol:

All I am saying is that, imagine I am in a trade. I generally will be managing that trade down on the m15 down time-frames (while keeping an eye on the overall big picture).

When I get down there, you will get the usual pull-backs, retraces etc. As these kick in there will be micro S+D Zones popping up. All I am saying is that I will add-in at these points. At any other time - scalping for instance - these would qualify as stand-alone trades anyway, so I am not freelancing here, it is completely structured and ''by-the-rules'' of my methods.

I should say that at the time the actual retrace or whatever kicks in - if that is also a qualifying trade but simply in the opposite direction - I will take that as well as a separate entity, while obviously closing it out as it looks like price is once again going to go in my original direction. That way, I cover any loss of pips should the original ''big'' trade actually never turn and continue on but close out instead. In this way I haven't given anything back to the market (well, ok, there will still be some but nowhere near as much as a full turn would have cost before close-out).

(I do, once again, realise that this isn't an option for US-based traders without access to multiple accounts, as it is, in effect, a hedge).

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:57 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Yeah, listen. The way I run my trades is not for everyone, lol. If it is something you are not comfortable with, then I'd walk well away! In fact, don't walk, just run, run very fast!!! :lol:

All I am saying is that, imagine I am in a trade. I generally will be managing that trade down on the m15 down time-frames (while keeping an eye on the overall big picture).

When I get down there, you will get the usual pull-backs, retraces etc. As these kick in there will be micro S+D Zones popping up. All I am saying is that I will add-in at these points. At any other time - scalping for instance - these would qualify as stand-alone trades anyway, so I am not freelancing here, it is completely structured and ''by-the-rules'' of my methods.

I should say that at the time the actual retrace or whatever kicks in - if that is also a qualifying trade but simply in the opposite direction - I will take that as well as a separate entity, while obviously closing it out as it looks like price is once again going to go in my original direction. That way, I cover any loss of pips should the original ''big'' trade actually never turn and continue on but close out instead. In this way I haven't given anything back to the market (well, ok, there will still be some but nowhere near as much as a full turn would have cost before close-out).

(I do, once again, realise that this isn't an option for US-based traders without access to multiple accounts, as it is, in effect, a hedge).

Yeah, everyone does have their own way and should stay with what they are comfortable with. But I do love the explanation of how you do it as it gives me idea's to play around with.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

[color=#BF0000]Yeah, everyone does have their own way and should stay with what they are comfortable with. But I do love the explanation of how you do it as it gives me idea's to play around with.
[/color]

That's ideal and the way it should be. Take what you can use and make it your own.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:01 am

Super easy trade idea I have been toying with. Multiple inside bars on the 4hr. Inside bars are basically triangle (higher lows, lower highs). Plus when played on the 4hr chart you can get in with a super small sl (this on is 20 pips), probably as smaller or smaller then the sl some use on the 15m chart. Now the I don't just randomly take any and all IB's but I have been looking at patterns of which ones offer the best chance at winning.
Attachments
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (34.84 KiB) Viewed 1848 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:31 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Super easy trade idea I have been toying with. Multiple inside bars on the 4hr. Inside bars are basically triangle (higher lows, lower highs). Plus when played on the 4hr chart you can get in with a super small sl (this on is 20 pips), probably as smaller or smaller then the sl some use on the 15m chart. Now the I don't just randomly take any and all IB's but I have been looking at patterns of which ones offer the best chance at winning.

I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:36 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Super easy trade idea I have been toying with. Multiple inside bars on the 4hr. Inside bars are basically triangle (higher lows, lower highs). Plus when played on the 4hr chart you can get in with a super small sl (this on is 20 pips), probably as smaller or smaller then the sl some use on the 15m chart. Now the I don't just randomly take any and all IB's but I have been looking at patterns of which ones offer the best chance at winning.

I like Engulfing Bars on the H4. If the trigger bar closes up, go long - if closes down, go short. (On the breaks of the H / L).

I'll have to look at that for sure. Thanks. I really like basic candlestick patterns at key price levels. They work real good and require little thought.

When you say trigger bar are you talking about the engulfing bar itself or the candle that comes after.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”