THE BUY ZONE MANUAL

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 am

TRO,

Should the buy zone be traded both directions, long and short for the statistics to work out? Thank you,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 am

Patch wrote:TygerKrane

I believe that the entry trigger amount has everything to do with the time frame you are using with the BZ, as does the profit target. Both are directly dependent on the Time Frame being traded, as well, I believe the direction, be it green or red. If markets tend to fall much faster than they go up, why would the entry and profit targets for the long and short trade be the same? This is my question. I am having my autotrader able to have variables for each, and I will test the forward and back to see if the theory holds any water or not.

What do you think? Does this make sense or not? The BZ is so simple.

What is the BZ edges?

Patch
In VA

::clears throat::, ::cracks knuckles::, ::and prepares to make an ass of himself on the world wide interweb::

BZ edges: I think the BZ's edge comes from looking at a daily chart, from ANY data feed, irregardless :shock: of their daily candle start time...price ALWAYS moves from it's starting point. Daily doji candle bodies are the exception, NOT the rule, so get in at the beginning of the day and follow the bias, being 99.99% certain that at the end of the 'day', you will see a candle with either a large body, or large wicks (and therein, the profit potential.)

The BZ is simple: The fact that I needed TRO to make this retardedly simple observation for me shows how cluttered my brain was by the standard learning of indicators, oscillators and regurgitators.

For the main part of your comment: As I was writing out my latest methodology, I stumbled upon my new trading mantra,
***First intention is ALWAYS to scalp, anything else is purely luck.***

Second part of that means, I WILL NEVER widen my stops to avoid volatility while trying to catch, "The Bigger Move." If all it takes is 10 pips a day, then f*&k it, I will take my 3 pips and wait for the next setup. If I catch a bigger move without my stop being hit, then I am lucky and happy; I'll do my best not to Yale-up my brain cells in search of "The Unified Theory of the T-Shaped Maze."

I guess I disagree on your trigger amounts though. Setting a trigger 1pip up and down and moving from there...maybe if I'm doing ticker tape reading FOREX TAPING READING - PIP, PIP, PIP . Otherwise, at a minimum, I'd rather have my stoploss be an order for a reverse entry.

I don't believe that markets fall quicker than they rise, I just see two pairs that have near-infinite freedom to move. {Like when I'm long and the market goes down, I say "Oh, there's NO WAY it can go down more, it's done way too much downward movement already!" Then I double up long and before I know it, I'm visited by my friend Mr. Margin Call, lol.}

I think that neither the Buy Zone triggers nor their profit targets are dependent on the time frame. That is to say, I see the method as a high probability SCALP and whether your signal comes every 5mins or every 4 hours, the essence is only to catch a few pips. Using methods like, for example, a rat reversal on a 4hr chart, the stop loss would still be 10; and you're still trying to scalp a few pips (even less than 10) as price of current 4hr candle hits the extreme of previous 4hr candle. Sure the chart looks beautiful in hindsight with an 80 pip move or something, but the wick will be like 30 pips; the longer time exposure of a 4hr candle leaves more room for price fluctuation, even as candle fulfills its red, green, green or green, red, red.

Forgive the long-winded response, I probably didn't fully address what you asked, let me know. Honestly, this is like one of MY FIRST conversations with a person who is into forex, so I probably am just over-elated to exchange ideas with someone who might know what the hell I'm talking about for a change.

Sincerely,
TygerKrane, hoping to remain an active member, Lord knows I'm always lurking around here anyway.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:13 am

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1356

Read these manuals until the light bulb goes off. Price is the same on all time frames, don't let timeframes confuse the point. If your thinking of changing parameters of your buy zone because you think price falls quicker than it climbs, your thinking way to much. Concentrate more on the statistics.

Is the question can 8 stuff into 31, rather than 31 into 8?

31 can't stuff into 8, that's the beauty of the buy zone.

T

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 pm

tmanbone wrote:TRO,

Should the buy zone be traded both directions, long and short for the statistics to work out? Thank you,

What statistics are you referring to?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 am

The ones you and Michal Kreslik ran on figuring out the proper entry from open, stop and target. Thanks,

T

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 pm

No. The statistics say that if price moves X pips from the open in one direction, chances are it will move Y pips from the open in the same direction and X < Y.

So if price is above the open, enter long and if price is below the open, enter short.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:42 am

Thank you. I appreciate the answer.

T

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm

TRO

can you comment on this picture i attached. I trying to work out what blue and red dotted lines do. i think i got it "they are signals to get ready to go short "red dotted lines " or long "blue dotted lines". Once these lines appear i wait until the H1 and D1 are in agreement with direction of signal line be red or blue.

I entry as soon as the H1 and D1 change to that diection

bb

newschool

Postby newschool » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm gonna repeat what I posted on another BZ thread.

These are my results from a EA optimization. I think Kreslik's way of backtesting is more precise than mine, but much information is always better than not enough...

- The best hours are 7 and 8 GMT on GU (the market opening of London)
- The bz pip trigger should be 10 pips
- The SL can be tighter at 7 pips, and a trailingstop of 8 pips should be better than a TP

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Newschool is this the only pair you trade with the above rules? Have you had good results using these parameters?

Do you still trade the buyzone method using the above?

With thanks and regards

Return to “TheRumpledOne”