"The Best of dragon33"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:22 am

RicG Thank you for this document...I spent the weekend reading through all of it and I am sure I shall be reading through it again as a reference and motivational article for years to come and for this I will always be in your debt.

My only crit is that it does not include the posts related to what I consider one of dragonn33's biggest personal contributions to this community. (and it most certainly is only a broad overview, rather than an in-depth look at everything he has posted and taught - as mentioned by RicG already)

The Dragon Line conversation in Lukx's thread, seems to not have made an appearance in your chronological documentation.

I am referring to these pictures...

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... start=4720

Why do I feel this way about the Dragon Lines?

Well they are the foundational chart representation of dramatic changes in order flow, and allow us to see where the pockets of supply and demand are located... They give rise to so many other forms of pricing patterns, and are what I use on a daily basis to reference consolidation based trades.

To dragon33, I would like to say that your story is what keeps me motivated to keep coming back everyday and hit the order button, not because I want to be like you or want what you have, but because it is such a wonderful story of victory in the face of difficulty... It didn't happen overnight, it happened with hard work, determination and guts. So you are a wonderful example for all of us. Thank you

Now with all of your kind permission, I would like to continue the discussion, so that all may benefit, new and old. because lets face it, I was a Newbie 4 years ago, and it took me over a year and a half to catch up to a level of understanding where I actually knew what traders were talking about. So I would like to show something that I have been doing in my personal capacity to try and understand better what goes on in the mind of dragon.

This thread is called "The Best of dragon33" and so we should all be able to dive deeply into that and grow from it, the book doesn't matter (it just makes it easier to pick up on the process and the art of the trader - but all the info is still here and because dragon uses tinypic, most of his images are also).

Any serious student should take a day to find a forum downloading software package and download all his images for their own records, or if they are technically unsavvy just use the search function and do it that way -right click save as (you will probably learn more by doing it the slow way, and then wont be in need of a book).

So I want to pick apart a dragon chart once a week and would like to encourage those who are serious to do the same...

This week I have gone with one that is in the book...
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 am

Jalarupa, good idea. Personaly i would love to see play by play charts from the current low-liquidity market.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 am

In the above chart there is definitive H1 MOMO coming off what seems to be a weekly extreme, which dragon trades into the supply at the H1 Zline... Basically sticking to his premiss of trading the ranges of H4 Candle bodies... The H4 body which he trades away from is the H4 MOMO distinctly in the area between the 50% and 0% (or the body mid and the open)

Lets take another look

So we can see from this chart H1 that there are what appear to be two dragon lines, but what makes the one above so much more significant in the dragon mind set is the massive MOMO that it created from the initial MOMO H1 candle next to it, which is something dragon refers to as being between the 50% and zero of a MOMO candle, the Zero is where a lot of his rejection type price action / close over or under a line stuff likes to happen...

Lets look at the bigger picture to see what was really going on...

The Daily shows a wonderful rejection of a LARGE D1 MOMO CLOSE - showing that there is a lot of demand at that price level...
Price has returned to that level and Dragon Plays off the H4 MOMO Open (which is the rejecting wick on the D1 Chart)

*This is just my take on it, I'm not saying that this is exactly how dragon saw it, and would welcome any other insights, as well as similar studies

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:14 am

judokamak wrote:Jalarupa, good idea. Personaly i would love to see play by play charts from the current low-liquidity market.

Good idea to include some hind sight play by plays...

EJ this week provided wonderful Dragon style off the H4 MOMO (both ways)

same pic in H1

MOMO Adjusted to H1 MOMO

Messy chart... but I'm sure if you look at the naked charts on your own platform you will see what i mean...

Naked for your pleasure

- Red line is the Daily Open...

xXx

Postby xXx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Jalarupa great idea 8)
Maybe we should first with basics.
What do you define as a Dragon line and how do we draw it?

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Dragon line by definition is a line where candles have changed direction and therefore colour... they occur on all time frames but as per application the larger time frames always hold more importance...

From his examples Dragon trades them mainly off the H1 time frame and looks at them to show price turns at extremes or out of extremes...

More picture and explanation here
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... start=4730

xXx

Postby xXx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Thank you Jal.
In other words Dragon lines can be compared to Sam Seiden's Supply & Demand? Are there any differences?

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:28 pm

The difference is the Sam's levels require a RBD/DBD/RBR type of price action where Dragon lines are just a Line in the sand at a turning point in the market... These dragon lines also form what is known as a Zero Line from time to time... So I guess there is simularity but the underlying price action varies a lot between Dragons Lines and Sam's Zones...

Look at a price chart and you will see what I mean... ;)

roctao

Postby roctao » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:51 pm

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... &start=170

This is withnai'ls thread explaining Sam Seiden supply and demand.
Incase a new member (or older member) doesn't understand
RBD/DBD/RBR

Thanks to Dragon for allowing Ric to produce this book. It is an awesome trading manual Ric thank you..

Pasaia

Postby Pasaia » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Ok friends, like Jalarupa, i will post here a quick view of what i saw on Gbp/usd. No trade made. I think, again, I think :) it´s very close of what dragon33 does.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”