Stochastics

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MarketSlayer

Stochastics

Postby MarketSlayer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 am

See the attachment for details.
A-This shows the high of the session spiking up.
B-Stochastic settings of 14,14,14 shows a high and rounding separation of the K and D indicates pair is maxed out.
C-Stochastic settings of 9,5,5 is great for showing Divergence. Here the price is spiking higher and notice how the indicator is heading down. Solid Divergence. This is screaming SHORT.
D-Stochastic settings of 3,3,3 is fast and shows Divergence also here and is screaming SHORT.
NUGGET - If you see the 14 Stoch %K hit 80 and flat line for 4 candles or soo, expect a pull back and bust to new highs. It will also do this near 20 or below. A flat %K is a warning the high is very near. Expect solid reversal.
Attachments
StochasticAnalysis1.jpg
StochasticAnalysis1.jpg (90.04 KiB) Viewed 2561 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PINKPANTHER5

Postby PINKPANTHER5 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 am

You must be very careful with stoch, there are a lot of false crossovers. Stoch is best used on the much higher time frames if at all. You will notice that small time frames and large time frames give totally opposite signals.

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:27 am

MarketSlayer

I like stochs a lot with you; and want to ask you a question. Cover up the top price chart and tell me what the three STO charts are telling you to do trade wise.

I hope you are benefiting from being here on Kreslik. This place is like me as a kid in a big candy shop. Enjoy yourself and take your time.

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

MarketSlayer

Postby MarketSlayer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:43 am

I have done that with the #14 and the #3 Stochs....I hid the charts and based off the indicators, plotted vertical lines when the #14 was high and rolled over above 60, and the #3 retraced and rolled over. It was shockingly accurate. If you add the Trendlines and wait for the price to react, or break support/Resistance after stochs cross is good. Also each pair has its personality. I often notice EUR/USD Stochs will spike three times with the last spike Diverging...
If you can combine this with Support/Resistance Price lines it helps.

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 am

MarketSlayer -
Sounds like you are on the right track. Keep posting charts with your entry and exit notes as your are able to do so. --Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”