Space Traveller :-)

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

laksh

Half Term Review!!

Postby laksh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 am

Over the last few weeks, I have been searching and doing a fearless moral inventory of my trading progress as half year mark of this project is approaching!!

To be totally honest, my project is heading to a failure. I could reach only 10 way points till now. At this pace, even a bronze seems not achievable. Since regret of not trying will be far worse than actual failure itself, I have decided on a new course of action plan. As I can't change the direction of the wind, I need to change the set of the sails.

My Conclusions:

1. Trading without a proper time schedule & missing the main market hours can take a trader only to a certain level.

2. Spending time on more and more technical analysis does not always take a trader to the next level. Its trading psychology and growing the nerves to execute the plan with out fear is what takes a trader to the next level.

Action Plan:

1. Starting from next week until end of this year, I have cut down my full time job hours by half. (40 hours per week to 20 hours per week. Occasionally, during customer visits, I will have to work full day). It enables me to trade/concentrate fully on London morning session.

2. To be able to afford (1) with out having any psychological impacts, I have taken out half of account balance and starting the project with reamaining half as a brand new one.

3. Committing an hour each day to do Master Key System exercises for the next 24 weeks. It is a non negotiable and unalterable term to myself.

Hmmm, standing at the base of a tall mountain, I am telling myself its not as hard as it seems to climb the summit!! I should just enjoy the Journey/The Climb.

Space10Kss.png
Space10Kss.png (89.63 KiB) Viewed 5361 times

MM10K.PNG
MM10K.PNG (90.82 KiB) Viewed 5361 times

P.S: Oanda integrated TradingView charts in their platform.. it is so awesome!!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

laksh

Re: Space Traveller :-)

Postby laksh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:57 am

I have no association with this broker... like this advert as it got played whilst watching a YT video!!

"I have to know when to GET IN when to GET OUT. When I win it feels great, when I lose I analyse what I did wrong and start again. Every experience makes me better. I trade, I love it"

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:53 am

aliassmith wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
PeterBerregi wrote:In fact I would love one of the gurus here to create a thread and log all the trades involved to make it to a single MO waypoint, warts and all. For example include all positive and "negative" trades - those that caused a stumble/setback on their way to the waypoint.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this is a challenge for me :). Once I have reached this point in my trading I will create a thread and do just that.

Before and After - where a trader posts the before chart right after entering the trade, and then edits the post to include the after chart right after exiting. Charts posted only afterwards pollute your mind by being able to look ahead - even subconsciously. Obviously, this is a bit of a time commitment, so probably only for M15 and larger traders. I'd be in for this, but I ain't no guru :lol:

I couldn't/wouldn't do that for all my trades. Its to much work. In the past I posted before and after for a few people calling BS. I have nothing to prove anymore.

I for sure learned this one the hard way.

laksh

Postby laksh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:19 pm

A Warrior's Prayer from the book "The Way of the Warrior Trader"

Lord, grant me the strength to face the risk with poise and confidence, the wisdom to accept the losses I might incur, and the spiritual faith to see that whatever happens is for the higher good!

Jalarupa

Re: Half Term Review!!

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:51 pm

laksh wrote:P.S: Oanda integrated TradingView charts in their platform.. it is so awesome!!

I had a look because I love TV... but you cant trade from the charts... so thats a little pointless at the moment for me... but Its nice to have, but it could be better...
:smt065

laksh

Postby laksh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
laksh wrote:P.S: Oanda integrated TradingView charts in their platform.. it is so awesome!!

I had a look because I love TV... but you cant trade from the charts... so thats a little pointless at the moment for me... but Its nice to have, but it could be better...

Hi Jalarupa,

Not sure what you mean by can't trade from charts... When I login to Oanda platform and click on advanced charting, it opens up TV and I can place orders on the charts..

oanda_tv.PNG
oanda_tv.PNG (150.39 KiB) Viewed 5256 times

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:18 pm

laksh wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:

Hi Jalarupa,

Not sure what you mean by can't trade from charts... When I login to Oanda platform and click on advanced charting, it opens up TV and I can place orders on the charts..

oanda_tv.PNG

Hmmm... musta missed something then...

TV is awesome! ;)
:smt065

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Ignore the cc's if you want. But that blue line screams idea's for trading tomorrow.

gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1-2.png
gbpusd-d1-oanda-division1-2.png (96.67 KiB) Viewed 5171 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:15 am

laksh wrote:Over the last few weeks, I have been searching and doing a fearless moral inventory of my trading progress as half year mark of this project is approaching!!

To be totally honest, my project is heading to a failure. I could reach only 10 way points till now. At this pace, even a bronze seems not achievable. Since regret of not trying will be far worse than actual failure itself, I have decided on a new course of action plan. As I can't change the direction of the wind, I need to change the set of the sails.

My Conclusions:

1. Trading without a proper time schedule & missing the main market hours can take a trader only to a certain level.

2. Spending time on more and more technical analysis does not always take a trader to the next level. Its trading psychology and growing the nerves to execute the plan with out fear is what takes a trader to the next level.

Action Plan:

1. Starting from next week until end of this year, I have cut down my full time job hours by half. (40 hours per week to 20 hours per week. Occasionally, during customer visits, I will have to work full day). It enables me to trade/concentrate fully on London morning session.

2. To be able to afford (1) with out having any psychological impacts, I have taken out half of account balance and starting the project with reamaining half as a brand new one.

3. Committing an hour each day to do Master Key System exercises for the next 24 weeks. It is a non negotiable and unalterable term to myself.

Hmmm, standing at the base of a tall mountain, I am telling myself its not as hard as it seems to climb the summit!! I should just enjoy the Journey/The Climb.

Space10Kss.png

MM10K.PNG

P.S: Oanda integrated TradingView charts in their platform.. it is so awesome!!

Just remember you already tripled your account this year. That's awesome returns. The market doesn't care if you make your goals(just cuz I have a 5,000 pip challenge for myself this week doesn't mean I will hit it :mrgreen: ). Just be smart and do what you have been doing all year. Don't try changing your trading dramatically. The more screen time you get, the easier it will get. So maybe you only make 5% this month, but what if you doubled what you made each month (5,10,20,40,80,160,320%).

If you need anything you have my email. Feel free to reach out anytime.

laksh

Postby laksh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
laksh wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:

Hi Jalarupa,

oanda_tv.PNG

Hmmm... musta missed something then...

TV is awesome! ;)

Yeah, I am learning it, its really cool.

BTW, have you got a tradingview.com account, where in you publish your TA lines/projections on HTF?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”