Space Traveller :-)

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

laksh

Re: Space Traveller :-)

Postby laksh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Watching Masters Climax and something flashed in my mind....May be a hole in Golf is like a way point in space MM (?)

Jordan Spieth screwing up hole 12 (Quadruple bogey: -5 to -1) is like using $MAX SIZE when one can easily reach last 10% of next way point with $MIN and still win BIG.

As MightOne says -- Trade to a goal not through a goal.
Last edited by laksh on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

laksh

Postby laksh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 pm

aliassmith wrote:
laksh wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I think I would be inclined to take my seed money out of the account and continue the journey with that OPM. In case something unforeseen happens.

Thanks aliassmith.

My broker is UK FCA authorized and got a maximum protection of £50000. I work in a full time job and banks in UK offer a savings interest rate of <= 1% APR. I will keep seed money for now and take it after reaching 15th way point.

I was more referring to black swans in the market or your trading plan. >Think swiss franc<

Ah OK. Thank you.. Will think about it.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri May 27, 2016 12:32 am

Space Traveler, you are a beast! My lowly goal is 100% in 5 weeks, so my ramp schedule is a bit more subdued. But, in the end, you can't make returns like these for very long before reaching maximum size. It's just the amount of time it takes to get there. I wish you warp speed!

PeterBerregi

Postby PeterBerregi » Fri May 27, 2016 5:43 am

laksh

Just stumbled across your thread too and also want to congratulate you on your progress. You are another inspiration on kreslik.com to those of us that are not quite there yet! Traders like you are what helps us to keep the faith, and to keep working hard so we can get there as well.

I hope it is not too much to ask, but some entry / exit charts would be great. Always like seeing how people use MO/TRO and the rest to achieve their success.

In fact I would love one of the gurus here to create a thread and log all the trades involved to make it to a single MO waypoint, warts and all. For example include all positive and "negative" trades - those that caused a stumble/setback on their way to the waypoint.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this is a challenge for me :). Once I have reached this point in my trading I will create a thread and do just that.

Anyway, rambling a bit now, but this site is by far the best resource on the 'net. No spruiking. No bullsh*t and full of people genuinely out to help others achieve success.

Sorry. Still rambling.

Well done laksh. Keep it up

PB

laksh

Postby laksh » Fri May 27, 2016 6:51 pm

Sacrophage wrote:Space Traveler, you are a beast! My lowly goal is 100% in 5 weeks, so my ramp schedule is a bit more subdued. But, in the end, you can't make returns like these for very long before reaching maximum size. It's just the amount of time it takes to get there. I wish you warp speed!

Hi Sacrophage,

I am just a little cub :-) There are some beautiful beast of traders on this forum. I am learning from their posts and applying it to my trading.

Trading psychology and MM execution is the real deal in progressive trading.

All the best to your goal.

laksh

Postby laksh » Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 pm

PeterBerregi wrote:laksh

Just stumbled across your thread too and also want to congratulate you on your progress. You are another inspiration on kreslik.com to those of us that are not quite there yet! Traders like you are what helps us to keep the faith, and to keep working hard so we can get there as well.

I hope it is not too much to ask, but some entry / exit charts would be great. Always like seeing how people use MO/TRO and the rest to achieve their success.

In fact I would love one of the gurus here to create a thread and log all the trades involved to make it to a single MO waypoint, warts and all. For example include all positive and "negative" trades - those that caused a stumble/setback on their way to the waypoint.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this is a challenge for me :). Once I have reached this point in my trading I will create a thread and do just that.

Anyway, rambling a bit now, but this site is by far the best resource on the 'net. No spruiking. No bullsh*t and full of people genuinely out to help others achieve success.

Sorry. Still rambling.

Well done laksh. Keep it up

PB

Hi PeterBerregi,

Thank you for your kind words. I am relatively a newbie in trading world (less than 3 yrs).. I work in a full time job. I live in UK..full time job is London hours: 9 AM to 5 PM. So at the moment, it is hard to mark charts and post them on a regular basis.

My initial plan is to trade full time from next year, depending on the outcome of my trading project.

Since couple of days I have been pondering about withdrawing 10K and re-seed the accont to remaining 10K and change so that I can take 3 months leave from my job and concentrate full time on trading for 3 months. It is a weigh-in between 3.8 way points backwards for a 3 month full time trading.

If my above plan works out, I will log trades of a way point or two with entry/exit charts as you wished on a daily basis.

I am sure you will make it... work on detaching from outcome of a single trade and trading gets simpler and simpler.

First 20 secs of this video is cool!!

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri May 27, 2016 7:45 pm

PeterBerregi wrote:In fact I would love one of the gurus here to create a thread and log all the trades involved to make it to a single MO waypoint, warts and all. For example include all positive and "negative" trades - those that caused a stumble/setback on their way to the waypoint.

Before and After - where a trader posts the before chart right after entering the trade, and then edits the post to include the after chart right after exiting. Charts posted only afterwards pollute your mind by being able to look ahead - even subconsciously. Obviously, this is a bit of a time commitment, so probably only for M15 and larger traders. I'd be in for this, but I ain't no guru :lol:

PeterBerregi

Postby PeterBerregi » Sun May 29, 2016 11:26 pm

laksh

I like your plan and based on the fact that you've already tripled your account I reckon you are more than ready. Don't worry about posting your trades - focus on getting yourself right and you will get plenty of time to help others once you're 100% there. It's like that analogy of the oxygen masks on those plane safety videos. Put yours on before you help out anyone else around you - as counter intuitive as that seems especially if you're flying with your kids. As you've said there is more than enough information on this site to help us reach our goals.

But once you are there, hey I wouldn't complain if you shared :)

Sacrophage

Exactly what I was thinking. That is currently how I record all my trades. I always take a snapshot of the setup and entry and then at the very least another one of the completed trade. Sometimes, but not always, I even record screenshots during the trade and my thoughts at that time as I find it useful to see how I was thinking/feeling when I go through them again. So I as a challenge for myself, once I have successfully and repeatedly reached a waypoint or 3 I will create a thread and log my trades. Let's see if I can beat laksh to the punch :wink:

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue May 31, 2016 3:33 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
PeterBerregi wrote:In fact I would love one of the gurus here to create a thread and log all the trades involved to make it to a single MO waypoint, warts and all. For example include all positive and "negative" trades - those that caused a stumble/setback on their way to the waypoint.

Before and After - where a trader posts the before chart right after entering the trade, and then edits the post to include the after chart right after exiting. Charts posted only afterwards pollute your mind by being able to look ahead - even subconsciously. Obviously, this is a bit of a time commitment, so probably only for M15 and larger traders. I'd be in for this, but I ain't no guru :lol:

I couldn't/wouldn't do that for all my trades. Its to much work. In the past I posted before and after for a few people calling BS. I have nothing to prove anymore.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

PeterBerregi

Postby PeterBerregi » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:06 am

aliassmith wrote:... I have nothing to prove anymore.

You sure don't :D

You have already given plenty to those of us that are starting out.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”