free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Don_xyZ

Re: Sleepy Trades

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:53 pm

Mira wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Mira wrote:Hello my friends!
It's been a while.. some things changed forever, we lost some friends and that still hurts. However I'm happy to see that some 'old' guy are still around and some new too.
I stopped daytrading a few years ago except for some case but I kept investing and following the markets, then I started to learn coding and I love it.. but I can't waste years of trades and efforts. I'm going to master this sht, no excuses.

THE CASE

Analysing my trades I discoverd that I have an idea of what price is doing and a lot of techniques to use but my discipline sucks.
I wanted too much too fast and I ended taking newbie-like trades.. sooo stupid.
However I'm learning patience and precision and I want to continue on this path.

THE PLAN

Since I got no time to look at the charts everyday I'm going for an EOD strategy and this will give me some benefits like:

- less time needed to trade
- less stress / emotions
- more time to analyse the charts

This week I started with a demo account (I need to warm up a bit ahahah) but I will switch to real micro-account or a funded one soon,the next week maybe.

CONCLUSION

To conclude I just want to add that I missed to post here and that's one of the main reasons that took me back to trade.. please post here what the f you want.

Thank You!

Hi Mira. It's great to see you posting again!
I enjoyed reading your exchange with the other members from back then.
I also enjoy coding these days.

Since you don't have that much time to sit the chart daily then why not go with 1 minute with FX or 5 seconds chart with ES or NQ? A little over 15 minutes for M1 chart might be enough to quench your pip-hungry appetite or maybe just 5 minutes in the case of 5 seconds chart. I mean it depends on which one weighs more for you, is it the no time available during the day or the hungry for fast pips and fast money.

Hi Don, thank you!

Very nice, are you on a particular programming language at the moment? I had some basics from school but it was years ago LOL.
One year ago I started with Python and lately I'm on Kotlin and Android, Python is my first choice by the way.. it's too intuitive and versatile.

However thank you for your suggestion, are you trading those time frames? Honestly I've always been fascineted by scalping but I found that is not my way, not now. I have a few 5 mins straegies that I traded for a while but I get greedy quickly af :lol:
I'll be happy to learn more in the furure btw, I'll follow up your trades

For the moment I'll focus on simple things:

- 1 stress-free time frame (D1)
- trade 1 time per day (EOD)

Haha, I had no such privilege during my school days. I just started with simple mql4 and then to pine script and now mql5. Trading specific you see :lol: IgazI also suggested me to take on a real programming journey but I don't really have the strength to go up that stairs.

I do trade on M1 and M5 but not on seconds tf. Fx with seconds is a suicide. If I trade futures (ES, NQ or YM) then I'd try 5 seconds.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:14 pm

Yesterday I accidentally closed the long on EURGBP (+26.2 pips). I opened a trade on UK100 but I forgot that pip size is way different from FX and my "anti-crash" EA closed all the trades :cry:
Fortunately I'm on a demo account, I needed a quick reminder :lol: :lol:
Then I took two longs and this is the situation at the moment:

UJ was a bit fast but that 50% was too sexy to not give it a try.
18072023 O USDJPYDaily.png
18072023 O USDJPYDaily.png (72.43 KiB) Viewed 4084 times

UC has a very large stop, I took it like that for now.. in the future I'll try to recude the stop loss increasing lot size while price is pushing in my direction, that is not the case for now lol.

18072023 O USDCADDaily.png
18072023 O USDCADDaily.png (70.63 KiB) Viewed 4084 times

I noticed that they retraced a bit today, let's see what happens next.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Mira wrote:Yesterday I accidentally closed the long on EURGBP (+26.2 pips). I opened a trade on UK100 but I forgot that pip size is way different from FX and my "anti-crash" EA closed all the trades :cry:
Fortunately I'm on a demo account, I needed a quick reminder :lol: :lol:
Then I took two longs and this is the situation at the moment:

UJ was a bit fast but that 50% was too sexy to not give it a try.
18072023 O USDJPYDaily.png

UC has a very large stop, I took it like that for now.. in the future I'll try to recude the stop loss increasing lot size while price is pushing in my direction, that is not the case for now lol.

18072023 O USDCADDaily.png

I noticed that they retraced a bit today, let's see what happens next.

No electric power == no internet connection, a short but strong thunderstorm turned off my pc this morning so I can’t remotely access to my charts.
However I should look at them only at the end of the day sooo :oops: :lol:

I’m posting an update from my phone.
I closed UJ last night leaving a lot of money on the table, I should start to believe in my targets.. same thing for EURGBP on Monday.

IMG_1856.png
IMG_1856.png (244.06 KiB) Viewed 4037 times

USDCAD retraced until the Zero Line before rising again, it’s still open

IMG_1857.png
IMG_1857.png (236.4 KiB) Viewed 4037 times

Except for the UK100 mistake about position sizing all the trades reached the target without many problems, obviously daily charts take a while, you have to keep in mind that a drawdown could last a few days but after holding cryptocurrencies that’s NOTHING. :lol:

In two weeks I took 5/6 trades while monitoring a basket of 5/6 pairs (I don’t remember).

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 pm

Damn I hate doing this things on a phone but I just wanted to share a chart of interest for the next week.
It will either go up or down but it will happen at one of those levels.

IMG_1863.png
IMG_1863.png (134.28 KiB) Viewed 4034 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:02 pm

I’m 100% a software guy but programming hardware could be fun (at this level) :D

I’m on my way to build a micro crane using a Raspberry Pi Pico and some basic module, I found all I need in a starter kit on Amazon (Raspberry included) for something like 30€.

Another funny project could be a scrolling ticker led bar in that NYSE fashion style that I love :smt007

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:13 am

Mira wrote:I’m 100% a software guy but programming hardware could be fun (at this level) :D

I’m on my way to build a micro crane using a Raspberry Pi Pico and some basic module, I found all I need in a starter kit on Amazon (Raspberry included) for something like 30€.

Another funny project could be a scrolling ticker led bar in that NYSE fashion style that I love :smt007

I was thinking of making a biggish digital display with times of the exchanges, maybe time left to certain session/kill zones etc.
Show times and alarms for when a four hour candle is about to close etc.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”