Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Load it fresh, don't compile.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Tue May 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Ok, fight fans.

Finally got the Positive/Negative Histo to work. Apparently, MT4 needed to be re-started! I've never seen that before in MT4 when switching between Indicators - oh, well. Thanks Everybody! :)

Now, I'll see if I can use both Histo and Line on the same chart to observe any meaningful differentials. BTW - you guys can play around with your own "Trend" indicators to look for:

a) Divergence between TCD and "Trend" with snap-back to "Trend." A very simple tactic. Also, you might want to search for TCD and "Trend" convergence in the larger time-intervals. Typically a good place to launch what I call LocBind Trades. LocBind stands for Location Binding principle and it is a part of the Global Trade Variables within my system (there are several different types of Global Trade Variables). LocBind (Location Binding) is a brain dead easy concept.

It basically says: If Previous Bar Closes with Negative H-Scale (down), then Enter Long for X pips. If Prevoius Bar Closes with Positive H-Scale (up), then Enter Short for X pips. H-Scale is another system Delta that I have not talk about because it is so simple to understand. Bar closes UP, H-Scale variable = Long. Bar closes DOWN, H-Scale variable = Short. Just know that when I'm talking about a Bar's [b]Scaling that I am talking about the Magnitude AND the Direction of its Close - Open. The variable's math is simple: H-Scale = Close - Open. It will either be positive or negative.

b) Use TCD and "Trend" indicator to locate basic oversold and overbought levels. But, here's an important thing to note about using the TCD this way. Check to see the condition of the Subordinate TCD leading into the Overbought or Oversold set-up. Check to see that the Subordinate TCD is gaining strength from some point X Bars ago from the Oversold or Overbought indicator.

It is NOT ENOUGH to merely have an Oversold or Overbought condition, using just the TCDs exclusively. This gets into some of the more advanced indicators that I have in my system, as TCDs alone are not enough to trade at extremely high rates of accuracy. However, they do significantly improve trading results ONCE they are fully understood.

Ok, so you can add two (2) new concepts to the vocabulary that go hand-in-hand with the others:

LocBind (System Variable)
H-Scale (Magnitude & Directional Variable)

TCD-Long (Directional Trajectory Indicator)
TCD-Short (Directional Trajectory Indicator)
Omega (Magnitude Indicator)

In my system, there are four (4) key principles of Trading:

Timing
Direction
Magnitude
Probability

I cannot trade without understanding or being able to account for each of these four principles prior to entering the position. Trading without TDMP for me, is like walking into a dark room blindfolded, looking for a light switch that does not exist. Therefore, I need tools (Indicators, Signals, Triggers, etc.) that help me understand each of these four pillars of the trade. Miss either one of these, and I can potentially blow the deal. My goal is to trade above the 90% level to a specified target. To achieve that, I need tools - that work.

Very simple, thus far.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Tue May 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Ok, now that I've finally got this darn thing working - let me go see what I can seeeeeee.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Just FYI guys. I don't know MT4 that well. So, in order to get the .ex4 file, I always ran the compiler. I thought that is how MT4 worked. In times past when I would download an MQ4 file into the MT4 Indicators Folder, the indicator itself would not appear in the available indicators list, nor would I be able to insert the indicator into the chart - unless or until I compiled the .mq4 which apparently creates the .ex4. At that point, the indicator "appears" in the list of indicators and is available to insertion into the chart.

If there is another (faster/better) way to get the indicator into the chart without compiling and generating the executable the client uses to run the indicator within the chart window, then please let me know.

Thanks.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Tue May 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Save indi to desktop, shut down MT4, right click MT4 desktop icon, left click properties, left click find target, left click experts, left click indicators, drag and drop indie from desktop into folder, right click blank area of folder, arrange icons by name for alpha/numerical order, open MT4, open chart, insert @ top left your new indi or drag and drop new indi from navigator pane.

T

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed May 19, 2010 12:04 am

Compiling is the simplest way to go if you understand how to do it.

Every now and then you may have to delete the mqlcache.dat file to get recompile everything.

Note there is a limit to the number of indicators you can have compiled and available.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 pm

SignalBender wrote:
forexbob wrote:thanks for the insights in a little part of your system.

the concept of magnitude is that coming from posts of tradevector of about 5 years ago?

Yes, I am Tradevector. Banned from Forexfactory after posting 15 trades in a row with no loss and an average of 58 pips per trade. James16 and the "Moderator" (Merlin) decided to ban my UID and delete most (if not all) of my trade log.

at least you will not be banned here :-)

SignalBender wrote:
forexbob wrote:and although TRO always say: don't complicate things .. keep it simple i have a gut feeling he will be intriged by it and use more sparetime to build/amend indicators for this.
He's right. The Cessna 152, is a very simplistic aircraft. The F-22 Raptor, is a very complex aircraft. Yet, underneath the "design intent" resides nothing more than "an aircraft." Sure, the Raptor will blow the doors off a hardened bunker with a horizontally opposed missile shot from a vertical position high above - sure thing. But, if you get creative enough, you can cause a Cessna 152, to deliver the same horizontally opposed flight path to the bunker doors - though the Cessna would not be able to carry the same load factor as the Raptor - that's a Lift Coefficient problem (the Cessna will never be able to lift the same payload).

My point, some things look simplistic on the surface, but underneath they can be fair detailed and complex. My system is complex, but I now find that I spend most of my time trying to simplify and optimize. This means trimming the fat, leaning out and getting the system down to its most vital components. Simplification, is a derived art in trading - it is typically not something you start out with. TRO's examples are the exception to the rule. E~MC2, is highly simplistic, but its derivation is very complex. The Trade Signal should be crystal clear and simple - yet deriving the signal might take some horsepower and layers of complexity underneath.

When I can find simple and effective signals/indicators, I use them. When I can't, I typically have to invent them through some degree of layering and then (later) attempt to simplify them through optimization of the basic essentials, without losing efficacy.

maybe it just looks complicated, but when broken down its all simple.
remind of around 30 years ago when IBM'rs in a course explained and broke down the parts within their MVS operating system for mainframes.
when broken down it becomes all little simple logical parts

SignalBender wrote:
forexbob wrote:...so finally you probably will need another coder to glue things together or ...

ProTrader's PTL Builder will do the EA part for me, as long as I have a workable set of indicators in MQL. It will convert the MQL to PTL and then allow me to build EA using its Visual Advisor (at least that is my understanding). I am trading system fluent and MQL illiterate. So, I'm getting up to MQL speed one day at a time.

In any event, it will be a fairly large EA once all is said and done.

ah. PTL .. i looked and worked with pt multistation (connected to mbt thru mbt navigator) especially like that the chart screens can be detached. converted a bunch of indicators from mq4 to ptl. but did not work 100%

and although they are responsive and quick in resolving bugs i skewed away.
mainly because they stopped giving demo access and wanted me 2 buy
a license. At that time i found it not worth the money (2 many bugs)
maybe i am to principal, but not willing to spend money on their software and stay a betatester on the same time.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 pm

tmanbone wrote:Save indi to desktop, shut down MT4, right click MT4 desktop icon, left click properties, left click find target, left click experts, left click indicators, drag and drop indie from desktop into folder, right click blank area of folder, arrange icons by name for alpha/numerical order, open MT4, open chart, insert @ top left your new indi or drag and drop new indi from navigator pane.

Roger that, LOL! Now I'm officially MT4 Dizzzzzzy! :P Thanks for helping the MT4 illiterate.

Please, make your tax deductible donations payable to: The Fight Against MT4 Illiteracy Campaign, Sponsored by - Trading Systems Engineers of the World.

LOL, obviously just kidding - :D However, I do like the ruthlessly protocol driven nature of your point & click method for getting the indi to work without compiling!

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Wed May 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Must be my military background. I should have known from the intelligence of your post, that this is probably not the answer you were looking for. It's nice to know though. It's all good. Just tagging along checking out what is going on. Cheers,

T

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm

forexbob wrote:at least you will not be banned here :-)

It was an honor to be banned by vision-less Traders. We are all Traders, regardless of how vision-less we might be, so I don't hold anything against them. The number of Traders (world wide) has exploded. Much of this is owed to a Trading "product" that took more hits than the U.S.S. Arizona at Pear Harbor, Wizetrade. Talk about simplicity.

I was just starting out back then and watched that product take-off like a rocket shot to the moon. It was marketed as easy money. I bought it, thought I "learned how to use it," and proceeded to pay the first half of my Trader's Education Tuition by blowing my entire account. I then figured out WHY Wizetrade was not consistently winning, made my own version of it and began seeing some decent results trading stock options, until I learned about currencies and the relative limitations that stocks were under.

We could spend an entire year talking about WHY Wizetrade failed, but in my personal experience, the software concept was not the problem - the problem was the fact that even the makers of the software did not fully understand what they had created.

Here's a shocker: There is nothing wrong with Wizetrade - nothing at all. Shocked? Don't be. The problem was the way people were schooled on how to use it and that was the total fault of the developers and "marketers."

Anyway, I lost my money and then got banned from their Forum. Why? Because I was the first person to enter their forum and began posting Excel Charts that look exactly like Wizetrade Charts. People began asking me to show them how I did it. The truth of the matter is that it was brain dead simple to figure out what the baseline calculations were. Here is a highly modified version of the same thing I used many years ago. These are the charts I use to confirm trade decisions today - it is the same Wizetrade look & feel, without the severe negatives that comes out-of-the-box with Wizetrade.

I got banned for posting an older version of this stuff - showing people that they did not need to spend thousands of dollars and 5 days in a "Boot Camp," on charts they could produce in about 30 minutes in Excel from the comfort of their own home.

Ever since then, I became the enemy of the "Sell Me Something" crowd in the online trading world. Hated by Brokers, Software Vendors and Forums sponsored by Brokers and Software vendors around the world.

forexbob wrote:ah. PTL .. i looked and worked with pt multistation (connected to mbt thru mbt navigator) especially like that the chart screens can be detached. converted a bunch of indicators from mq4 to ptl. but did not work 100%

Yes - they do have bugs that need to be worked out. Much like MT4 was when it was first brought to market. It took years for MT4 to flush out the major problems. Some people are looking forward to MT5, while others are dreading the bug routine all over again.

forexbob wrote:...and although they are responsive and quick in resolving bugs i skewed away. mainly because they stopped giving demo access and wanted me 2 buy a license.

My understanding with Nicky at ProTrader, is that PTMS is free when you use a ProTrader Intermediary. My Intermediary is not ProTrader based, but upon request, my Intermediary will support MetaTrader - so, I've decided (long-term) to make the switch - but I am waiting for most of the bugs to be flushed.

forexbob wrote:...At that time i found it not worth the money (2 many bugs)
maybe i am to principal, but not willing to spend money on their software and stay a betatester on the same time.

Agreed. From what I understand, they are furiously working through the bug phase. I've seen many issues get resolved virtually overnight, while others linger until they can get to it. They say they are hiring Debuggers and more Developers to ramp-up faster. Multi-Intermediary access to FX, has got to be the wave of the future - it just makes all the sense in the world and the advantages to the Trader are endless.

The platform also has many pre-trade features that are truly Institutional grade functions. For example - the ability to create your own Instrument. If, I had a trade strategy (and I do) that called for me to trade both the EURUSD and Gold simultaneously, I can create a Synthetic Instrument (Index) that does exactly that - complete with a EURUSD/Gold chart and real-time aggregated accounting on screen.

This single feature (IMO) is worth making the switch, alone. Or, you can do a Copper/Platinum Instrument, or even a GBPUSD/GPBUSD Vanilla Options Instrument - if your Intermediary makes Vanilla Options in FX available to you. If not, they you can open an account with say SAXO Bank for just the Options side and say, Divisa Capital for the FX Spot side. The Instrument you create would aggregate both under a single trade-able Instrument as well as unify all the account from both Intermediaries.

There are a ton of reasons why this kind of FX platform technology should be supported by the community.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”