Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Folks,

I'm exhausted. I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off. I'll be back on Monday of next week and we can continue the conversation. I'm very interested in seeing what TRO says about the Stacked Historgram presentation of the TCDs and why thy don't always paint the Long and Short pricing activity on all Histo-Bars. (btw - is anyone else having that problem with the Stacked Histogram?)

Anyway, I'll pick this up on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend!

SignalBender

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Fri May 14, 2010 5:53 pm

SignalBender wrote:
forexjake80 wrote:hi signal bender,

welcome on board the prirate ship! Looking forward to your posts, and more background on the tcd-long and short methods.

Hello Jake,

Thank you! I actually came here from T2W after seeing what TRO was trying to show the knuckleheads who just didn't get it. Some of them still don't get it. Anyway, I'm not going to be revealing my trading system in its entirety - that would be rather impossible. Take a look:

This is a never before seen snap-shot of the upper left-hand corner of Engine Number 1, within the core of the system. There are three (3) primary signal and indicator engines like this inside the core of the system. This one integrates both Daily, Weekly and Monthly data. Each element you see, is a cell location with Excel. There is a very good reason why I am not showing much detail in this pic.

So, trying to teach this would be humanly impossible. But, more than that, I'm not selling or giving it away. What I'm doing here is looking for an MQL rock star. TRO has demonstrated some pretty tidy MQL skills and I've sat back and watched him from a distance for quite some time. Others have had the skill, but not the creativity.

Though the RAT is pretty darn good, I'm actually trying to convert my system into MQL, so I can run the code on another intermediary agnostic platform. I either have to code that myself, or find someone who wants to code it, in return for sole/proprietary usage and non-disclosure.

Outside of that, I have always made my core indicators available to the public and have written about them in various places until I was blue in the face (T2W, DailyFx, ForexFactory, Elite(NOT)Trader and others). Most of my writings have been deleted by moderators who were supported by Brokers or FCMs.

I was doing "trading forums" before there were trading forums to do, LOL. I once maintained an email list, in addition to responding to individual emails about the oldest elements of the system, back in 1998/2000. For a while, I keynoted a yahoo forum on some of the 3rd generation elements of the system, until I could no longer keep up with that.

So, I've been where TRO is right now, several years go. Thus, I'm not "back" in the same capacity that I was before. I'm really just feeling my way through to someone who can do the MQL part on parts of what I already have. In the meantime, as I said, I'm more than happy to offer some help on the concepts that I've always made public. :)

SignalBender

Whatever you choose to show us I for one would be very grateful, you can never have enough knowledge. I bet you would be a very interesting person to meet.

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Enjoy your weekend also, see you next week.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Glad you're sticking around!

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri May 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Looking and learning... Hmmmmm

H1 / H4 / D1
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri May 14, 2010 7:25 pm

SignalBender wrote:Folks,

I'm exhausted. I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off. I'll be back on Monday of next week and we can continue the conversation. I'm very interested in seeing what TRO says about the Stacked Historgram presentation of the TCDs and why thy don't always paint the Long and Short pricing activity on all Histo-Bars. (btw - is anyone else having that problem with the Stacked Histogram?)

Anyway, I'll pick this up on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend!

SignalBender

I explained that it is because one will sometimes one paints over the other... it is not really stacking them.

I can write code to stack them but I think my histogram version shows what you want to see.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm

i was playing with the code a little today... made it draw buy/sell zones when (high-prevlow)+(prevhigh-low) was bigger than the last x pairs. didnt get anywhere with this, though.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

noushina

Postby noushina » Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Is this what you guys were trying to do with the histogram.

I added 10 each way, because otherwise sometimes the green histogram still is negative for those times when current High and previous low is negative due I guess to sunday gap. {edit: even adding and subtracting 10 to the blue and red does not resolved the sunday gap issue - especially with these huge gaps we have had recently. Could do absolute value of the difference -- or make up a invisible gap candle with only an open and a close, with the hi and low matching either the open or close depending on the direction of the candle}
Last edited by noushina on Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roger_over

Postby roger_over » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Signalblender,Thanks for sticking around and sharing your knowledge here , this is a great place with a great bunch of like minded traders , with a few of them ,not to mention any names of course :wink: like TRO,MO, Dragon33, to name just a few that are willing to lead folks like myself into being a successful trader and have given so much already. It looks like Avery and the pirates are really having a good time with this knowledge you have laid out for us. as well as the sounds of all those high performance motors screaming!!. Have a great w/end all!!
Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.
E. B. White

bredin

Postby bredin » Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 pm

SignalBender wrote:TRO,

Last five (5) bars here all have some Short side activity, but the Histogram does not show it. I know this Histo is Stacked and yours is Distributed across the zero line. Did I miss something on the revision from Lined to Stacked?

Let me just restate that I'd like to study both (all above zero and both straddling zero), if there is a way to present them correctly.

SignalBender

The issue with MT4 is simply that is IS showing the red histogram, but it is drawing it FIRST, then painting the green histogram over the top. If the grren bars are bigger than the red ones then the red will be hidden from view.
This is a limitation of MT4, and there is no way to ensure that both get displayed on a positive chart.

edit: i take it back, I thought of a way, but its a bit of a kludge: use a third buffer which only has non-zero values if red<green....

you could display one or the other as the negative value (x = 0-x). which would come out more like TRO's histo.

edit: lots of guys have suggested this, so I'll go back to shutting up

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”