Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:17 pm

TY Avery for the explanation

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

This "vacation" is a pirate gathering so trading, coding, etc... are part of the plan.

The TRO_SignalBender indicator (histogram version) attached. You can't just switch from line to histogram because.. the values will plot on top of each other thus one may hide the other. So I use H - PL and L - PH.

The other indicators will become part of the 2010 donational package once completed.
8) 8)
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 pm

IN-XS wrote:Interesting SignalBender,

You seem to be a very advanced trader, so I was wondering what points you would be looking for when viewing this indicator? As you are be able to extract more information from it than I can.

Welcome to Kreslik by the way, it is good to have you on board and I will look forward to your future posts.

In Excess,

Thanks! However, after taking some time to review the output of the code the TRO posted and observing the way MT4 paints this particular indicator, it would appear that either the interpretation and thus rendering of the indicator is missing something, or the way I described the indicator was somehow incorrect. Either way, something is incorrect with the way the MT4 is displaying the TCD Indicators.

Here's the problem:

Take a close look at the last four (4) M5 bars. None of them show the TCD-Short, or what should be the Previous High - Current Low. The only activity showing in those four (4) bars is the TCD-Long data, or the Current High - Previous Low.

Now as far as getting the Histogram to reveal activity below the zero line, you could change the TCD-Short from Previous High - Current Low, to [/b]Current Low - Previous High.[/b] That should always produce a negative value which should show-up below the zero line, as long as the market does not present a gap. In fact, using the positive side of the Histogram ONLY, will immediately show the Gap between the previous Close and the current Open, when and if it occurs. And, of course, in most time-frames, "The Gap Always Get Filled" axiom typically applies.

As I type, I can see that this tendency to not show either the TCD-Long activity or the TCD-Short activity in the Histogram, is intermittent. Sometimes it display both, while at other times it displays only one.

As I examine this further (looking at a USDJPY M1 Chart), I can now see that when the indicator shows ONLY one TCD, it always seem to only show the TCD-Long data, while omitting the TCD-Short. It never ONLY shows just the TCD-Short, where there was actual TCD-Long data to be displayed. (there are some bars where there is actually no difference between the Current High and the Previous Low. In other words, there are some bars where the TCD-Long has a value of absolute zero. In those cases, the Histogram only a solid Red TCD-Short Histo.

So, before I start blowing through "examples" of what to look for, maybe TRO (when he returns from Monaco) can shed some light (or, another MQL coder) on why this is apparently happening. The original line graph seems to work fine, but the Histogram seems to be omitting data from painted Histo-Bars.

SignalBender
Last edited by SignalBender on Fri May 14, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:41 pm

total bar size would be:

(High[i+1]-Low[i]) + (High[i]-Low[i+1])
Last edited by forexjake80 on Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Fri May 14, 2010 3:48 pm

SignalBender,

Thank you for the reply. I understand what are saying, but that is beyond my help. I am sure Tro will figure it out for you, although he is away, he said they will be trading and coding, so I am sure he can sort it for you. If not, like Tro said, there are lots of talented coders in here, Blubbb and Bredin, just to name a few.

Cant wait to hear more of your interesting idea's.

oldmangeezer

Histogram Download

Postby oldmangeezer » Fri May 14, 2010 4:04 pm

TradeSignal,

Did you download TRO's histogram download from page 4?

http://kreslik.com/forums/download.php? ... 972c955a67

The Histogram calculations take the Previous High - Current Low (above zero level) and Current High - Previous Low (below zero level)
Last edited by oldmangeezer on Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 4:11 pm

TRO,

Ah, yes! You found an old Tactical Panel that I used to use for my Apex trades. I have not done an Apex trade in ages, nor have I looked at that particular panel in quite some time - so thanks for the memories.

Since this is a "working vacation" - do you have any ideas about this? See my last post on the what the problem seems to be:

Last five (5) bars here all have some Short side activity, but the Histogram does not show it. I know this Histo is Stacked and yours is Distributed across the zero line. Did I miss something on the revision from Lined to Stacked?

Let me just restate that I'd like to study both (all above zero and both straddling zero), if there is a way to present them correctly.

SignalBender

SignalBender

Re: Histogram Download

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 4:40 pm

oldmangeezer wrote:TradeSignal,

Did you download TRO's histogram download from page 4?

Did not see it - thanks!

SignalBender

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:44 pm

signal bender, may I suggst using tinypic.com to upload your pictures?
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

forexjake80 wrote:hi signal bender,

welcome on board the prirate ship! Looking forward to your posts, and more background on the tcd-long and short methods.

Hello Jake,

Thank you! I actually came here from T2W after seeing what TRO was trying to show the knuckleheads who just didn't get it. Some of them still don't get it. Anyway, I'm not going to be revealing my trading system in its entirety - that would be rather impossible. Take a look:

This is a never before seen snap-shot of the upper left-hand corner of Engine Number 1, within the core of the system. There are three (3) primary signal and indicator engines like this inside the core of the system. This one integrates both Daily, Weekly and Monthly data. Each element you see, is a cell location with Excel. There is a very good reason why I am not showing much detail in this pic.

So, trying to teach this would be humanly impossible. But, more than that, I'm not selling or giving it away. What I'm doing here is looking for an MQL rock star. TRO has demonstrated some pretty tidy MQL skills and I've sat back and watched him from a distance for quite some time. Others have had the skill, but not the creativity.

Though the RAT is pretty darn good, I'm actually trying to convert my system into MQL, so I can run the code on another intermediary agnostic platform. I either have to code that myself, or find someone who wants to code it, in return for sole/proprietary usage and non-disclosure.

Outside of that, I have always made my core indicators available to the public and have written about them in various places until I was blue in the face (T2W, DailyFx, ForexFactory, Elite(NOT)Trader and others). Most of my writings have been deleted by moderators who were supported by Brokers or FCMs.

I was doing "trading forums" before there were trading forums to do, LOL. I once maintained an email list, in addition to responding to individual emails about the oldest elements of the system, back in 1998/2000. For a while, I keynoted a yahoo forum on some of the 3rd generation elements of the system, until I could no longer keep up with that.

So, I've been where TRO is right now, several years go. Thus, I'm not "back" in the same capacity that I was before. I'm really just feeling my way through to someone who can do the MQL part on parts of what I already have. In the meantime, as I said, I'm more than happy to offer some help on the concepts that I've always made public. :)

SignalBender

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 pm

forexjake80 wrote:signal bender, may I suggst using tinypic.com to upload your pictures?

Been using photobucket for a while now. I think it might be the image editor that I'm using, Microsoft Digital Image. It works a lot better than Paint, which is what I used to use.

I'm using a muted Green and muted Red, so if you are referring to a color quality issue, then that might explain it. If you are referring to a pixel issue, then that could be Digital Image. How would tinypic solve that problem?

Photobucket has all the image enhancement stuff as well, but I never take the time to use that stuff as it slows me down. I'm using .png file format, so may I'll try .jpg or .bmp, to see if there is any difference.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”