Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 am

OK.

From what I understand you're also just using the cross of the SB for entry - you're not looking at price bars to close etc?

Also what this is looking at is price movement over a certain time period so to stay in a trade i.e. more of a day trade/swing trade, rather than scalping it would be better to wait for a cross area on 4HR (say), time on the 15 minute and hold based on the 1HR+?

I'm interested in this (as I am in anything new to me) but trying to see how it would fit into what I already do: I'm trying to see for myself how to fit this into multi timeframe analysis, looking at momo, supply and demand etc and using the SB to help with better entry timing.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu May 19, 2011 8:08 am

newscalper wrote:OK.

From what I understand you're also just using the cross of the SB for entry - you're not looking at price bars to close etc?

Also what this is looking at is price movement over a certain time period so to stay in a trade i.e. more of a day trade/swing trade, rather than scalping it would be better to wait for a cross area on 4HR (say), time on the 15 minute and hold based on the 1HR+?

I usually do not wait for the current bar to close. I might wait for it to close for M15 thou.

I tried applying SB on higher timeframes. The cross concept doesn't work as well on higher timeframes due to its inhernited formula (previous high-current low VS previous low-current high). What it does work well somehow on high timeframes is to assist me in plotting wave movements of price.

I might understand where you want to go. You want to identify the current 'trend' or swing at H4, then wait for its correction to end at H1, then enter using SB at M15. I tried that; didn't work out so well yet. Maybe you can do better than I do?

Meaning, I have not solved fully on how to use SB to identify 'trends' or swings ... but did find it very useful to identify tops and bottom / reversals / timeframe extremes. Thats why I found it fitting with rat trading almost perfectly. Identifying extreme reversals VS identifying normal trend/swing corrections are 2 different things.

newscalper wrote:I'm interested in this (as I am in anything new to me) but trying to see how it would fit into what I already do: I'm trying to see for myself how to fit this into multi timeframe analysis, looking at momo, supply and demand etc and using the SB to help with better entry timing.

According to my experience, it should help you for all the above if you are willing to do the research and conclude them yourself. Which I did.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu May 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks for your help, appreciate it. Something for me to look into/work on :)

Looking at it further I'm seeing something pretty interesting if used in combination with 3CC close over/close under then take the entry following that using SB. Today's ranging market on cable's fab with it. Will have to wait and see what it's like on a trending day. What I do see though is that I'd HIGHLY recommend waiting for a close on the15 minute timescale, seeing a chart afterwards and what happens in real-time is pretty misleading as the thing bobs up and down just like Stochastic does, as you'd expect.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Just noticed a typo on the graphic. It should say that just before the long entry h1 sb was still short. As sb15 was confirmed for a long sb h1 was also crossing over.
After this graphic was posted price confined up h1 staying long, then h4 turning up as well. 15 leads h1 leads h4.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:50 pm

*edited semi-obsolete post*

SB Wave Lengths Freq.mq4 = use it. This is very very important. I don't think I can live without this one! It will 'self-learn' by gathering statistics. Then you will be able to see very very obvious price action through the frequency distribution.

Current Analysis :
> Size of any determined support and resistance zone = generally 20 pips. Why?

1-Look at how clustered the M3 stats are ranging from 0 to 20 pips. Any break beyond 20 is a breakout
2-Look at H1 stats; the minimal length is almost must be 20 or more. Therefore a movement of 20 pips is very very significant.

This is why Rat Zone = 20 pips.

> Common H1 wave length (at least 50% freq) = 40pips to 60 pips.

So if price has already moved 20 pips off an extreme and you enter, generally you can expect to continue moving another 20 pips for a very safe 1:1 R:R. OR continue moving 40 pips for 1:2 R:R.

> Uncommon H1 wave lengths (20% freq) = 80 to 100 pips.

If you have a solid entry off a good extreme, say W1, you may want to let it run to 80 to 100 pips. But its always worth the shot, so long you already breakeven.
Last edited by Relativity on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for sharing Rel ;)
:smt065

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:59 pm

No probs Jal. Just having toooooooooo much fun, so might as well share it.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 pm

this looks like charts on drugs, but it is just to tempting for a friday night. gonna give it a try and report back.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Relativity, could you explain the 3 "candle load" lines? What do they need to load correctly?
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

LittleKnown

Postby LittleKnown » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Much appreciated Rel, I just gotta work out how to use it now lol 8)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”