Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Jalarupa wrote:>> Have you tried using the Continuous Candle with the other CC methods?
I quit don't understand the question... can you explain?

Never mind me, you explained everything beautifully thank you, I was curious how the Continuous Candle you devised measures up with the 3 & 9 CC's candle combination's on various time frames as well as the tests (pullback to Mighty Zone)...

But nevermind the question... it seems your template is multifaceted and I would be speculating on what does what and how...

What I am interested in is the shift from SB std and Real time... Which indi shows this? or is it a combination of signals? and what defines 'real time' cause I found the indi did lag a bit when I was using it to plot crossovers...

Read this post for Real Time :
SmokyByers wrote:I suggest adding real-time TAC. Instead of using the current high or low in the equation, you use the close. So, long RT TAC becomes Current Close - Previous Low and short becomes previous high - current close. Then compare this to the regular TAC. I do it again as a percentage. So, if you see a spike in the TAC histogram and the RT is a smaller percentage of the TAC. This tells you the you have the spike and at some point it is going to reverse, then if RT is 80% or less of TAC, then it's a good time to enter. This is equivalent to seeing a reversal indicator and then waiting for a pin bar. When you break this stuff down, it really is just 'quantitative candlesticking'.

This makes things more compex by adding more indicators, but makes it easier to define rules in the long run. This is a pretty complex system and we only have the basics. Once again, I can see why Bender gave up on trying to code this in MT4.

I hope this all makes sense.

A combination. I didn't find it laggy when plotting crossovers. The trick is to learn how to read it carefully while reading the price chart at the same time.

And see this (i am sure you are able to code this yourself) :
Attachments
mag.png
mag.png (134.8 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm

So much of nice!!! :D keen to see more!
:smt065

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:36 am

You can see.... I am tracking this guy down and replicating everything he says into MT4.....

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f33/poll ... post171903

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 pm

SignalBender wrote:ForexBob,

I don't think MQL and MT4 were designed for robust trading systems. I had an email exchange with the people from Molanis, developers of Strategy Builder and Indicator Builder for MQL. They intimated that 100 Indicators in a trading system was a "problem." Basically, saying that if I had 100 Indicators, then there was something wrong with my design. I basically, laughed to myself and thought: He really has no idea, does he!

There is this basic theory out there that says, if you have more than a few Indicators in your trading system, that all you are doing is fractional copying of a handful of Indicators. I even read one author on the subject who said that the Trader with a large number of Indicators in their system, simply does not know what he/she is doing. Again, I smiled. :)

Most of these authors have never developed a Language the describes market behavior. Most of them make their comments based on the current set of Traditional Technical Indicators that everyone uses. RSI this, or CCI that... So, when they talk about having "too many indicators," they are typically referring to traditional average based indicators. More than 95% of the Indicators in my system are non-traditional. Custom designed indicators that have nothing to do with tradition or in most cases, not even conventional thinking.

So, when you have a trading system where "100" indicators is required to produce a trade signal - then "100" can never be "too many." Thus, these authors completely miss the point entirely, because the nature and structure of the system is what dictates the measure of "too much." Not the absolute value of the number of indicators used in any one particular system.

MT4 was never designed with Delta based trading in mind. And, to its credit, it never could have been designed that way. Among other things, this system employs a layering of indicators, all designed to measure and quantify different aspects of the market at its core. At a higher level, the system then uses the output from those layers to construct a decision support layer of signals. And, from that layer, the system then produces the final trade signal after having hashed out the "best candidate signal" suitable for the market conditions in existence at the time of execution.

This is not a simple cross over system. It is an intelligent system that learns as it ages without becoming overly restrictive, or over reactive. After learning more about MQL, it becomes clear that it is not capable of handling such a system.

However, there are still things that I'd like to do in MQL that do incorporate some of the Indicators within the system, so I hope to be able to find an MQL coder to assist with those aspects. Newschool has demonstrated some interest, so I'll move in that direction.

A system does not have to be massively complex, to be profitable. The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is not "necessary," but it is the most outstanding example of what supercar automotive engineering can accomplish to date. Not to mention, one of the fastest production supercars on the planet.

I like the Veyron, not just because of its speed and performance (that's a given). What I appreciate the most about the Veyron, is the detailed engineering that went into its design and creation. There is simply no supercar like it on the road today, from a purely engineering standpoint - and that's why I appreciate it so much. The Koenigsegg, probably the second highest performing production (street legal) supercar in the world, is my second most favorite. It does not have anywhere near the same level of elegant engineering and systems complexity as the Veyron, but I still appreciate it, because from a pure performance standpoint, it gets the job done better than anything else - other than the Veyron itself.

Veyron - complex, massively sophisticated, elegant: High Performance.
Koenigsegg - smart, straight forward design characteristics: High Performance.

I'll take one of each (thank you very much) for completely different reasons and I won't feel cheated with either of the two. They are both outstanding examples of what "performance" means - yet two entire different paths were taken to achieve that performance.

Good trading systems, are no different. Some will be like the Veyron. Some will be like the Koenigsegg. Neither will fail to make you very wealthy in the long run. ;) I simply prefer the Veyron.

Knowing SB might never return to kreslik again, I would just want to input my comment on this : It is possible to have 100+ 'indicators' on MT4 without the terminal crashing due to memory limitations. Yes MT4 is not OOP oriented, hence the reason why most ppl gave up trying. But there are a few programming tricks to get around the problem; e.g. buffer reuse + private variables. I had done so very successfully so far.

scratty

Postby scratty » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Relativity wrote:
scratty wrote:u r right i dont want to stay over the weekend. But still think it would be a great long term position...

Exited full position @1.0116

You exited perfectly. LOL! I dont dare to hold out so long; I don't trust my broker too much on fridays. Besides, I got what I want and am happy. You too =>

If I am correct, price is now slowing down and should be ending its correction based on W1/ starting reversing based on D1 around now. But we don't have too many hours left to watch....

Update : wow nice to observe this, its really reversing abit, but I don't expect too much. Maybe ATM nice for +5 T/P scalps, considering only 5 hrs of trading left.

timing was good. We both took out money so everybody is happy :-D.

Why are you trading with a broker you do not trust? I would rather not trade than trade with a non trustable broker!
Lose professionally!

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:09 pm

scratty wrote:
Relativity wrote:
scratty wrote:u r right i dont want to stay over the weekend. But still think it would be a great long term position...

You exited perfectly. LOL! I dont dare to hold out so long; I don't trust my broker too much on fridays. Besides, I got what I want and am happy. You too =>

If I am correct, price is now slowing down and should be ending its correction based on W1/ starting reversing based on D1 around now. But we don't have too many hours left to watch....

Update : wow nice to observe this, its really reversing abit, but I don't expect too much. Maybe ATM nice for +5 T/P scalps, considering only 5 hrs of trading left.

Why are you trading with a broker you do not trust? I would rather not trade than trade with a non trustable broker!

I don't know any reasonable broker that allows mini accounts as small as $25... I may change broker when I have a larger capital thou, starting from $250? Any suggestions?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:05 am

SB has returned. Hasn't he, Relativity?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:04 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:SB has returned. Hasn't he, Relativity?

I have totally no idea. He has 2 accounts, although the 2nd one has his last visit status marked as hidden. All I care about right now is working with whatever I have to succeed.

scratty

Postby scratty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:29 am

Relativity wrote:
scratty wrote:
Relativity wrote:

I don't know any reasonable broker that allows mini accounts as small as $25... I may change broker when I have a larger capital thou, starting from $250? Any suggestions?

Im trading with oanda and checking out an other promising mini-broker. I am very satisfied with oanda. They are reliable and you can trade very small positions. Excecution and spreads are good too.
Lose professionally!

pika

Postby pika » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 am

Relativity,

Oanda has set up Asia-Pac division in Singapore and you can also deposit your funds in SGD. It is also MAS regulated. Fyi it is a fixed spread broker.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”