Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 31, 2010 5:16 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Jalarupa: It looks like if you wait for a spike, then you know a reversal is on the horizon.

MightyOne.. good idea.. add the semafor indicator to the chart....Hmmm.....

Yeah... in most cases the horizon means; "wait one bar" BUT there are also cases where it is the very next bar... Hence why a red / blue cross is good confirmation...

So yeah a semafor with perhaps a WAIT (for the cross to happen) for us dummies you know :?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Okay I'll stop harassing you fine people just have one more request, maybe it will be worth coding in...

Can you add a "bar period" option in your code so that we can choose the slightly now stretched H1 'spike' price analysis over a M5 candle chart that we could mirror off our custom candle chart analysis? This could also be applied to semfor logic too...

Am I asking too much? Please tell me and I'll stop, just like a kid with a new toy... :P
:smt065

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

bredin wrote:For what you are proposing, have you considered using c++ (or something similar) for the main programmatic action and interfacing with MQL for the trading functions?
Raw information (tick data) can be passed to dlls, processed in a much faster, more dynamic, coding environment and passing back trade signals.

Do you have some experience doing this bredin? Ex: http://www.metatrader.info/node/150

PS: Jalarupa, dont get too excited yet! It's only a small indicator part of a much bigger system (wich SB will keep private for now), trying to check the crosses or putting semas is a bit overdone.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Hey newschool, yeah I see its a HUGE system.... but for what it is worth.... the indicator works... albeit slightly 'delayed'

I've managed to incorporate it nicely into my current method to give added confirmation on possible position setups as well as a formidable heads up in profit taking...

Finally figured out what to do with those squiggly's ;-)

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:36 pm

If you think about it, those squigglies can mean 2 things : breakout or SL hunting (wick). Now flip a coin?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Jalarupa:

If you will post the entry logic, I can program it into the indicator. So we would have a buy/short/wait indicator.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 pm

newschool wrote:
bredin wrote:For what you are proposing, have you considered using c++ (or something similar) for the main programmatic action and interfacing with MQL for the trading functions?
Raw information (tick data) can be passed to dlls, processed in a much faster, more dynamic, coding environment and passing back trade signals.

Do you have some experience doing this bredin? Ex: http://www.metatrader.info/node/150

personally no, Im really just a step above a "cut and paste" coder, although I have perused a couple of forums that discuss this methodology for getting better performance out of [more complex] ea's. I mentioned it since SB stated that he was an experienced coder.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Jalarupa:

If you will post the entry logic, I can program it into the indicator. So we would have a buy/short/wait indicator.

Okay here goes... for now I'm only using M5 CHARTS

BUY Histogram = Bullish Moves
SELL Histogram = Bearish Moves
Buy Squiggly = Line Close outside of Sell Histogram
Sell Squiggly = Line Close outside of Buy Histogram
Spike = Any move by Histogram at or above 10 Which stops and begins a negative trajectory (Closing on this negative trajectory in the area of opposing histogram)

IF:

Spike is in the area (10 pips) of previous DFSR dots (4 or more consecutive dots)

Then:

Probability of reversal is 50%+

When:

Probability is 50%+ (or the above is true)

Then IF:

Buy or Sell Squiggly HAS BROKEN OUT OF HISTOGRAM

Then:

Probability is 75% of a trade in the direction of histogram ending in success

IF:

Squiggly's both cross and the new dominant squiggly doesn't break though the opposing histogram we have a winner.

This happens and histograms do not engulf one another the probability of continued movement in direction of profit is 100%

When:

Histograms Closing on its negative trajectory in the area of opposing histogram

Then:

Prepare to exit trade

Apologies if it doesn't make sense... I had to rush to get it done before work... TGIF! :D

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 pm

I thought it would simpler.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

SmokyByers

Postby SmokyByers » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm

The squigglies are what Bender calls SAC, exponentially weighted moving average of the TAC lines (histogram). TRO can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

I trade using the fills of the TAC to SAC. In other words, what percent of the SAC is the TAC 'filling'? TAC divided by SAC equals fill %. This simplifies and gives only one number to track for each side (long and short).

So, Jalarupa, when you say 'the squigglies breaking out of histogram', your basically seeing an 'overfill' condition becoming an 'underfill' condition (a shift in the trajectories) which allows the opposite side to now take over, so you are right on target.

This stuff doesn't lend itself easily to MT4, which I think Bender realized this and why he left, but it can be done.

Smoke

Return to “TheRumpledOne”