Signal Bender

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 pm

No apology necessary... thanks
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

SignalBender

Re: One Heck of a Set-Up

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 am

oldmangeezer wrote:SignalBender that is one heck of a set-up.

Just a question for you and others. The MT4 server that you are retrieving the data feed, does every MT4 Platform (Broker) use the exact same data feed. Does each individual broker's MT4 platform use different different OHLC data based on that brokers buy/sell flow?

Yes, well, this is one of my beefs with the industry - a total lack of parity when it comes to transparency in pricing. But, maybe I should not complain. There are three (3) basic market in FX at the time of this post:

Pure Retail FX
Hybrid Retail/Institutional
Full Blown Institutional

To answer your question [fully] requires some digging into this tiered effect shown above. To answer the question quickly, there is a very good chance that at the Pure Retail level, the MT4 shop that Trader X uses, receives different Bid/Ask pricing than from the one that Trader Y uses. Note that I said, Bid/Ask pricing - not necessarily the underlying "data feed" itself. The so-called "data feed" is nothing more than an Algorithm, engineered on the back-end to "stream" pricing through to your platform. The "feed" comes from the liquidity partners attached or cached under the Broker's platform and are composed of Banks, PBs, MMs and other Financial Institutions, etc., sometimes even large scale Traders (depending on the platform). Many of these liquidity sources have installed Non-Disclosure Agreements by and between themselves and the Broker you trade with. I have a huge problem with this, but that's another topic.

So, yes - and no, is the correct answer. Many of the players in the Pure Retail space today, are all using the exact same PM. However, that does not necessarily mean that they are all obtaining the exact same access to the depth and breadth of that particular PM's proprietary liquidity pool. On the surface, this appears to be a harmless question with an extremely easy answer, but underneath it is not so easy and it can get fairly complicated.

Read, very carefully your Broker's Client Agreement. You might be shocked - or you just might nod your head and say to yourself: "I knew it! These guys are CYA all the way to the bank on my account!" Are you getting the same pricing that your Broker's larger players get? I don't know - most likely not, but you'd have to investigate this with your Broker AFTER reading their Client Agreement thoroughly.

If you were on Currenex, would you be getting access to the same liquidity pool as a Retail Trader? Nope. And, that is because Currenex moved to cater to the Retail side of the business as well as Institutional. You start seeing consistency in pricing when you move off of Retail and onto Institutional platforms, but even then - that is not the rule, rather the exception. You would think that everyone that trades on AutobahnFx, would be receiving the same pricing - well - not so. Not even close. It depends on your "relationship" (read: Credit Profile) associated with Deutsche Bank. What about Barclays' BARX Platform? Nope - same thing - it depends on your "relationship."

Ironically, you can get on FXall and get some of the smoothest, most transparent FX pricing available to the high-end Trader or Institutional Trader, in the business and you don't need to hire an attorney to help you through the "credit/approval" process typically associated with Bank platforms.

One ideal set-up for good, quality, deep liquidity to the real Interbank market, with as much transparency as I might need; would be having an Institutional account through the FXall platform. That way, I can intercept most all of the available depth offered to the public in FX. I will never be a Bank and therefore, will never be able to participate in the ultimate game, the pure Interbank realm - true eyes on the market.

At the Retail level, you really are stuck with Doctored price feeds with built-in algo-schemes rigged against you and Broker profit schemes that widen the spread at un-appropriate times, or trading platforms that hang - preventing you from executing during times of high volatility, etc. At the Retail level, it is all one big turkey shoot to the clowns the run the show.

That's why it is so important to trade your way out of Retail and don't look back when you do.

Hope that helps a little.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 am

tmanbone wrote:Used to be a wannabe rock and roll star. Click on my name, then my website. I studied the blues guitar quite a bit before I got hooked on trading. Cheers,

Holy Bible NIV and "Jimi." Whooooa Bro! Let me catch my breath! I'm just trying to envision "Jimi" at a Southern Baptist Convention on the heart of LA, strumming his strings for the masses! :shock:

I'm just razzzzing - I'm notorious for finding the outliers, LOL! I gotta quit while I'm on a roll. Ooops, there I go again.

East Bay. Would that be East Bay of California, or some other?

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 2:49 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
I WANT MY PRIZES!!

TRO_SignalBenderAvg attached.

Blue Monkey:

Pink Elephant:

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 am

TRO, awesome!

When I have a ton to say, I'll switch to [short hand mode]. Ask for clarification later. I might read terse at times, even rude, just ignore that and know this is only enhances my ability to focus - I'm tracking a ton of things right now.

[short hand mode] = on.

Many good ideas. Challenge to focus on just one. Excitement. Like good ole days. Just TCD basic stuff. Never wanted to be a Trapper (Scalper). Scalping looks good now. 5/35+ pips. Funny. Got super bling on the brain tonight. 20hr work days - again - love it. Good stuff.

Addition/Inclusion:

Make TCD-Ave indi like first TCD-Abs Line indi. Need to see them cross each other where TCD-Long-Ave = TCD-Short-Ave. Understand this will mean new indi window given pos/neg nature of TCD-Abs indi.

Quest/Probs please let me know and I'll rephrase.

[short hand mode] - off.

Thanks a bunch, TRO. :)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu May 20, 2010 6:24 am

I have been called rude because I am blunt...

I'll work on it later... off to Cannes
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:I have been called rude because I am blunt...

I'll work on it later... off to Cannes

Sounds good. Enjoy the South.

forexjake80

Postby forexjake80 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 pm

SignalBender wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
I WANT MY PRIZES!!

TRO_SignalBenderAvg attached.

Blue Monkey:

Pink Elephant:

you guys are like beavis & butthead... lol!! :-)
I am back btw, cought myself a cold, but brain seems to be working again. Don't stop post posting Signal Bender!!

SmokyByers

Postby SmokyByers » Thu May 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey Bender,

We've chatted on a few other boards in the past. I think you'll find a good home here as these guys on here are more advanced than traders on other forums, as a general rule. I don't post up here much (I don't really post on any forums lately), but I'll be following this thread as it develops. You and TRO working together will be classic. Good to see some of your work in the TRO style, definitely gives it a new perspective.

I'm going to circle back now and read the rest of the thread.

If you need some coding help outside of MT4, I'm fairly schooled in .NET (probably wouldn't be able to do everything you need done, but could assist.

Smoke

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey Jake,

Once you come out of that Sudafed Cloud, similar to the IchimyNose Cloud, the brain really does start to clear-up during a cold spell. :) When I get a cold, I shut it down and go to the beach. ;)

Smoke,

I'm basically on two other sites that have MQL conversion products for executing orders against an MT4 back-end, at this point. I really have lost the desire to "spread the delta gospel" anymore with people who ridicule what they don't yet understand. I typically make one visit per year to some undisclosed site and try to help the newbies get up to speed on how to think creatively about their own trading and to try to get them to think more outside the box. But, these days, the Broker sponsored communities online in the FX world, have a virtual stranglehold on such environments and getting banned for idiot things (like helping people) is all too common.

Now, I'd like to push my system into the intra-day realm for increased profitability. There's nothing wrong with my current system. I've done quite well with it over the years in its various cycles of development, but I've always wanted to do something intra-day, as long as I can maintain the same level of consistency. Same system, just used in lower time-frames.

I'm obviously not up to speed on MQL. From what I see TRO doing with the code base, he seems to have a fairly good pace on the subject. My biggest concern with attempting to convert my system through MQL, is the concept of Tools Integration. In Excel, I can integrate anything I want and to any degree that I want. I just learned, for example, that MT4 will only allow X number of compiled indicators to run inside a single instance of MT4.

Well, the system has hundreds of inputs producing many indicators which in-turn, produce many signals - which finally produce the Daily Trade Signal. How, I go about scaling all of that into MQL, is completely unknown to me right now. The more I learn about MQL, the sooner I will be able to answer that question for myself. This could turn into a full blown OOP project, but I would not want to go that route at this time.

I'm hoping, with the help of a coder like TRO, to learn that this is only a "small matter" of coding skill and know how. Good coders can write a single line of code that does what a bad coder can do with 20 lines of code. In Excel, there is no such comparative paradigm, because the development environment is so different than line-item coding.

As we explore some of my more "involved" indicators, the truth about what MQL can and cannot handle will eventually come out.

Glad you could join! :)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”