Shin Kaizen: Continuous Improvement!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:55 pm

It's not clear to me which way you are trading the sema at all as there's two ways of trading them. For both ways assume solar wind (this is the none-repainting one right and not the faulty one isn't it??) is showing long, which to me says that on the M15 price has broken a previous down move (made a higher high), the line has been broken.

So, price is pulling back. Price is making a 5 bar low so we see a sema. Now are you saying you trade THIS sema which is showing new lows, i.e. you wait for it to fix with an up bar then enter on a green rat OR are yoy saying this one fixes, you then wait for a sema to start forming (i.e.a 5 bar high) in the same direction as the solar wind indi and take the 5 bar high breakout?

Quite a difference.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 am

See what I see this morning:

BUT if you wait for the solar wind to change you get in very late indeed - that last long did not change green until it was pushing the upper sema up on the M15 - i.e. the high breaklout, it will never get you in at the z-line

Dragon lines to keep you in the trade.
Highs when it's falling, lows when it's rising

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 pm

And then follows a whole morning of bullshit and 2 lost trades in a row :lol:

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm

newscalper wrote:And then follows a whole morning of bullshit and 2 lost trades in a row :lol:

Which indi (whose) are you using for the the dragon lines? Neither my II nor my TRO version drew like yours. Of course I was on M5 but the lines were still drawn over MANY more bars than yours are.
Thanks

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Draw them in by hand. Don't like the indi, fills the screen up with clutter.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm

newscalper wrote:And then follows a whole morning of bullshit and 2 lost trades in a row :lol:

Price is moving slow in a range of the daily for two days. The only way to trade correct was marking the daily 50% and you would only have buyd ej. The difficult part of trading when price moves up and down.

For some others it is fun to do
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 pm

dragon33 wrote:

Price is moving slow in a range of the daily for two days. The only way to trade correct was marking the daily 50% and you would only have buyd ej. The difficult part of trading when price moves up and down.

For some others it is fun to do

Both trades WERE long.
Solar Wind is a POS :lol:
Trade 1

I know where I would have entered - green rat at the latest but SW did not turn green until where my line is. 15 pip stop = loss.

SW would then have had you going short (no I didn't).

Next long, again SW was way late, price then came back and closed beyond a line for another loss.
Conclusion is enough for me - use PA, not SW :D

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 pm

:D
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Shinobi-X

Postby Shinobi-X » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 am

thank you for pointing out the obvious. i appreciate that. i sincerely do.

please be fair enough to present also the profitable trades so people can have a balanced view of the potential/weakness of this trading strategy.

the reason i said that is because there are bad days and there are good days; there are terrible days and there are extremely pleasant days. this is so vivid to someone who has been trading long enough and can make money from the market regardless of what trading strategy he uses.

if you really want to be objective then you should state all the result of market situation (the good, the bad, the terrible and the pleasant days). this is so the members can really see what kreslik is all about.

i'm not trying to be rude to anyone. i'm just trying to make things balanced. do take this positively lest you think i'm writing this in rage :)

newscalper wrote:Conclusion is enough for me - use PA, not SW :)

use SW don't use SW it's your choice. please bear in mind that i'm not trying to change anyone's trading strategy. i am merely trying to open up the mind of the members (and especially new members who are still looking for profitable trading strategy and for those who are still struggling to make money from fx) and show them other possibilities.

don't use SW and use PA only? again, it's your choice. but i say use both. i did mention that i wanted the members to have a strong skill of chart reading so they can have a better view on the market and its opportunities.

let me throw another fact regarding trading... if you put 2 or 3 trading strategies in your daily trading routine you will never get a conflicting signal. some people say the opposite but it's not true. why? different trading strategy targets different market scenario. there are strategies to deal with trending market and there are strategies to deal with ranging market. and on top of that you get to choose which money management strategy that want to use along with the strategies. like i said before... collect the parts to assemble your bike and you'll get an awesome bike. currently, i used 3 strategies so i'm not missing out on most of the trade opportunities; up and down or sideways. but i still learn other things to keep my mind sharp and open to other things that can help me move further in the game.

personally speaking, i'm not afraid of losses. i had too many blown up accounts in the past. i learn how to read charts effectively all thanks to kreslik and the super traders in it, i found my edge, automate some of my trading routine, pushed everything i had to the max and here i am.

finally, i wish you lots and lots of pips throughout this year and the years beyond :)

@TRO or kreslik.
can you please upgrade the forum so it can show the 1st post on every page and add permalink to every post? these two will help the members even better.
The gap between reality and dream is called action.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am

Sorry but can't/won't show 'balance' by showing winning trades as I'm not going to wait to see how much money the thing loses to get a winning trade. I don't piss about, it's real money every time. That may seem harsh as we haven't conversed before on here but those that know me know that I call a spade a shovel :lol:

It doesn't have much more use than using a moving average so shows general drift, because AFAIK it's based on a Hull MA isn't it?

It lost twice in a row when clearly both trades should (potentially) have been wins. Clearly the thing changes late and any correlation is purely coincidence: about as much use as Stochastic.

This morning long all the way. SW coincidentally is green but reason for entering has nothing to do with it. Doji's bollys added for illustration

Return to “TheRumpledOne”