Severe Greed----I need opinions!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

stationmichal

Postby stationmichal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:09 pm

from tjmxxx
" I probably lost over a million dollars and spent thousands more on bad systems trying to learn how to trade."

I thought that you were a genius or just pure lucky. Now I know. Thanks
for being a Christian to be honest and humble.(':smt111')

from TRO
"Focus on what YOU think rather than what others think and you'll be much more successful."

Very good advise indeed.

from peter_77_peter
"Always listen to yourself. It is better to be wrong than simply to follow convention."

This advise is very difference from TRO and ... VERY DANGEROUS if it gets into a "wrong brain". If you only apply it to trading, then who care because it is your money, your life. In real life, millions of "innocent" people have been killed because of some "wrong brain" leaders. Please open your eye ... and brain to see what happenings in the world today. :smt067

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dbw451

Postby dbw451 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:07 am

tjmxxx,

Take out a sheet of paper and write down 10 things that excite you. What do you want to learn? Another language? How to fly a plane? Scuba dive? Sail a boat? Race cars or motorcycles? Dance? Play an instrument? Play in a band? What do you like to do? Travel? Experience new foods? New cultures? Sports? etc. etc.

You have a profession that allows you to work from anywhere. You're single and can produce your income in an hour or two a day. So for the things that excite you, plan ways to make them happen. If you want to learn Spanish, then put your stuff in storage and rent a villa in Spain or Argentina for 6 months. If you want to learn Italian or French, then rent a villa in Italy or France. If you want to learn scuba diving or sailing, then rent an apartment on a Caribbean or Greek Island. If you rent now, the cost of living will not be that much different. If you own a home, then rent it out.

The point is you can learn or do anything that you set as a goal and priority. From your list, figure out how you can best experience the things that excite you. If you put yourself in an enviroment different than where everything is comfortable and mundane, you'll learn all that much more. You can access the Internet from anywhere in the world to do your trading. Think big and experience your life.

BTW, a few years ago I found myself in a situation similar to yours; I would finish in 30 to 90 minutes maybe 2 or 3 days a week. I would get bored. Then I realized I could pursue anything I wanted. So one thing I did was learn to ride a motorcycle which I'll take up to the mountains to ride the twisty roads about once a week. Last week I road a dirt bike for the first time on a mountain course which was a totally different and awesome experience. Figure out what excites you and just do it!

Regards,

David
TRADE THE MARKET, NOT THE INDICATORS

http://nickajackcreektradingco.com
Support & Resistance Day Trading

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:57 pm

"Anyway, the library was boring, I would rather have been trading. Perhaps try the gym next, who knows. "

YOUR MIND MAKES IT BORING.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:11 pm

"I have been answering PM's for over an hour, which I am happy to do, but I was overwhelmed. Many traders asking about the book. I gave them the web page, that's about all I can do. "

PLEASE USE PMs FOR THINGS THAT ARE REALLY PRIVATE.

MOST PMs THAT I GET SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE PUBLIC FORUM SO ALL MAY BENEFIT.

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks for the advice Avery, obviously I need to work on mind control. If you have any book or video recommendations, please let me know. I do have the entire Anthony Robbins CD collection. I got them and then never even bothered to listen to them! Perhaps now is the time?

I would far rather make one comment here, then answer a dozen PM's, believe me. I got more PM's again this morning. Eveyone asks the same questions, about my platform, and about the e-book.

I know that 99% of your stuff is free, as you say, good traders do not need to hawk trading products. I also know that every once in a while, a vendor talks you into publishing something.

I would have just posted the e-book name right here. I just didn't know if you would be uncomfortable with that? Otherwise, I would have and still can, if it is okay.

I traded all day long yesterday. Popped off 27 trades (to many) and made a superb profit. If you look at your charts, the book method just hammered GOOG with repeated scalps. I take a minimum .30 to .50 cents on GOOG, and your book was dead on for GOOG yesterday, many trades indeed.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Yes, listen to the Anthony Robbins CDs. I first heard them in the 1980s. A friend of mine had bought them. One of my best thrift store finds was the Personal Power cassette set for $5.00!!! And only the first box had been opened.

You can post the name of ANY e-book, book, course, etc... here on Kreslik.com. This is a place of free information exchange. To me, forum police that don't let people post other sites are overreacting. Not everyone is a SPAMMER.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Looks like you had too much fun with GOOG.

You must have slaughtered it.

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:09 pm

dwb451--David, thanks so much for taking the time to give me some excellent advice, it is deeply appreciated. I am so used to living on 50k, that I continue to live that way every day. Perhaps it is time to spend some loot! I enjoy going to the Florida Keys (Islamorada) and fly flishing for Tarpon, and Bonefish. I would not mind moving there, and always wanted to when I was a kid, and my parents took me there. I intend to implement your "10 things I would like to do list", as soon as I get out of this fog I am. Thanks again for some fine ideas.

stantonmichal--I am glad there were no hard feeling after my comments. I know how to use my platform, but not much else. It is kind of pathetic actually, as I have a really nice state of the art computer system. I am sure I could do many things with it, if I knew how. The problem is---I am not sure if I even care to know. After many hours on my platform, I did finally figure out how to save my daily trade record, to my "documents" in a text file format. This way I can print it out, and review my trades, and why I took them. Most 10 year olds would know this, but it took me hours.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:18 pm

" I know how to use my platform, but not much else. It is kind of pathetic actually, as I have a really nice state of the art computer system. I am sure I could do many things with it, if I knew how. The problem is---I am not sure if I even care to know."

If you just learn ONE new thing a day, think how much further along you'll be this time next year. ;)

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks Avery, I will start with the Anthony Robbins stuff on Monday. I will be busy on Sunday watching the Philadelphia Eagles lose. GOOG was amazing, lots of easy trades. It would have been hard to screw those trades up! I used the trapline method on those trades.

In order to avoid so many PM's and repitition of replies, here are the tools I use every single day to make good money. None of these alone will make you a great trader. I am not a great trader. However, by using these tools, and staring at the screen long enough, every single day, my profits really started compounding----fast.

1) My broker is www.directaccesselite.com . This is just a personal choice. They are very cheap, very fast, and very reliable. It is simple to use, so that even I cannot screw it up, and that is saying something! It was recommened by Dr. Mel Raiman of PTS, and I have no complaints thus far.

2) I use PTS, www.precisiontradingsystem.com , for my charting. You have never seen charts like this before. I would highly recommend that you sign up for their free two stock picks each week. They are totally free, and they won't bug you, or try to sell you stuff. The picks speak for themselves. I paid my entire airfare, hotel, and PTS course, all expenses, just by trading those free picks for two weeks. I have opened a Trade Station account. I have not been able to figure it out yet, but my appointment with the tech rep is 11/1, so I am hopeful. If I like TS, and trading with candles, and their exceution, etc. I will probably close the DAE account, and just use TS. The good thing is that TS will also run PTS charts if I decide to keep using them, as will e-signal, as will DAE, my current broker. Unless you do not like candles for some reason, just learn them. With Avery's methods, I think that would be the sensible choice. I know PTS from screen time, that is the only reason I use it.

3) I highly recommend this free e-book by Avery. www.daytradeformoney.com/fade-the-gap , I continue to use this every single day to make .12-.15 cents on AAPL, or RIMM, or .50 cents on GOOG. It works on many stocks like SHLD, WYNN, and BIDU. I have even used it on AMLN. I was short AMLN one day while scalping, and was up about .30 cents. They announced that AMLN was being added to some Russell index, and the stock spiked up huge! I lost big money, really fast, before I could get out. It is never a good idea to revenge trade, but I have been pissed off at AMLN ever since then! I have gotten back most of my money on this stock by using the above method. Follow the rules exactly as Avery explains them. I have only lost good money once. AAPL was upgraded that moring and I did not know it. I was short, and AAPL spiked up fast, I took a nice loss. Now I check my stocks every moring for news, upgrades, downgrades, etc. I simply will not trade these stocks that day. Example: AAPL announced earnings (I believe it was Monday). I did not fade the gap on AAPL that day. As it was, the fade would have worked well, I just chose to avoid it. I faded RIMM, because Microsoft had just announced cell phone software that will compete with RIMM. It was the logical choice

4) Avery's buy zone metod. I use it every single day. It works and is simple to use. No explanation needed, plenty of posts here already about that.

5) www.daytradeformoney.com/averysupermethod.html , this is the "trapline" e-book by Avery. I paid for the book twice over the very next day after getting it. It is the easiest and best trading strategy I have ever personally seen. It is easier to use then any of the above methods, in my opinion. For me personally, it is more profitable also. It has become my favorite method to date. Even if you are a bonehead, it would be hard to screw this up. I only wish that I had gotten it sooner.

Any other questions, please post them here. I am not an expert, or particularly great trader. I just use simple tools that are easy for me to understand and execute. It has made a massive difference to me. Hope that helps.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”