Severe Greed----I need opinions!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

stationmichal

Postby stationmichal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 am

From tjmxxx
PS---Avery, if you read this. I have had TS for over two months now. Those idiots have yet to set up an appointment for tech support. I am trading off linear regression charts and still making your stuff work. Watch out if I ever get TS set up!

I read the above paragraph from you and wonder about your claim of making 2,000 per day. '\:D/'

You must be a "born again" master of TRO. I don't think even TRO himself can claim this. ':smt051'
You learn the methods from TRO and he only asks you to post a couple of charts and explain your trades. There are no secrets here.

There are thousand of indicators and thousand of strategies that you can use. No method will work all the time. ':idea:'

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 am

I am up late watching a movie online, and just got an e-mail of a response on this topic. Your response.

I am not bragging, quite the contrary. I believe I am over trading. I think that I am a mediocre trader at best. Just because you perhaps cannot trade, does not mean that others cannot. I have been actively trading since college in 1983. Avery's methods work for me, better than anything else I have used. I probably lost over a million dollars and spent thousands more on bad systems trying to learn how to trade.

I am not a computer geek. Let me tell you excatly what I can and cannot do on a computer.

I can write and send e-mails. I can use my platform proficiently, because I went to Atlanta for two days, and paid to learn how use it.

I can watch movies online for free. Movies that are at the theaters now, and movies that have not even been released yet. www.ovguide.com has all the pirate sites listed. I used to feel guilty about this, but you guys convinced me that we are all pirates here, now I dont feel so guilty. I am watching 3:10 to Yuma right now, when I got notification of your response.

That is the total extent of my computer knowledge. When I was a finance major at Villanoxa, there were no peronal computers. If I did not need a computer for trading, I would know even less than I do now.

I have no clue how to post charts, I cannot even cut and paste, or anything else like that. A friend asked me to send him a text message on his cell not long ago. I have no idea about how that works or how to do it.

I don't even care to learn this stuff. All I care about in computers is using my platform and executing properly. Being able to e-mail and post messages is a bonus.

I am just a simple minded person who trades off of one of the best platforms in the world, which I paid to learn how to use. I use truly simple trading signals, that a chimp could not misunderstand, with simple stops. I then execute it in disciplined manner. My problem is that I am over trading out of boredom.

I have had TS for over two months, it is like something from NASA compared to the simple charting and Level II system that I use now. It took me about 4 or 5 hours just trying to figure out how to import data into TS. I still cannot get it up and running properly. As I said, I am not a computer geek.

As for your comments of doubt; I couldn't care a less whether you believe me or not----honestly.

Hope you understand

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:21 pm

"As for your comments of doubt; I couldn't care a less whether you believe me or not----honestly. "

That is the sign of a MASTER - in trading and in life.

Focus on what YOU think rather than what others think and you'll be much more successful.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

peter_77_peter

I`m contributing a quote from the samurais

Postby peter_77_peter » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:49 pm

"Always listen to yourself. It is better to be wrong than simply to follow convention. If you are wrong, no matter, you have learned something
and you will grow stronger. If you are right, you have taken another step towards a fulfilling life."

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Thanks for your comments Avery, although I am a master of nothing really. I am a mediocre trader, maybe one day I will be great, but not now anyway. I am letting the situation with my ex get the better of me, so I am not a master of life. Maybe one day I hope.

I will tell you something funny. When I posted my original message on 10/23 at around 3:43 PM, I was bitching about TS not helping me set up the platform. I got a call from my rep that night at 6:00 pm sharp. I have a one hour consultation scheduled for 11/1 at 4:00 PM. Since my e-mail address is the exact same as my board name, is this coincidence? I think the TS people read these boards----LOL.

I can't post charts, but I am done trading. I am forcing myself into the shower and then off to the library. Then to Kinkos for a FedEx drop off.

The AAPL gap fade worked well long for .15, then the e-book method just hammered RIMM for .39, could have gotten a whole lot more. It worked on AAPL and GOOG today also, but I was watching RIMM then. Lastly between 10:33 am-10:37 am, I finished up with three quick shorts right in the sell zone 184.77 on AAPL for .10 cents each. The stuff works, and I am forcing myself away now.

Lastly, thanks for your comments Peter. I have made more than my share of mistakes, and paid the price for it.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm

"I am letting the situation with my ex get the better of me, so I am not a master of life."

You are correct. YOU ARE DOING THIS.

Ever see THE MATRIX?

"YOUR MIND MAKES IT REAL"

As soon as you think about it differently, you'll feel different. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!

peter_77_peter

some more quotas that just came into my mind reading allthis

Postby peter_77_peter » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 pm

as yoda reminds luke: your perception determines your reality......or, put in a different way: you get to see things the way you are looking at them....that is, theres one thing that you can always change, and that is your inner perspective on things......that is quite a lot, though the dalai lama says, that it is ourselves who produce our suffering/disguise, though this is rooted in the way we are thinking about it, in shortsighted interests or limited conceivability, in Greed or Emotions......put it this way suffering from something got an inherent key that helps you getting done/through/overcome with it, because in times of agony you get exact/deep insights that help you identify what makes you feel distressed, though what seems bad luck always comes together with a possibility of transforming things into a change for the better leading you to a state of increased happyness..........and from that point of view, I´d like to quote again the wisdom of the samurais, they say:

It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain to that which you have seen and heard the masters attain. When meeting difficult situations, one should dash forward bravely and with joy. It is the crossing of a single barrier and is like the saying "the more water, the higher the boat."
Last edited by peter_77_peter on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 pm

tjmxxx:

DO NOT LOOK AT THE AAPL CHART!!

You don't want to see all the easy pickens buy zone trades you missed today...LOL!

Lynx

Postby Lynx » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:15 pm

Thats evil Avery LOL. He will stick to the computer all day tomorrow LOL.

scalperT

Postby scalperT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:07 pm

Good advice Avery just hard to implement, or so it seems. Maybe I need to re-watch the Matrix tonight. I can get it free online.

You guys are killing me. I stayed at the library untill 4:00 PM, it wasn't easy. I must have gotten on the computer five times to check quotes!

I came back checked the charts, and saw all the trades I missed! The book method really would have hammered AAPL and GOOG especially well.

I have been answering PM's for over an hour, which I am happy to do, but I was overwhelmed. Many traders asking about the book. I gave them the web page, that's about all I can do.

Anyway, the library was boring, I would rather have been trading. Perhaps try the gym next, who knows.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”