Scalping: 3LZZ DSR

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jhx

Re: Scalping: 3LZZ DSR

Postby Jhx » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:52 pm

I started doing these 50% retracement on larger than average candles because I'm seeing that the rat entry gets me in really late (unless the candle preceding the entry candle didn't already run). The only solution I can think of is just taking the break of the candle at the top/bottom of the pullback. But not always. I guess it depends. Maybe if the pullback looks a certain way, like the 'top' or 'bottom' candle having a decent wick?

The short one could've been good. The long one had it gone to the top and entered would not.

GU_07072022_3.png
GU_07072022_3.png (175.73 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:19 pm

Jhx wrote:I started doing these 50% retracement on larger than average candles because I'm seeing that the rat entry gets me in really late (unless the candle preceding the entry candle didn't already run). The only solution I can think of is just taking the break of the candle at the top/bottom of the pullback. But not always. I guess it depends. Maybe if the pullback looks a certain way, like the 'top' or 'bottom' candle having a decent wick?

The short one could've been good. The long one had it gone to the top and entered would not.

GU_07072022_3.png

2 trades shown with only red arrows -6 and -8

The other trades shown are 16 pips, 15 pips, and 15 pips.

net 27 pips or 4R however you keep score
Attachments
GBPUSDM5070722.png
GBPUSDM5070722.png (54.92 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:47 am

aliassmith wrote:
Jhx wrote:I started doing these 50% retracement on larger than average candles because I'm seeing that the rat entry gets me in really late (unless the candle preceding the entry candle didn't already run). The only solution I can think of is just taking the break of the candle at the top/bottom of the pullback. But not always. I guess it depends. Maybe if the pullback looks a certain way, like the 'top' or 'bottom' candle having a decent wick?

GU_07072022_3.png

2 trades shown with only red arrows -6 and -8

The other trades shown are 16 pips, 15 pips, and 15 pips.

net 27 pips or 4R however you keep score

You're right. I wouldn't have thought of taking some of those. I don't always get the opportunity to see price clearly slow down / stop when finishing the pullback; maybe I could try taking those types of entries if the candle seems strong enough to jump in. We'll see how today goes.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:50 am

This is before my trading session but I took some time to see what was up and possible entries.

So when the price started dropping, I think there were some small zlines in the drop by those larger candles, but none would've triggered an entry at those levels. I don't know if there's another way to enter in that movement other than a break of those lows. Maybe on the second magenta line after that pinbar (just taking that break, or the break of the pinbar's low)?

#1, #2, #3 and #4 kind of share the same logic of waiting for a pullback and entering at the break of the low. Only #2 would've worked I think. SMA was steep by that time also.

Then the SMA started reversing and after a few candles it started getting some steepness. #5 looks better in hindsight but the SMA was a bit flatter at that time; still would've been probably the best one.

#6 was in limbo for a while, but eventually got to at least 1R.

I know the trades are there and there was a good run in both directions, but I think I'm looking at the wrong ones.

GU_07082022_0.png
GU_07082022_0.png (187.81 KiB) Viewed 1507 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Jhx wrote:This is before my trading session but I took some time to see what was up and possible entries.

So when the price started dropping, I think there were some small zlines in the drop by those larger candles, but none would've triggered an entry at those levels. I don't know if there's another way to enter in that movement other than a break of those lows. Maybe on the second magenta line after that pinbar (just taking that break, or the break of the pinbar's low)?

#1, #2, #3 and #4 kind of share the same logic of waiting for a pullback and entering at the break of the low. Only #2 would've worked I think. SMA was steep by that time also.

Then the SMA started reversing and after a few candles it started getting some steepness. #5 looks better in hindsight but the SMA was a bit flatter at that time; still would've been probably the best one.

#6 was in limbo for a while, but eventually got to at least 1R.

I know the trades are there and there was a good run in both directions, but I think I'm looking at the wrong ones.

GU_07082022_0.png

Depends on your triggers and when you trade. I you follow Don_xyz he would have an anchor trade when Frankfurt opened and made 60% + . Then maybe another setup long "to clean the table" for another 60%+.

I saw a few entries I would have took.

If you are using zlines then there will be enough entries over time to make good money. There will be less sometimes and more others.

Your 1R ended up better. At 14:45 and 15:05 there were entries for 2R or 15 pips
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:17 pm

Back to it, a lot to unpack.

It's getting messy to write everything I want on the chart so I hope it still reads well.

A few missed trades, a few 'off' entries, and new questions :lol:

I think I need to trust some zlines more. #4 and #5 should've let them get to 1.

#6 I don't know if it was a valid entry though, not sure if that was a true zline or not (I can think of it like that if I think of the move as the 2 momentum candles maybe). So not sure if it was a zline and just didn't work or not.

As another observation, I plotted another zline, or what I think it is. That move broke the SR dots and price came back almost exactly to it. Didn't take that one either.

---

Exits on #6 and #7 to reduce the size of the loss I think were ok but maybe I'm wrong.

---

:?: Question regarding the HH,HH,LH entry: Is the entry done at the break of the LH candle's low in the "next" candle (like trade #1), or in the same candle (like trade #3)?

Also just realized there is no trade #2, so there were a total of 6, not 7 trades that I took.

All in all a total of 1.1R ish; could've been much more.

GU_07112022_1.png
GU_07112022_1.png (247.19 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Jhx wrote:Back to it, a lot to unpack.

It's getting messy to write everything I want on the chart so I hope it still reads well.

I think I need to trust some zlines more. #4 and #5 should've let them get to 1.

#6 I don't know if it was a valid entry though, not sure if that was a true zline or not (I can think of it like that if I think of the move as the 2 momentum candles maybe). So not sure if it was a zline and just didn't work or not.

As another observation, I plotted another zline, or what I think it is. That move broke the SR dots and price came back almost exactly to it. Didn't take that one either.

---

Exits on #6 and #7 to reduce the size of the loss I think were ok but maybe I'm wrong.

---

:?: Question regarding the HH,HH,LH entry: Is the entry done at the break of the LH candle's low in the "next" candle (like trade #1), or in the same candle (like trade #3)?

Also just realized there is no trade #2, so there were a total of 6, not 7 trades that I took.

GU_07112022_1.png

Hi!Good for you. 1.1R!
Congrats...
If you have that every day you have a 20% account gain per month!

I don't really see a HH, HH, LH trade. Those are reversal trades.
And if trade No1 is such a setup, it's not possible for trade 3 to be one again because we are still going down.

Trade 1 and 3 were continuation trades. Ask yourself....what would you like to see before you believe price is resuming it's trend?
I try to write it down in my log and hope to be able to tell what works best for me when I have enough history.

Do you still use the dots? And if so...how?

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:17 am

Yirbu wrote:
Jhx wrote:Back to it, a lot to unpack.

---

---

GU_07112022_1.png

Hi!Good for you. 1.1R!
Congrats...
If you have that every day you have a 20% account gain per month!

I don't really see a HH, HH, LH trade. Those are reversal trades.
And if trade No1 is such a setup, it's not possible for trade 3 to be one again because we are still going down.

Trade 1 and 3 were continuation trades. Ask yourself....what would you like to see before you believe price is resuming it's trend?
I try to write it down in my log and hope to be able to tell what works best for me when I have enough history.

Do you still use the dots? And if so...how?

"I don't really see a HH, HH, LH trade. Those are reversal trades."

My understanding of this was that it was on a candle-by-candle basis. In order for me to say that the pullback is over I need to see that price went up (HH, HH) and failed to go up (LH), so I take the break of the low of the candle that failed to go up. That's the short entry here:

GU_HHHHLH_1.png
GU_HHHHLH_1.png (168.35 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

We are, but I see a pullback there as well. I guess it all depends where you measure it from.

Trade 1 and 3 were continuation trades.

Wait, maybe I have the names wrong. I see the candles (candle by candle) making a higher high, higher high, and lower high. Isn't that a HH,HH,LH entry for a continuation trade? (ie: entering after the pullback ends?) If not, how would the entry method be on those smaller pullbacks or how are they called?

Ask yourself....what would you like to see before you believe price is resuming it's trend?

Price failing to "push the price" in the opposite direction. For example if I'm going short and I see price making the smaller swings highs (relative from the newest lows I'm looking at), and at one point failing to keep moving up (not longer making new highs at the current swing).

---

My definitions might be scrambled all around (either due to a language barrier or lack of knowledge). In any case if there's something that I'm not calling properly let me know :lol:

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:52 am

Jhx wrote:
My understanding of this was that it was on a candle-by-candle basis. In order for me to say that the pullback is over I need to see that price went up (HH, HH) and failed to go up (LH), so I take the break of the low of the candle that failed to go up. That's the short entry here:

GU_HHHHLH_1.png

We are, but I see a pullback there as well. I guess it all depends where you measure it from.

Trade 1 and 3 were continuation trades.

Wait, maybe I have the names wrong. I see the candles (candle by candle) making a higher high, higher high, and lower high. Isn't that a HH,HH,LH entry for a continuation trade? (ie: entering after the pullback ends?) If not, how would the entry method be on those smaller pullbacks or how are they called?

Ask yourself....what would you like to see before you believe price is resuming it's trend?

Price failing to "push the price" in the opposite direction. For example if I'm going short and I see price making the smaller swings highs (relative from the newest lows I'm looking at), and at one point failing to keep moving up (not longer making new highs at the current swing).

---

My definitions might be scrambled all around (either due to a language barrier or lack of knowledge). In any case if there's something that I'm not calling properly let me know :lol:

Oooo....interesting....you are looking at it on a candle by candle bias....
I need to let that sink in.
But if it's a three candle setup you would wait for the third candle to close not so?
I don't know.

Maybe Alias can give us some clarification on this.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:07 pm

Well today was messy, but still gotta post these.

First trade SMA was flat, yes. But there was a strong move down and all those wicks were pointing up so I saw price not going up. Waited for a candle to close below and used that low as an entry. -1R

Second trade SMA was pointing up and saw a candle close over the high. The candle was a bit larger than the previous so I tried to go long near that line (price missed it by half a pip so I entered manually but I entered late). So I targetted less, which was about +0.6R.

Third one SMA still pointing up, strong green candle, next one made a higher high, entered at the line, instantly reversed and SL. -1R

Fourth one I see price actually pull back (with a strong red bar, yes), and SMA was still up a nice amount. So I waited for price to give me a wick or a candle to enter. Waited for the next one (wick pointing down, candle closing green), and entered at the break of the high. Then hit SL and price started ranging again.

By that time it was the end of my session for the day so that's that. Total -2.4R.

The only one I consider to be really iffy is the first one because of the flat SMA, but price still looked more down than up to me, but oh well.

GU_07122022_1.png
GU_07122022_1.png (161.4 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”