Rise of the Silent Ones

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: Rise of the Silent Ones

Postby Leoheart » Tue May 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Dillinger wrote:
IgazI wrote:Today I was reading about 'time travel entries' and the gist of it is that you don't trade the trigger itself, you trade the movement of stops; hence the name 'time travel entries': you 'move your stop', price moves away from it by an acceptable distance, and you enter a trade.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether you make the bulk of your money shortly after the entry or after the movement of your stop (to BE, etc)

Man I wish I had the patience and mental strength to trade larger charts. With your ideas of HTF stop placement mixed with eliminating your risk via small time frames and then trailing your HTF stop by adding to your position based off the HTF charts a person could make an absolute killing.

So for argument sake, let’s say you were patience enough. How would you do this? Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 21, 2019 6:19 pm

aliassmith wrote:
IgazI wrote:Today I was reading about 'time travel entries' and the gist of it is that you don't trade the trigger itself, you trade the movement of stops; hence the name 'time travel entries': you 'move your stop', price moves away from it by an acceptable distance, and you enter a trade.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether you make the bulk of your money shortly after the entry or after the movement of your stop (to BE, etc)

This was one of MO's biggest things he talked about. When you enter a trade based on your acceptable risk then after price moves in your favor X amount you move your stop loss to BE or BE +1 etc. When you do that price whips back and hits your stop loss. I think he said something like "take your profit or take your loss but don't move your stop loss."

It goes along with the thinking......man whenever I put on a trade it stops me out and then it goes where I expected...

This is how I viewed the 'zero line" ... get in where the stop losses are protecting their entries. Those orders will push the market.

I'm with you on this. I never move my stops any more (if I even have them), instead either taking my dosh or adding in. This is following the concept of (to paraphrase MO) if you're not willing to add into your open trade, then you may as well close it.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue May 21, 2019 7:15 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

This was one of MO's biggest things he talked about. When you enter a trade based on your acceptable risk then after price moves in your favor X amount you move your stop loss to BE or BE +1 etc. When you do that price whips back and hits your stop loss. I think he said something like "take your profit or take your loss but don't move your stop loss."

It goes along with the thinking......man whenever I put on a trade it stops me out and then it goes where I expected...

This is how I viewed the 'zero line" ... get in where the stop losses are protecting their entries. Those orders will push the market.

I'm with you on this. I never move my stops any more (if I even have them), instead either taking my dosh or adding in. This is following the concept of (to paraphrase MO) if you're not willing to add into your open trade, then you may as well close it.

Interesting coming from you Lem. I like it. When you refer to adding in, how are you doing this? As for me I hate adding in at a worst price, so I will only add in if price is below my entry and I still believe it’ll go in my favor.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Interesting coming from you Lem. I like it. When you refer to adding in, how are you doing this? As for me I hate adding in at a worst price, so I will only add in if price is below my entry and I still believe it’ll go in my favor.

No, I don't (personally) class that as adding in (...so I will only add in if price is below my entry...) I will be in a move that is running in profit. There will be a pull back - say a new candle Wick-Zone / 50% retrace etc - or a new, potential stand alone trigger, whatever, you get the idea - and so I will open that new trade on top of the original one.

It's all, in effect, taking advantage of momentum.

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

No, I don't (personally) class that as adding in (...so I will only add in if price is below my entry...) I will be in a move that is running in profit. There will be a pull back - say a new candle Wick-Zone / 50% retrace etc - or a new, potential stand alone trigger, whatever, you get the idea - and so I will open that new trade on top of the original one.

Thanks LeM!

I often find that adding in kills my (floating) profits when it closes fast back to me, so it’s because of size maybe. :-k
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Leoheart wrote:
So for argument sake, let’s say you were patience enough. How would you do this? Thanks.

1. your stop is WHERE you would move it (BE+1?)
2. your entry is WHEN you would move it (BE+10?)

Your initial entry causes a stop to be placed

additional entries cause the stop to be moved

that is all there is to it.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

Thanks LeM!

I often find that adding in kills my (floating) profits when it closes fast back to me, so it’s because of size maybe.
:-k

Yes, you can stagger size, I certainly have done so. However, by treating each new entry / add-in as in effect a separate trade, then I should only ever really have the last one on active duty. I never give back the profits of the earlier moves.

If a retrace move is anticipated to be large enough, I will also look at taking a trade in the opposite direction which will be closed out as soon as it looks to be stalling and returning back to the original direction (and then of course becoming the trigger on the next entry).

This protects against any flash move v the original trade(s), as if it doesn't look to be stalling, then it doesn't get closed.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 am

IgazI wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

1. your stop is WHERE you would move it (BE+1?)
2. your entry is WHEN you would move it (BE+10?)

Your initial entry causes a stop to be placed

additional entries cause the stop to be moved

that is all there is to it.

I friend once told to me not to read old post, so I have stopped doing so. I am somewhat familiar time traveler(space) entries. I do get what you are saying but for some reason, its hard to see it visually. Can you please break it down with charts?

For sake of discussion, lets say I am only trading D1 charts with monthly overlay. Who doesn't like the extremes? How do you enter + manage your trade from one extreme to the other with time? We can use a typical 10 lot entry.

baddog4x

Postby baddog4x » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 pm

Leoheart wrote:Share your ideas not your exact entry points, these are yours to keep. Ideas are what new or struggling traders really need.

many traders are competent programmers, but they do not possess a creative intelligence.

a creative intelligence is what is required to formulate new ideas, and so they are stuck using the basic indicators and moving averages.

:idea:

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:26 pm

baddog4x wrote:
Leoheart wrote:Share your ideas not your exact entry points, these are yours to keep. Ideas are what new or struggling traders really need.

many traders are competent programmers, but they do not possess a creative intelligence.

a creative intelligence is what is required to formulate new ideas, and so they are stuck using the basic indicators and moving averages.

:idea:

I agree with the 2nd bit. It takes a mature mind to realize that price will break out of previous H/L or it won’t.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”