Rise of the Silent Ones

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

dchappy

Re: Rise of the Silent Ones

Postby dchappy » Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 am

I started trading bonds in 95 ..but it took 10 yrs before I became consistent , and several more yrs . Before I could make a living at it . I took a lot of courses , Williams ( both Larry and Bill ) Ken Roberts ,John Clayburg ,Woodies ,John Carter and others .Also read a lot of trading books .It has been a long journey ,painful at times ....but well worth it now . Trading is something that is so simple to learn but extremely difficult to practice .....The best advice I can give anyone is start slow ,start small , and never give up .....

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun May 12, 2019 1:42 am

I am humble, All Love Brutal Truth:

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!”–Audrey Hepburn

I have another for you:

“Opportunity is nowhere” -
Bill Williams

Do you see it?

Safe weekend dear ones, Leo out.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 am

dchappy wrote:I started trading bonds in 95 ..but it took 10 yrs before I became consistent , and several more yrs . Before I could make a living at it . I took a lot of courses , Williams ( both Larry and Bill ) Ken Roberts ,John Clayburg ,Woodies ,John Carter and others .Also read a lot of trading books .It has been a long journey ,painful at times ....but well worth it now . Trading is something that is so simple to learn but extremely difficult to practice .....The best advice I can give anyone is start slow ,start small , and never give up .....

3 thumbs Up, Dc. Thanks for sharing.

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm

dchappy wrote:I started trading bonds in 95 ..but it took 10 yrs before I became consistent , and several more yrs . Before I could make a living at it . I took a lot of courses , Williams ( both Larry and Bill ) Ken Roberts ,John Clayburg ,Woodies ,John Carter and others .Also read a lot of trading books .It has been a long journey ,painful at times ....but well worth it now . Trading is something that is so simple to learn but extremely difficult to practice .....The best advice I can give anyone is start slow ,start small , and never give up .....

DC YOU MADE IT :smt029

Guys thank you for sharing your personal experience (and experiences). That's inspirational and helpful especially [-o<
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 pm

I am humble, All Love Brutal Truth:

Inquire about a man's trial, before coveting his success. -MA

"The thoughtless, the ignorant, and the indolent, seeing only the apparent effects of things and not the things themselves, talk of luck, of fortune, and chance. Seeing a man grow rich, they say, “How lucky he is!” Observing another become intellectual, they exclaim, “How highly favored he is!” And noting the saintly character and wide influence of another, they remark, “How chance aids him at every turn!

They do not see the trials and failures and struggles which these men have voluntarily encountered in order to gain their experience; have no knowledge of the sacrifices they have made, of the undaunted efforts they have put forth, of the faith they have exercised, that they might overcome the apparently insurmountable, and realize the Vision of their heart.

They do not know the darkness and the heartaches; they only see the light and joy, and call it “luck”. They do not see the long and arduous journey, but only behold the pleasant goal, and call it “good fortune,” do not understand the process, but only perceive the result, and call it chance. In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result. Chance is not. Gifts, powers, material, intellectual, and spiritual possessions are the fruits of effort; they are thoughts completed, objects accomplished, visions realized.

The Vision that you glorify in your mind, the Ideal that you enthrone in your heart — this you will build your life by, this you will become." -

Allen, James. As a Man Thinketh

-Leo out.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue May 14, 2019 11:55 pm

dchappy wrote:I think we are on the same page ..I wasn't saying that chaos is the same as random .My point was that there are patterns in the market which repeat ( I believe ).And other traders will say that there is no such thing ..the market is totally random ....btw .I took Bill's course in the. ..mid 90's ,He is about the best Elliott wave theorist that I know of ...

Sorry that it took so long for me to respond, good buddy, but I've been super busy trying to reinvent the wheel :lol: (and learning F#)

It seems as though everyone has taken his course but me! Feel kinda left out.

If you can see it then it exists and if it works then it has meaning; others might not see it so for them it does not exist, and it might not work for someone else so for them it has no meaning.

A 1-2-3 is nothing more than a low point that is the lowest of a range, two or more bars of separation, a lower low than one (or half?) of the separating data points, and a trigger that is the highest point between said lows:

I don't think that the #2 requires a LH:
1-2-3.png
1-2-3.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 5115 times

You could just as easily trade opens using that definition:
the_law.png
the_law.png (33.37 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

You only become unstoppable when you indisputably believe something to be true, and it actually is the Truth.

I think I am of better use to you by asking thought provoking questions of those kindred spirit that arrived before me instead of ‘yapping through me pie whole’.

So I guess this in parting between you and I, Godspeed FU.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Today I was reading about 'time travel entries' and the gist of it is that you don't trade the trigger itself, you trade the movement of stops; hence the name 'time travel entries': you 'move your stop', price moves away from it by an acceptable distance, and you enter a trade.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether you make the bulk of your money shortly after the entry or after the movement of your stop (to BE, etc)
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm

IgazI wrote:Today I was reading about 'time travel entries' and the gist of it is that you don't trade the trigger itself, you trade the movement of stops; hence the name 'time travel entries': you 'move your stop', price moves away from it by an acceptable distance, and you enter a trade.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether you make the bulk of your money shortly after the entry or after the movement of your stop (to BE, etc)

This was one of MO's biggest things he talked about. When you enter a trade based on your acceptable risk then after price moves in your favor X amount you move your stop loss to BE or BE +1 etc. When you do that price whips back and hits your stop loss. I think he said something like "take your profit or take your loss but don't move your stop loss."

It goes along with the thinking......man whenever I put on a trade it stops me out and then it goes where I expected...

This is how I viewed the 'zero line" ... get in where the stop losses are protecting their entries. Those orders will push the market.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Dillinger

Postby Dillinger » Tue May 21, 2019 5:23 pm

IgazI wrote:Today I was reading about 'time travel entries' and the gist of it is that you don't trade the trigger itself, you trade the movement of stops; hence the name 'time travel entries': you 'move your stop', price moves away from it by an acceptable distance, and you enter a trade.

Man I wish I had the patience and mental strength to trade larger charts. With your ideas of HTF stop placement mixed with eliminating your risk via small time frames and then trailing your HTF stop by adding to your position based off the HTF charts a person could make an absolute killing.
"So pick up your skirt, grab your balls and let's make some money"

Return to “TheRumpledOne”