ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 am

Or maybe their website is down
Cuz I now notice I can't get any of your images to open...

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 am

sorry, same here, no image, but may i suggest read TRO's adaptation thread? it might help you pick a better day for being a RED rat. and since i have no image to support this assumpation, did you sell into weekly, daily, monthly support?

also, a system can never be you, you create this system so it can never be better than you (if you can control your emotions)

another point i think worth mentioning:

you designed it consciously, but the subconscious part is missing from that system because YOU dont even know how to code it conciously YET . :wink:
"find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" Confucius

"its all relative" Eisenstein

"if you love everything, then nothing is work, if you think everything is work, then nothing is work" Confustein ^.^

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 pm

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
PTG wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
PTG wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
M.O., I do not short A/U.

Only longs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeowfcCNnI :lol:

So what you think about not shorting A/U after today........? smarty pants

Plan your trade, Trade your plan, it's not in my plan. YOU can short it all you want. I'm trading it like I got 1 Mil in account and dont want to pay the carry expense.....LOL

Somehow I just knew this nice little clip would be interpreted totally wrong, but that's ok. It wasn't even meant for you :lol:

Anyway. Not that I have been trading this week, however I don't think while trading. The thinking should be done before that: plan + strategies. As long as you're on the right side of the order flow, it's ok. If not, you won't get to 1 Mil unless a) it's in Zimbabwe dollars or b) it's in US dollars in -say- 5-10 years from now. How's that for smarty pants :smt080

I believe that the United States is going to pull a rabbit out of its hat, but maybe that is because I am an opponent of gold.

i hope you are right

i think we are in for a disaster

i am thinking, the US treasuries will crash, all commodities will go crazy ( hyper inflation) equity markets are going to crash hard. We will see 5-7 a gallon in gas

the one good thing that may come out of all that is the possibility of a flat tax.

i hope you are right though, that is just what i see happening

i am by no means making trading decisions off that, i will do whatever it does. I just do not see us coming out of this in 1 piece

sorry to hijack your thread Pro

happy new year everyone

Maybe it is just a matter of confidence.

Or maybe this article is actually only about how to adjust your fundamental analysis in these turbulent times (and therefore, doesn't really relate to this particular conversation in the right way --oops, sorry 'bout that.)

===============================

http://club.ino.com/trading/2011/01/wha ... all-about/

The list goes on, but the story remains the same - confidence is key during economic recovery and that confidence can turn on a dime when fundamental events occur.

In 2010 the world experienced the beginning of a major currency shift. Currency trends tend to come over long time periods - recent U.S. dollar trends have been between 3-7 years. These longer term trends tend to have volatile short term price action followed by periods of congestion or mild trending channels. However during a global currency shift it is likely to become a bit more of a tug-o-war as nearly every currency experiences its own internal supply/demand shift while being affected by multiple other currency shifts at the same time. In the end this tug-o-war is often won by currencies supported by the strongest underlying confidence amongst investors. In Europe the confidence continues to evaporate based on continuing economic uncertainty amongst its member countries. In Japan the yen has experienced an epic rally, one that may continue but will likely see diminishing global investment as the perceived value of the yen is reduced because of its strong gains. The U.S. dollar, however, is a different story altogether.

The U.S. dollar will continue to be a perceived safe-haven currency play because of one main underlying factor - confidence created by monetary policy leadership. The fear of investors throughout the world does not necessarily stem from poor monetary policy, but rather an insufficient or complete lack of initiatives. Inaction stimulates fear but action creates confidence. The U.S. is leading the action to stimulate a recovery, regardless of whether or not that action is ideal. This means that during periods of panic or declining confidence investors will probably flock to dollars. The dollar will lead the way to 4 critical events affecting commodities, stocks, bonds and inflation.

::EDIT::
After looking at the comments, maybe this article is just stupid after all. :(
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:06 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:"what is it now for your trading M.O., 16 or 17??" -PRO

I am not quite sure that I understand what you are asking...

I remember you saying you had been trading X amount of years and that you were looking forward to what you would learn in the next X year of trading.....thought it was somewhere around 16 or so that you'd been at it...or maybe I mistakenly remember you were 16 when you started.??

And yes. The U.S. $ will NOT be in the tank in 5-10 years.....NO way.

I am 27 years old PRO, 28 as of March, and i have been trading for over a decade, thanks to my father.

My mother calls me boy-child but my beard is gray dmmit!
:lol:

The greatest lesson is this:

Lose nothing, risk everything.

Funny, with that much trading + wisdom I thought you was at least 40.
Hmm, I don't remember if I had any gray hair at 27 but that was about 10
years ago and currently only 10% gray anyways. :lol:

So: Lose nothing, Risk everything : the wisdom just pours out :)

aliassmith wrote:So: Lose nothing, Risk everything : the wisdom just pours out :)

alias,
Actually, it seems pretty close to what you're already stating in your own sig IMO:
Aggressive pushing with other peoples money is the Holy Grail

:arrow: If you're pushing aggressively with OTHER people's money, then you're in a position where you won't be losing any of your own money, no?

MO's statement does add a little bit of nuance to it tho; a slightly different angle of seeing/saying the same thing...

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 pm

8) prochargedmopar wrote:NFP trade with small position, Took profit 2x on the way up which is backwards. Should have added twice.

Man, this pippin is a .......

http://clip2net.com/s/HLq7

I based the entry on support level and the H4 chart "look" BEFORE the news was released.

Hope you don't mind me dissecting your trade a little; something about the way you stated it made me curious...

**EDIT**
I now see what caught my attention:

What size SL were you using?
Is it your standard SL?
Or an inflated SL b/c you were purposely trying to trade the usually very volatile NFP?

Thanks Pro,
~Krane

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 am

Krane,
I had a "red" level down there and the market rejected it strongly then closed back above a line I deemed to be support.
Notice the top "red" level.

With a "small" position no stop was required as there was no fear of what would happen, my entry would be zeroed at a future time anyway.

Some would say the indicators signaled a short, some would say a long depending on how you use them.

Price told me it was going up.

My "normal" system stop is 35 pips. My personal preferred stop is 10 pips.

http://clip2net.com/s/HRDE
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Hey pro, how has FT2 been treating you? I've been thinking about getting it myself.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

The Tester is a great tool. Ive been slacking last 2 weeks and have been trading instead. Got off track from system I was learning and started leaning 2 others. Then went back to old habits of doubling down trying to make back $2 and lost $200.

Went back to the tester this weekend and it showed me how easy it is to trade when TIME and $$ is not an issue. I traded 7 London sessions for hundreds of pips without a loss. EU only.

Here is Fridays live London session trades. Nuts.

http://clip2net.com/s/II52

Here is how I'll have the platform set up this week. NO acct info. NO balances. JUST pips.

http://clip2net.com/s/II5S

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Precision is required but that was 1/2 pip too precise on the entry......errrrr

BTW, it gave one more chance at 50 level. Then shot up 135 pips without looking back.

Was a very nice H4 trade setup.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey Pro, long time, no see... looks like the SQUIGGLY MONSTER got you...LOL!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”