ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:11 pm

On the agenda to perform each one flawlessly in this order.
This will build the foundation for #3.

#1 trend following system
#2 range trading system
#3 Counter trend "reversal" system. (yes you can)

Looking back at yesterdays post, doesnt' the m1 chart look so clean and honest and pure. See how it just flows together?

Hmm, gotta get rid of that bad dog again...DANG.

But doesn't this chart look NICE AND TASTY.
Stochastics trading system using some mtf h4 ma's and double oscillator indy's on an H1 trading chart......Looks sweet, anybody out there got the patience for it? LOL

:shock:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm

PTG,

Quick search revealed that the 2/20 looks like the same type of setup as the 20/8 ma system...

2 same colored candles close over 8sma in direction of 20sma and your in....use 8sma as a trailing stop.....

OR,
A 21ema and a channel of 5's. price crosses over 21ema and then closes outside of 5's channel(2-5ema's one on high/one on low for channel) and your in. Use a close back inside channel as your exit.

I know trading is as simple as that, and after last night at work, I may have to give in and just TRADE.

I've about had it with getting greasy, nasty, and having to spend most of my life up there.
What a crock.

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 pm

You found this then, did you: http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FE ... andry.html
Go try it on silver !

You could also go TurtleTrading. Mechanically following the plan is the key, even when having a 'terrible' system like that. Those who did, made it. Those who didn't, failed. It IS that easy ! Of course, you a) must have a plan to start with and b) follow it to the letter whilst c) evaluating your trading and honing your plan.

This might help too: Van Tharp's trader questions:

In my new book, Super Trader: Make Consistent Profits in Good and Bad Markets, there is a short quiz that I reprinted here.

1. Do I treat my trading/investing like a business? Have I prepared for it like a business?

2. Do I have a business plan?a working document to guide my trading business?

3. Do I identify and address my mistakes regularly (a mistake means not following my rules)?

4. Am I following a regular procedure to prevent mistakes?

5. Do I have a tested system? Do I know its System Quality Number??

6. Do I know how that system will perform in different kinds of markets?

7. Do I know what kind of market we are in now? Do I know what to expect from my system in such a market?

8. When it?s not expected to do well because of the market type, do I stop trading it?

9. Do I have exit points preplanned for every position I currently have in the market?

10. Have I developed specific objectives for my trading?

11. Do I understand that I achieve my objectives through a position sizing (TM) algorithm? Have I developed a specific position sizing algorithm to meet my objectives?

12. Do I understand the importance of the above points?

13. Do I understand that I create my own investment results through my thinking and beliefs? Do I accept responsibility for that creation?

14. Do I regularly work on myself to make sure that I follow the above points?

Just pick a system and stick to it. The simpler, the better.

Personally, I have found out that I like mechanical systems or any systems for that matter as long as I know it has an edge. Backtesting, either manual or automatic provides the reassurance that there is an edge. Once you have found that system, stick to it and don't start do doubt the system because that will bite you in the ass.. :shock:
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:56 pm

well said..........

Pro,
trying to find an approach to play the 3 of the different market types you mention is close to useless for a begining trader. Work one system and make it profitable, otherwise you are playing wack-a-mole.

PTG wrote:Just pick a system and stick to it. The simpler, the better.

Personally, I have found out that I like mechanical systems or any systems for that matter as long as I know it has an edge. Backtesting, either manual or automatic provides the reassurance that there is an edge. Once you have found that system, stick to it and don't start do doubt the system because that will bite you in the ass.. :shock:
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 am

Yeah razor, that's why I"m starting with the #1 listed above.
It's tuff, because the market was in a range for like 6hrs this eve. Could have been kickin it's butt the whole time now that I understand the philosophy and have a couple indy's that will give me hints and targets.

See here:
I switched my fxdd mini account over to a micro today.

See why I went long?

While dinking with g/u this is what I missed on e/j.

While typing this post look what happened.
pivot bounce on higher time frame.
32LWMA(my preference) turned up.
Bars closed above 8sma and then retested.....
PERFECT LONG TREND FOLLOW TRIGGER.
Looks what's happening now....................

Last edited by prochargedmopar on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:16 pm

I have no clue why you went long, but what is important is that you know why you went long. But I would say this, going long on the GU might be like stepping in front of a frieght train.

so why did you go long.

I know why I am short the G/U - since December 4th, with a total of 5 positions (got knocked in and out of the first position a few times - I started trying to build this position on the 25th of Nov) and I know why I am long the U/J since dec 10th with a total of 4 positions..........all 9 positions risk free right now. Learn to play long term and short term scalping becomes a cake walk............figure out my positions and entry points and you will see what I mean. I'm using daily charts

Remaining open positions up to about 2500 pips

prochargedmopar wrote:Yeah razor, that's why I"m starting with the #1 listed above.
It's tuff, because the market was in a range for like 6hrs this eve. Could have been kickin it's butt the whole time now that I understand the philosophy and have a couple indy's that will give me hints and targets.

See here:

See why I went long?

Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Yeah, exactly, Razorboy.

Was this entry according to your plan, PRO ?

Here goes: short on Dec 3rd limit entry w. s/l above the zone. Put order in 3rds: take 1/3 profit at 1st target, which in this case more than covers the risk for the other 2 parts; take 1/3 profit on 2nd target; by now you have made good profit indeed, and let the 3rd part run to see how far it can get. This is imho what "mr. Poetry" MO means with "be willing to give back profit for more profit" or something like that :shock: Run your s/l above the previous level to give it some space but not too much and -kerching- it is PARTY time.

Now all of this may come to you as a surprise, PRO, however, this is what mr. Sam Seiden does. Only trade if you really have to, take your time to find the best entries that are according to your plan. This trade is actually according to my plan. If only my plan had been ready at that time :lol:

Opportunities like these happen all the time. However, you need to have a plan according to which you filter such trades. It is not a big help to be staring at the 1-minute freight train passing by because you won't be seeing these beautiful events. I saw another one I think two weeks ago on I believe AUDCHF. And look what AUDUSD has done since Nov 25th; that would have been another one according to my plan. 2010 will be an interesting year for me 8) not because I'm Mr. Genius but because I have a freakin' plan that I know has an edge, with all details filled in and a periodic review of the results to make it even better.

You have to realize that there is NO WAY you can win from somebody who has a plan with an edge that is executed with precision. And I'll be DAMNED if I am not that somebody. You know what the nice thing is ? YOU can be that somebody as well !

Remember: less is more.

It's NOT the entry. It's the PLAN and its execution that is important.

Failing to plan, is planning to fail.

There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:13 pm

razorboy wrote:I have no clue why you went long, but what is important is that you know why you went long. But I would say this, going long on the GU might be like stepping in front of a frieght train.

so why did you go long.

I know why I am short the G/U - since December 4th, with a total of 5 positions (got knocked in and out of the first position a few times - I started trying to build this position on the 25th of Nov) and I know why I am long the U/J since dec 10th with a total of 4 positions..........all 9 positions risk free right now. Learn to play long term and short term scalping becomes a cake walk............figure out my positions and entry points and you will see what I mean. I'm using daily charts

Remaining open positions up to about 2500 pips

prochargedmopar wrote:Yeah razor, that's why I"m starting with the #1 listed above.

See here:

See why I went long?

Here's why.
Long off price action.

This is the pivot level I was looking at to the left but it needed to drop 100ish pips more.

I'm working my way up the only way I know how......learn at lightning speed LOL

I'll look at your entries....but the reason you got in now is erroneous..... it's after the fact.
Anybody can look at a chart 1 month later and see what happened.
It's patience to wait for the levels and then have the balls to hold through the ups and downs.

Good info. for sure.

But, do you see why I entered, what the candles told me, how I got 16 or whatever pips on the trade, why I exited a few pips shy of what was actually available after the fact????????

Hmmmmm

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:32 pm

PTG wrote:Yeah, exactly, Razorboy.

Was this entry according to your plan, PRO ?

Here goes: short on Dec 3rd limit entry w. s/l above the zone. Put order in 3rds: take 1/3 profit at 1st target, which in this case more than covers the risk for the other 2 parts; take 1/3 profit on 2nd target; by now you have made good profit indeed, and let the 3rd part run to see how far it can get. This is imho what "mr. Poetry" MO means with "be willing to give back profit for more profit" or something like that :shock: Run your s/l above the previous level to give it some space but not too much and -kerching- it is PARTY time.

Now all of this may come to you as a surprise, PRO, however, this is what mr. Sam Seiden does. Only trade if you really have to, take your time to find the best entries that are according to your plan. This trade is actually according to my plan. If only my plan had been ready at that time :lol:

Opportunities like these happen all the time. However, you need to have a plan according to which you filter such trades. It is not a big help to be staring at the 1-minute freight train passing by because you won't be seeing these beautiful events. I saw another one I think two weeks ago on I believe AUDCHF. And look what AUDUSD has done since Nov 25th; that would have been another one according to my plan. 2010 will be an interesting year for me 8) not because I'm Mr. Genius but because I have a freakin' plan that I know has an edge, with all details filled in and a periodic review of the results to make it even better.

You have to realize that there is NO WAY you can win from somebody who has a plan with an edge that is executed with precision. And I'll be DAMNED if I am not that somebody. You know what the nice thing is ? YOU can be that somebody as well !

Remember: less is more.

It's NOT the entry. It's the PLAN and its execution that is important.

Failing to plan, is planning to fail.

PTG,
Ive been watching the same moves for month's and months. THEY HAPPEN ON ANY AND ALL TIME FRAMES.

I figured it out watching m1 candles and studying my anus off....lol
M.O. is a GOOD teacher!!!!!!

Sam Seiden explained to me the WHY!!!

Now, knowing something and being able to enact what you know is totally different.

THAT'S WHERE YOU AND RAZOR COME INTO PLAY.

He keeps pushing the back testing of my "system".
That intern will remove the fear from my entries and most importantly MY EXITS.

You are now pushing the PLAN.

Combine those 2 and what you have is the 50% money management and the 40% psychological issues RESOLVED.

That leaves only 10% which is not of much to do about anything anyway...

Cheers.
Pro

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:41 pm

I want to go short here so bad I can taste it....
Why would anybody in their right mind want to do that???

Well lets look at a 30m chart!!!!
You tell me.

Ok, I've posted my holiday weekend quota in one day...

YOU GUYS HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

CHEERS.
PRO

5 min update....
Looks a little clearer on an M1 chart
Oh yeah baby oh yeah,
10 pip scalp right there.
hehehehe (somebody's gotta take profit)

A rat traders DELIGHT!!!

Hmmm, looks like the freight train has some pretty good breaks!!!
Wish I had the co hones to have held my long "scalp", and added to that bad boy after corrections.
I see, just can't act......now where were those rules for my trading plan again?? LOL

Return to “TheRumpledOne”