PA, S/R, ZL, EXTREMES & MOMO

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 am

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 am

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu May 19, 2011 11:16 pm

here's some more of my recent trades.

pretty much the same s**t happens over and over again on pretty much a M1 timeframe to a Y1 and from currencies to anything such as pork bellies.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 pm

a very good indicator of predicting a reversal are supply and demand areas.

and these happen pretty much on many timeframes from M1 all the way to W1/M1 timeframes. They are more accurate on higher timeframes than lower timeframes.

These are the most obvious ones I can give as an example. To tell you the truth I only take trades based off supply/demand areas only if I get a clear setup because sometimes they can appear really messy with choppy price action.

Usually you look for this area to get tested and hold, if it gets tested and fails to hold it only means that in a demand area there are no more buyers or all the demand got consumed in a previous stage.

In this example there is massive demand and supply areas clearly seen on the hourly chart. Most traders that know what they are doing know that these areas will have an effect and in this case it did during a news event. Price went straight to demand, held and rallied up all the way to supply. Pulled back off supply and tested supply again and it held for a second time and then went to test demand again and this time, demand was consumed and sellers overpowered the buyers and declined further. Look how week the rally was off demand the second time.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu May 19, 2011 11:41 pm

adaseb wrote:here's some more of my recent trades.

pretty much the same s**t happens over and over again on pretty much a M1 timeframe to a Y1 and from currencies to anything such as pork bellies.

Nice trading AD! Are You doin well? New house? New car? : D

For some time I thought that Im on the right path but recent week is a disaster for me and I dont really know why. I wasnt changing anything.

Fck it. Gotta keep on trading : )

newscalper

)

Postby newscalper » Fri May 20, 2011 7:14 am

Pawel - that's just trading isn't it? About 2-3 weeks ago I had 10 (YES 10!) losers on the trot which really knocked confidence. Reason - stops too tight.

After that I just couldn't get back the market...surely I couldn't be wrong again, I've changed nothing about what I normally do.

I didn't get back in until this week. These week: not one losing trade so far.

It's as they always say, for ANY defined edge the distribution of winners and losers is random. If you know your win rate is (say) 60% you know the probabilities of losing streaks etc in theory. (as a rough guess it's something like 7 or 8 on the trot for 60%). Now at some point you're going to have a period of winners that makes you think you're a trading god - "I just can't lose, I'm invincible", it's those times that are dangerous because it's when a lot of traders break their risk rules. What comes next, the BIG string of losses that they should have known were coming that wipes them out.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 am

Today looks like it MAY be a ranging day on cable again. Currently looking for a short scalp after the 1hr momo down.

Edit: nope, took out the high

paweldobkowski

Re: )

Postby paweldobkowski » Fri May 20, 2011 4:50 pm

newscalper wrote:Pawel - that's just trading isn't it? About 2-3 weeks ago I had 10 (YES 10!) losers on the trot which really knocked confidence. Reason - stops too tight.

After that I just couldn't get back the market...surely I couldn't be wrong again, I've changed nothing about what I normally do.

I didn't get back in until this week. These week: not one losing trade so far.

It's as they always say, for ANY defined edge the distribution of winners and losers is random. If you know your win rate is (say) 60% you know the probabilities of losing streaks etc in theory. (as a rough guess it's something like 7 or 8 on the trot for 60%). Now at some point you're going to have a period of winners that makes you think you're a trading god - "I just can't lose, I'm invincible", it's those times that are dangerous because it's when a lot of traders break their risk rules. What comes next, the BIG string of losses that they should have known were coming that wipes them out.

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY NAME!? jk :wink:

NS - You are absolutely right.

I finally got my continuation down on EU today. Got my money back + some more ; )

Daily:

M5:

It was shorting all the way down. Exits werent perfect but Im still working on it. Maybe anyone can give me an advice how to decide when to go out?

Anyway it was a great day. I feel like god now :shock:

jk :lol:

EDIT: SL @ BE on the last one. TP @ 1.4181 and Im out.

BE or target. We'll see later ; )

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri May 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Nice trade on the silver! I have been trading silver for the past 2 months
pretty exclusively. There are/was a lot of people there willing to donate
their cash to me. :lol:

I happen to check my returns on May 17 back to April 17 and discovered I
made 49% return on equity. I know that isn't a lot compared to some of you
big pip'ers out there but I am happy with it. :D
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Sun May 22, 2011 3:20 am

aliassmith wrote:

Nice trade on the silver! I have been trading silver for the past 2 months
pretty exclusively. There are/was a lot of people there willing to donate
their cash to me. :lol:

I happen to check my returns on May 17 back to April 17 and discovered I
made 49% return on equity. I know that isn't a lot compared to some of you
big pip'ers out there but I am happy with it. :D

Hey aliass, I've been trading silver as well for the past 1.5 months but trading and scalping off 1m charts based on higher time frames...my stops are normally less than 9 pips and get to BE in about 1 - 1 minutes...I've been consistently getting around 100% return per day...2 days in a row, I even had 400% in a single day believe it or not, because I compound and increase my lot ever winner...but I am now looking at overall yearly returns as if I had an extremely nice job and am taking in a steady paycheck every week, thus risking less and quitting after I hit my certain $$ daily goal (sometimes it happens in hour or 2), and not looking back at the screen until the next morning...7 figures a year. 8)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”