PA, S/R, ZL, EXTREMES & MOMO

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:
pika wrote:Ultimately you must be able to trade successfully, otherwise your account will be wiped out in no time. Why? You risk 5% for the first trade, but as you build up your acount, you are also increasing the risk with subsequent trades proportionately to the lot size (i.e. 10% on second trade, 20% on the third and 40% on the fourth). The moment you lose in any of the subsequent trades, you are back to square 1.

Besides, how will you manage your acount if it falls below $100? Do you still risk 5% or $5? If you risk $5, that will be more than 5% risk. I would suggest that you manage your trade based on a fixed % stop loss of your equity. In this way, the lot size will adjust itself according to the size of your account and you can last longer in the game. All said, you still must find yourself a winning method, or else it will just be a matter of time before your accound will shrink so small that you only make pennies instead.

Thanks for You input Pika : )

Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not saying that if You keep losing in the markets You are going to become profitable using this.

The thing that I've showed also was only an example. Im not good enough to risk 5%. My case is that I still cant handle emotions while trading. Im more or less consistent playing small lots though and I wanted to make it my advantage.

The risk that I can accept before putting a trade (which I belive is essential to be profitable) and feel comfortable with is 1% per 10p right now. I put on a trade and I feel like that 1% is gone and I dont care. I feel no stress. I dont hesitate to take any setup I see. I feel fine about getting out with small loss and there are no bad emotions involved. Whats also important I dont rush to get out. I can calmly look how the trade develops. I dont want to go up for 2, 3 or more percent yet therefore I figured out this "trick".

The only good way to test this on me is to play it so today was my first day trying it and it was a pretty good day. It was a first day so I cant say a lot so far BUT I still feel comfortable with risking 1% of my account and after getting first 10p I feel like Im playing for free. Just like in poker when You get someones money it is better to push aggressively with them.

ALSO risking that little I can make 16% in 40p instead of 160p like before. SO YES when I lose at any point Im back to STEP1 but if I make those 40p in any of 4 attempts (before gaining 160p) I still make 16% working less than before.

Hope that it makes sense. Im sorry for any mistakes in my english : )

You say two conflicting things. First, you say you aren't good enough to risk 5%. Later though, you seem confident that in 4 attempts you have no problem winning all of them.

If you aren't good enough to risk 5%, you won't win 4 in a row.

Why not risk the smallest amount you can, and get to a point where you are consistent enough to be comfortable with 5%?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 pm

kreslik is back up!

poipen

Postby poipen » Tue May 17, 2011 8:08 am

Kreslik is baaaaaack!!!!
Wise Men Know Their Limits, Great Men Have No Limits.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue May 17, 2011 10:27 am

cwn6161 wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
pika wrote:Ultimately you must be able to trade successfully, otherwise your account will be wiped out in no time. Why? You risk 5% for the first trade, but as you build up your acount, you are also increasing the risk with subsequent trades proportionately to the lot size (i.e. 10% on second trade, 20% on the third and 40% on the fourth). The moment you lose in any of the subsequent trades, you are back to square 1.

Besides, how will you manage your acount if it falls below $100? Do you still risk 5% or $5? If you risk $5, that will be more than 5% risk. I would suggest that you manage your trade based on a fixed % stop loss of your equity. In this way, the lot size will adjust itself according to the size of your account and you can last longer in the game. All said, you still must find yourself a winning method, or else it will just be a matter of time before your accound will shrink so small that you only make pennies instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not saying that if You keep losing in the markets You are going to become profitable using this.

The thing that I've showed also was only an example. Im not good enough to risk 5%. My case is that I still cant handle emotions while trading. Im more or less consistent playing small lots though and I wanted to make it my advantage.

The risk that I can accept before putting a trade (which I belive is essential to be profitable) and feel comfortable with is 1% per 10p right now. I put on a trade and I feel like that 1% is gone and I dont care. I feel no stress. I dont hesitate to take any setup I see. I feel fine about getting out with small loss and there are no bad emotions involved. Whats also important I dont rush to get out. I can calmly look how the trade develops. I dont want to go up for 2, 3 or more percent yet therefore I figured out this "trick".

The only good way to test this on me is to play it so today was my first day trying it and it was a pretty good day. It was a first day so I cant say a lot so far BUT I still feel comfortable with risking 1% of my account and after getting first 10p I feel like Im playing for free. Just like in poker when You get someones money it is better to push aggressively with them.

ALSO risking that little I can make 16% in 40p instead of 160p like before. SO YES when I lose at any point Im back to STEP1 but if I make those 40p in any of 4 attempts (before gaining 160p) I still make 16% working less than before.

You say two conflicting things. First, you say you aren't good enough to risk 5%. Later though, you seem confident that in 4 attempts you have no problem winning all of them.

Why not risk the smallest amount you can, and get to a point where you are consistent enough to be comfortable with 5%?

How the hell is that conflicting?

When I play for 1% I trade it like demo and when I play for 5% I trade it with fear of losing my money. Isnt that simple?

In these 4 attempts in each trade Im risking 1% of my account with chance of winning much more. That makes me feel comfortable and helps me to stay calm.

I grew my account significantly while kreslik was down using this trick. Maybe its just because I became a better trader. I dont know BUT I do know that You gotta make yourself comortable while trading in order to win. This helped me so I thought Id share that but it looks like a waste of time to just get criticised.

Something that works like a charm for one trader may be a total disaster for other trader. Some traders look for dojis some are counting elliot waves and some are squiggly fans.

Even here on KRESLIK Mighty tought us how to trade ZL's and we got many different ways to do that. His concepts were designed for bigger time frames while ES is a market killing scalper. Dragon is incredibly gifted trader using his own thoughts combined with ZLs and lately we got Ajamein who nailed the ZL concept his own way.

Dont judge everything with You logic because it has its own flaws, especially without even trying it. Take the concept and make it Yours. There is something for eveyone You just need to stay open minded, keep on searching and keep learning.

Im sick of forums : |

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:58 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:

When I play for 1% I trade it like demo and when I play for 5% I trade it with fear of losing my money. Isnt that simple?

In these 4 attempts in each trade Im risking 1% of my account with chance of winning much more. That makes me feel comfortable and helps me to stay calm.

I grew my account significantly while kreslik was down using this trick. Maybe its just because I became a better trader. I dont know BUT I do know that You gotta make yourself comortable while trading in order to win. This helped me so I thought Id share that but it looks like a waste of time to just get criticised.

Something that works like a charm for one trader may be a total disaster for other trader. Some traders look for dojis some are counting elliot waves and some are squiggly fans.

Even here on KRESLIK Mighty tought us how to trade ZL's and we got many different ways to do that. His concepts were designed for bigger time frames while ES is a market killing scalper. Dragon is incredibly gifted trader using his own thoughts combined with ZLs and lately we got Ajamein who nailed the ZL concept his own way.

Dont judge everything with You logic because it has its own flaws, especially without even trying it. Take the concept and make it Yours. There is something for eveyone You just need to stay open minded, keep on searching and keep learning.

paweldobkowski - did you read my post, or just get angry when you saw the word "conflicting"

When I read your post, I thought you were saying "my method is not good enough to risk 5%" but I see you were saying "I am not comfortable risking 5%".

Notice I said the EXACT same thing at the end of my post. Play at a level your are at ease with until you are consistent enough to increase.

Criticisms on forums are meant to help, not personally attack you. What's the point of anyone showing their method to others, if people won't ask questions?

Anyways, this wasn't even a criticism, but a communication breakdown. Glad things have been going well for you lately.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue May 17, 2011 8:52 pm

cwn6161 wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:

paweldobkowski - did you read my post, or just get angry when you saw the word "conflicting"

When I read your post, I thought you were saying "my method is not good enough to risk 5%" but I see you were saying "I am not comfortable risking 5%".

Notice I said the EXACT same thing at the end of my post. Play at a level your are at ease with until you are consistent enough to increase.

Criticisms on forums are meant to help, not personally attack you. What's the point of anyone showing their method to others, if people won't ask questions?

Anyways, this wasn't even a criticism, but a communication breakdown. Glad things have been going well for you lately.

Ye, I really got carried away. I owe You an appology for that cwn6161. I had a shitty day so I interpreted it as an offence. I know that its not an excuse but I hope that You'll understand.

I hope that You're also doin well mate. Sorry again.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed May 18, 2011 3:08 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
Kreslik is back.

In long atm GBPUSD monthly low, zline area, 3 CC 15 minute momo, getting some spikes coming in. Will have to see how it pans out.

LOS at 61369

Fxforce

Postby Fxforce » Wed May 18, 2011 6:08 pm

JESGPY wrote:kreslik is back up!

Glad to see Kreslik forum alive !!!

vincentws

Postby vincentws » Wed May 18, 2011 8:01 pm

I guess the temporary site will come down. Didn't seem like many knew of it.

http://www.forexmagnum.com/kreslik3/

Vincent

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed May 18, 2011 8:55 pm

I knew it was there but didn't post: had no idea if it would sync with this if/ when it came back up so couldn't see the point.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”