PA, S/R, ZL, EXTREMES & MOMO

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 am

es, you are crazy! my lot-size and your pips would also have been a great day but with your lot-size such a day must be unbelievable. sometimes i don't understand why you sit in front of the screen and trade 12h a day. you could sit on the beach or on your yacht with 1000 girls around you right now ;-)

it is really fascinating: we all have the same charts but we all see something different. and we all have the same knowledge which can be found in the threads here in this forum but we all interpret the information completely different.

how is this possible? why does es always take the correct momos while i often take the wrong ones? i'm not sure if i'm really unable to do it or if only a piece of knowledge is missing.

well well, i'm looking forward to the next week!

@all enjoy the weekend (without trading)!!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:02 pm

FXfreak wrote:es, you are crazy! my lot-size and your pips would also have been a great day but with your lot-size such a day must be unbelievable. sometimes i don't understand why you sit in front of the screen and trade 12h a day. you could sit on the beach or on your yacht with 1000 girls around you right now ;-)

it is really fascinating: we all have the same charts but we all see something different. and we all have the same knowledge which can be found in the threads here in this forum but we all interpret the information completely different.

how is this possible? why does es always take the correct momos while i often take the wrong ones? i'm not sure if i'm really unable to do it or if only a piece of knowledge is missing.

"how is this possible? why does es always take the correct momos while i often take the wrong ones? i'm not sure if i'm really unable to do it or if only a piece of knowledge is missing. "

are the ones that don't work maybe happen to be a m5 momo that is back into a m15 opposite momo? or m30 or h1. are you watching the inside charts when they come into the momo, or are you just getting in because it is momo?

i take momo trades all the time that dont work, that is when i take a +1 +2 be or -1 -2 -3 or whatever.

but like you said, everyone will see the charts a little different even though they are looking at the same exact thing
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:09 pm

FXfreak wrote:es, you are crazy! my lot-size and your pips would also have been a great day but with your lot-size such a day must be unbelievable. sometimes i don't understand why you sit in front of the screen and trade 12h a day. you could sit on the beach or on your yacht with 1000 girls around you right now ;-)

lol

because i am addicted to trading. i will burn out from scalping soon and either take a week break or go back to trading h1 charts. scalping is very stressful no matter if you are winning or losing

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 pm

es/pip wrote:

"how is this possible? why does es always take the correct momos while i often take the wrong ones? i'm not sure if i'm really unable to do it or if only a piece of knowledge is missing. "

are the ones that don't work maybe happen to be a m5 momo that is back into a m15 opposite momo? or m30 or h1. are you watching the inside charts when they come into the momo, or are you just getting in because it is momo?

i take momo trades all the time that dont work, that is when i take a +1 +2 be or -1 -2 -3 or whatever.

but like you said, everyone will see the charts a little different even though they are looking at the same exact thing

"are the ones that don't work maybe happen to be a m5 momo that is back into a m15 opposite momo? or m30 or h1. are you watching the inside charts when they come into the momo, or are you just getting in because it is momo?"

sometimes yes, sometimes no. as you always say: every trade is a little bit different. for instance yesterday: i lost three trades in a row trade that were were based on the same m5-demand. i was stopped out three times with -2, -3 and -4. price stalled, went below the area, came back and i always thought that longs are still valid. but they weren't and i ended with -9.

i will try to post my losers next week. they'll tell more than a 1000 words.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 pm

es/pip wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Humble wrote:Same here, but I always like seeing how he reads the PA. His dedication is incredible, a 17 hr day sometimes.

Pro's comments were a bit unfortunate because he has been here long enough to know es/pip is the real deal.

Just hoping es/pip will stay long enough to show how he adds to his swing account.

I would actually file that under "Great Moments in Unintended Consequences." :idea:

If it hadn't happened, this thread might not have exploded into the[highlight=black] diamond mine [/highlight]that it has become...

es/pip turned into a scalper on 'Roid Rage...damn near took a slice out of everything that crossed his path during his waking hours....

and the other traders jumped in, and now this thread is just simply, super-awesome.

regardless

it was still a total fckn horse-shit move, i tried to help the guy by offering advice over and over and over, which went fell on deaf ears and then he pulls that s**t

you know, it was pretty fckn funny that he called me out on the open forum about how anyone can mark up a chart in hind site---- IN FRONT OF EVERYONE

then i post the trades in real time to prove a fckn point

and he pm's me telling me how much he enjoys my thread, and how great it is ------IN PRIVATE

i sincerely hope, pro, you dont learn anything from this thread

i am sure you will, and that bothers me

fck it

I get what you are saying PRO has issues with his own trading and
most likely has a hard time believing someone can be that successful.

The thing is all the BS comes to a screeching halt when you say all right
how about when I do it live.

I had someone try to discredit my trading before and then I "had" to post
some in play trades then what is there to say at that point. :)

Keep up the good trading and get that blonde assistant you deserve. :twisted: :twisted:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm

aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Humble wrote:Same here, but I always like seeing how he reads the PA. His dedication is incredible, a 17 hr day sometimes.

Pro's comments were a bit unfortunate because he has been here long enough to know es/pip is the real deal.

Just hoping es/pip will stay long enough to show how he adds to his swing account.

I would actually file that under "Great Moments in Unintended Consequences." :idea:

If it hadn't happened, this thread might not have exploded into the[highlight=black] diamond mine [/highlight]that it has become...

es/pip turned into a scalper on 'Roid Rage...damn near took a slice out of everything that crossed his path during his waking hours....

and the other traders jumped in, and now this thread is just simply, super-awesome.

regardless

it was still a total fckn horse-shit move, i tried to help the guy by offering advice over and over and over, which went fell on deaf ears and then he pulls that s**t

you know, it was pretty fckn funny that he called me out on the open forum about how anyone can mark up a chart in hind site---- IN FRONT OF EVERYONE

and he pm's me telling me how much he enjoys my thread, and how great it is ------IN PRIVATE

fck it

Keep up the good trading and get that blonde assistant you deserve. :twisted: :twisted:

3 things:

1. Calling ES charts bullshit is not so clever to say the least. You should be a psycho to post faked charts for so long on the internet. I wont even comment on sending private msgs now to say that the thread is great.

2. Alias I gotta question. What is Your strategy now for "pushing with discounted money"? Do You still use it? How do You manage it now? If I'm asking for too much I'm sorry and please just ignore the question.

3. Few weeks ago something "clicked" for me and I did over 100% of my account in one week. Which was amazing. I was scalping and making like 20 good scalps in the row and losers where like max -5 pips. I felt like a god.

So next monday I sat down thinking that it's impossible for me to lose now. I came up with this great idea to overlevarage my trade so I can make like 20-30% in one trade. "Great idea at first".

Everything ofcourse went terribly wrong. I wasnt able to accept the fact that I made a mistake and therefore I didnt want to take a loss HOPING that Ill hedge my way out OR SOMETHING. I let it go againt me for like 40 pips? It seems ridiculous when I think about it now. It was really a "dear in the headlights" situation. I erased my whole account in that one trade. Well fck the money I can afford it but since than I play like s**t standing with my account balance around breakeven.

Question for those who made it in the market. Anyone been there? Anything I can do now? Apart from time travel? ; )

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:57 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

regardless

fck it

3 things:

1. Calling ES charts bullshit is not so clever to say the least. You should be a psycho to post faked charts for so long on the internet. I wont even comment on sending private msgs now to say that the thread is great.

2. Alias I gotta question. What is Your strategy now for "pushing with discounted money"? Do You still use it? How do You manage it now? If I'm asking for too much I'm sorry and please just ignore the question.

3. Few weeks ago something "clicked" for me and I did over 100% of my account in one week. Which was amazing. I was scalping and making like 20 good scalps in the row and losers where like max -5 pips. I felt like a god.

So next monday I sat down thinking that it's impossible for me to lose now. I came up with this great idea to overlevarage my trade so I can make like 20-30% in one trade. "Great idea at first".

Everything ofcourse went terribly wrong. I wasnt able to accept the fact that I made a mistake and therefore I didnt want to take a loss HOPING that Ill hedge my way out OR SOMETHING. I let it go againt me for like 40 pips? It seems ridiculous when I think about it now. It was really a "dear in the headlights" situation. I erased my whole account in that one trade. Well fck the money I can afford it but since than I play like s**t standing with my account balance around breakeven.

Question for those who made it in the market. Anyone been there? Anything I can do now? Apart from time travel? ; )

1. what was it that clicked? Do what you were doing that worked

2. You cant put yourself in a position to blow an account, especially on 1 trade, that is just crazy. i mean i have rough areas and patches for sure, but that comes out to -6-8ish % DD on account. Is it possible that i could continue to have bad areas on top of that and see a larger draw down? Sure. But, i am not going to just trade myself into the ground.

you not being able to take the loss was due to emotions that were based on having too much on the line and not willing to accept your original loss for when you got in the trade. Trying to scalp and make 30-40% on 1 trade is non-sense. You have to accept the loss before you place the trade.

Losing an entire account on a 40 pip move is just crazy.

3. Why are you not trading good now and at BE? Emotions, or something else? It sounds like to me that 1 trade has messed up your head. Start over at .1 - .3% risk per 10. Have a good week, and then go to .5-.7 risk per 10. so on and so on, until you build back up your confidence.

Are you not taking trades that you see due to fear of loss now?

Or are you just reading the PA wrong?

it is 95% emotional and 5% talent

TygerKrane

Preparation

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 am

es/pip,

At this stage of your trading, on your weekends, do you find the need to review your trades from the week? (i.e. looking to understand any 'mistakes' in order to keep your skills sharp and/or better interpret a similar situation in the future)

[s]Or do you brush up on the fundamentals for your favorite pairs? ( :oops: really stupid, "Just-STFU-TygerKrane-and-really-think-about-what-you-are-asking-for-a-moment" type of question -- I know -- but I have to ask for clarity's sake...)[/s]

Say Monday morning, you wake up, roll out of bed -leaving the three beautiful blondes sleeping blissfully behind you-, have your morning Whiskey :wink: and turn on your trading platform; how long does it take you to go through charts & various timeframes and know your game plan (i.e. establish an idea of where your first one or two trades might come from)?

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 pm

es/pip wrote:
paweldobkowski wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

regardless

fck it

3 things:

1. what was it that clicked? Do what you were doing that worked

2. You cant put yourself in a position to blow an account, especially on 1 trade, that is just crazy. i mean i have rough areas and patches for sure, but that comes out to -6-8ish % DD on account. Is it possible that i could continue to have bad areas on top of that and see a larger draw down? Sure. But, i am not going to just trade myself into the ground.

you not being able to take the loss was due to emotions that were based on having too much on the line and not willing to accept your original loss for when you got in the trade. Trying to scalp and make 30-40% on 1 trade is non-sense. You have to accept the loss before you place the trade.

Losing an entire account on a 40 pip move is just crazy.

3. Why are you not trading good now and at BE? Emotions, or something else? It sounds like to me that 1 trade has messed up your head. Start over at .1 - .3% risk per 10. Have a good week, and then go to .5-.7 risk per 10. so on and so on, until you build back up your confidence.

Are you not taking trades that you see due to fear of loss now?

Or are you just reading the PA wrong?

it is 95% emotional and 5% talent

1. That "click" was very complex thing and its hard to tell what exactly happened. I just started to make quick good and bold decisions and whats more important I wasnt afraid of taking ANY trade. I dont mean that every trade was right but if it wasnt there was no problem for me to get out and look for better entry. There was almost no ambiguity MAINLY because I got rid of emotions.

2. Yes You're right that it was really dumb to put everything on the line. But as I said I was sure that Im not able to make a mistake so I wanted to grow my account fast.

I remember myself sitting there with 50% DD and thinking to myself that I cannot get out now because I lost too much. So I let it go for 100% DD. Stupid right? I know but I was really devasteded so I was making extremely emotional decisions.

3. It's pretty much all at once right now because one implicates another. Im reading PA wrong due to emotions and not taking most of the trades due to fear of loss. Although it feels like Im doing everything the same I can clearly see that Im not. I was standing at about 85-90% accuracy and now it's about 50% + letting losers be as big as winners.

It's really ugly feeling to trash Your hard work in one trade and that feeling really stucked in my head.

You are right. I need to start over at lets say 2% risk on 10 pips and build up my confidence back. Get more or less rid of emotions once more, build up my account and whats more important remain humble no metter what. I seem to forgot that market is a jungle and traders are not born over night.

I hope that that shithole that Im going through right now will teach me something. What Im sure about is that Im not a quiter. Im going to make it happen no metter how much time and work it is going to cost me.

Thanks for taking Your time to reply ES, while putting this msg together I really took some time to rethink whats going on. I was searching for flaws in my chart reading and I forgot about emotions.

Im the God again! Just kidding :lol:
Last edited by paweldobkowski on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:58 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:

regardless

fck it

3 things:

I still use it . It is better to take small risk testing s/r then build into the trade.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”