P&F charts suck, don't use them...

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 pm

The problem I am seeing is people paper trading for the last three plus years because they want to pull money out of the market in their own way instead of in any way possible.

What is this other way?

Forget about being a trader and be a collector instead!

I collect lots &, just as a collector, I value the item more than the money.

Rarity (longer term extremes) makes the items more valuable.

Time (is price/range) gives the item a dollar value.

-A collector (not investor) is my mindset.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Extreme Collector++++++++++++++.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:39 am

Trader or Investor...? Nah, we are rare pip collectors of the highest quality :)

I like that mindset :)

Whether it be paper or trading a tiny live account for 3 YEARS, there is something else going on...It should not take 3 YEARS. There are ways to speed up the process to an extent. But most will not FOCUS LIKE A LASER, on those ways.

It reminds me of the video Vane posted not too long ago. The guy was saying, "How bad do you want it? Or do you just KINDA WANT IT?!"
Last edited by PebbleTrader on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is just a journey

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:36 am

PebbleTrader wrote:Trader or Investor...? Nah, we are rare pip collectors :)

I like that mindset :)

Whether it be paper or trading a tiny live account for 3 YEARS, there is something else going on...It should not take 3 YEARS. There are ways to speed up the process to an extent. But most will not FOCUS LIKE A LASER, on those ways.

It reminds me of the video Vane posted not too long ago. The guy was saying, "How bad do you want it? Or do you just KINDA WANT IT?!"

Sooner or later the discipline will kick in, and you will know exactly what a poor trade looks like and won't mind taking a cut in space to try again later then the actual entry event presents itself... Or hanging on even if price goes 50% into your space because you believe in the power of the high time frame s&r.

But I believe screen time and time in a trade a very important teachers as the story that the markets are telling become clearer and one can make the evolutionary jump from happy go lucky don't have a clue what to do. To; okay here its gonna drop and I better be on it, cause its gonna be a doozy!

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:42 am

"Time (is price/range) gives the item a dollar value. " -MightyOne

What do you mean by this -----^ ? Mark-02_Smile
Last edited by PebbleTrader on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 am

"Sooner or later the discipline will kick in,..." -Jalarupa

Self-discipline is the ability to do what you should do when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.

Self-discipline is also self-control.

Self-discipline is also self denial. You deny yourself the easy pleasures, the temptations that lead so many astray, for a greater reward in time.

Delayed gratification, put off satisfaction in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term.

The most successful traders are thinking just beyond the short term, they look into the future as far as they can and make sure that the decision is in alignment with the goals (where they are aiming, goals don't really apply because it is not something you can control) they want to achieve. Then, they come back to the present and determine the kinds of things they must do or not do to achieve their desired futures. Everything they do in the short term is consistent with where they want to end up just beyond the short term. They also are well aware that their desired future may not come into existence for which the implications are vast.
Life is just a journey

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:04 am

PebbleTrader wrote:The most successful traders are thinking just beyond the short term, they look into the future as far as they can and make sure that the decision is in alignment with the goals (where they are aiming, goals don't really apply because it is not something you can control) they want to achieve. Then, they come back to the present and determine the kinds of things they must do or not do to achieve their desired futures. Everything they do in the short term is consistent with where they want to end up just beyond the short term. They also are well aware that their desired future may not come into existence for which the implications are vast.

Very nice... I'm feeling what you are saying here...

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 am

Just like the X axis title says. What size reversal happens most often just before a 60pip or more reversal in the opposite direction:

2 = 20 pips, 3 = 30 pips, etc. for the X axis

Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:28 am

So if you see 2, 3 or 4 boxes right into supply/demand...
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

For those that have the Excel version, this is all you need to produce the above chart:

=IF(COUNTA(V5:V150)>=6,COUNTA(U5:U150),"")

And then you just do a COUNTIF for 2s, 3s, 4s, etc....
Life is just a journey

Return to “TheRumpledOne”