Nothing

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 pm

bredin wrote:Consider the single example of shifting the start time of H1 candles by, say, 11.5 minutes. Would (or should) that make the slightest difference?

If it doesnt, then why get hung up on any particular tf, or even method?

G.

Very interesting!

I've extracted hourly data (OHLC) from EURUSD tick data in the standard EST Time Zone:

and in "Bredin" Time Zone so to say:

How can be validated/falsified this hypothesis?

Some preliminary indicators:

Average range (High-Low) in EST Time Zone: 24.75474 pips
Average range (High-Low) in "Bredin" Time Zone: 24.80316 pips
Median range (High-Low) in EST Time Zone: 34 pips
Median range (High-Low) in "Bredin" Time Zone: 29.4 pips

Cheers

Francisco

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Michael Hans

Postby Michael Hans » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 am

PebbleTrader wrote:"This thread is also about generating ideas about things that may not yet exist... "

Can you read? It said this "Thread" is about generating ideas that may not yet exist.

1) Wetting your pants merely because someone points out the obvious is not very mature at all.

2) Wetting your pants merely because someone uses humor to point out the obvious in your posts is not very mature at all.

What you are attempting to describe can be done using Fast Fourier Transforms and Multi-Range Fibonacci Channels. FFT against MRFC would highlight the cyclical nature of price and the dynamic tendencies of the price structure.

But, of course, since I'm too dumb to be able to read what you wrote - I'm probably also too dumb to explain the rest to you in terms that make sense. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

BTW - I thought the RAT Method was all the rage on the web. Why would such a forum be going "down hill?" Why not just take the RAT Method and push it to highest heights, given its acclaimed status in the online trading community. Heck, that's what brought me here - "Never Lose Again."

Market Volatility Maps relative to Time, Market Volatility Profiles relative to Time, or Volume Footprints relative to Time (or, by any other name for that matter), all suffer from the same exact problem: They are ALL trailing edge indications of market behavior, no matter how cute the graphs get, or how much "color" you remove from the chart.

If you really want to be on the profitable edge of price, then you have go do some homework on Harmonic Ratios. It is one of the precious few truly Leading Edge logical structures in existence for trading the markets.

While I do appreciate the energy you bring to this thread, the nice pictures and the willingness to share your findings in places like the "Traders Round Table" and/or "II" - you really do need to mature a little in your replies. The same can also be said for the knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) reactors that unnecessarily came to your defense, where no defense was needed (typically online "groupie" behavior).

If you want to be in the edge of price, knowing where it goes "next" and being in position before the rest of the market gets there, then having a deep understanding of Harmonic Ratio Structures and the Cyclical Nature of the Price Structure, will do a lot more for you in the long-run.

And, you are correct. It is very rare to actually come across somebody that has researched, developed, tested, optimized and vetted actual new ideas in trading. That much, I am fully aware of. ;)

Michael Hans

Postby Michael Hans » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 am

frang0nve wrote:Average range (High-Low) in EST Time Zone: 24.75474 pips
Average range (High-Low) in "Bredin" Time Zone: 24.80316 pips
Median range (High-Low) in EST Time Zone: 34 pips
Median range (High-Low) in "Bredin" Time Zone: 29.4 pips

Francisco

The subject is Magnitude. The problem is that such studies are always Non-Directional by logical extension. The High-Low Range averages are extremely important, but not for the reasons most traders believe. That is because most traders stop at calculating just the H/L Range and they fail to extend the calculation to include the Speed at which the H/L Range is expanding and/or contracting over "t" Time.

Knowing that there is an average of 24.75 pips in one dimension and 24.80 pips in another dimension is pointless, absent some kind of "inertial referencing point" relative to the Rate of Change in the H/L deltas themselves. A proper look at Cycle Analysis of such range data would improve your understanding of the subject matter.

The ONLY thing this type of research will be good for in the long-run, is helping you better understand the Time of Day that contain the highest probability for market movement and not market direction.

Magnitude, is very important. However, it is but one (1) of five (5) key components that must be integrated together into a cohesive whole, before any real understanding of the technical causation for market behavior will truly be at your command.

Of course, I'm just a troll who can't read, so what the heck would I possibly know about any of these technical matters anyway.

Michael Hans

Postby Michael Hans » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 am

No kidding ST! You were truly 10 years ahead of most. ;)

Wow.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”