NLA 5 years later

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:42 pm

aliassmith wrote:A good video that most traders should learn about... The most important trading system video ever: http://youtu.be/023DOvzwxms

I wouldn't say it was the most important one ever one ever just an extremely basic lesson in expectancy and probability: neither of which are of any use until you have a significant, forward tested sample size to run through a monte carlo sim, after which you can know your: probability of going bust, expected draw etc etc

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:55 pm

aliassmith wrote:A good video that most traders should learn about... The most important trading system video ever: http://youtu.be/023DOvzwxms

Thanks Aliassmith

That is a really nice example of "Statistics for Dummies"

It may explain why people jump into something new without giving what their actually working on a chance
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:32 pm

newscalper wrote:

I wouldn't say it was the most important one ever one ever just an extremely basic lesson in expectancy and probability: neither of which are of any use until you have a significant, forward tested sample size to run through a monte carlo sim, after which you can know your: probability of going bust, expected draw etc etc

It's not the name i gave it, but it is useful to know if you are on the right side of the math. FuturesTrader71: The Holy Grail - Expectancy & Ha?: http://youtu.be/6qkzPYIxonI

I like how futurestrader71 teaches it.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Double

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 am

TOTALLY wish I had something good to add to the convo... :cry:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:04 am

Jalarupa wrote:This one's for MO...

Short term Cones and Pennants...

Okay last one till someone else says something... :|

Its like having a map into the future...

Don't know how accurate the fractal observation is, but last time I managed to nail it before the ECB Presser... Let's wait and see...

:smt065

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:29 am

This one's for those who are interested (seeing as its the ECB show today, let me show you the fractal I observed last time Draghi managed to talk down the EURO and create this negative interest rates expectation that the market has been going wild about all month...

So this was the fractal leading into the day, the fact that the ECB placed interest rate changes on hold prompted a move high (as those who were trading that day will recollect -c'mon it was only a month ago ;) )

Imagine what it must be like to know what Draghi was going to do before [s]anyone else[/s] anyone other than his inner circle and their friends...?

As I watched this unfold, I was afraid... very afraid...

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Another good video from Futurestrader71 Risk, Scaling, Probabilities and Trade Management http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_dYsUnoiLI

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 am

"As I watched this unfold, I was afraid... very afraid..."

Afraid of what??
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:23 am

I was afraid that one day I may be successful and all the changes that come with such success...

Its scary to think that your life may be completely different in 5 years from now, where now money is such a important commodity for survival, to one where money is so readily accessible that it becomes a afterthought and not a focus...

I don't need a lot to survive and don't want to be stinking rich, I like to keep things simple,

When I see how 'easy' (I say this with the deepest respect) some traders make this profession I get worried, I donno its almost like I feel that its not possible for me to get to that level, so that is also a worry...

And if I ever get that good, then the worry will be things like the NSA and Black Helicopters...

I don't know if any of this makes any sense but that's the head space I am in right now...

Return to “TheRumpledOne”