Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:12 pm

ah well.. I've tried and tried to do my part in backing you up tro, sorry I've had enough rubbish from those who don't actually read what I'm saying. It's like I post, then they bring up the same argument, just worded differently in which I've answered in the last post.. It is impossible to get through to them. I'm done trying. I'll just stick to improving my own trading.

Maybe I should just stop reading those threads from t2w. I'm the type of person who gets worked up about stupid s**t and incompetence that I have to read. So probably better off just letting it be.

You should add those to the ignore list. And continue your posting and putting the thread back on topic, ignoring those nuisances. Maybe I just want you to do that just so it will get under their skin =]

good luck with it.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Bro, I just post results from my live accounts. Let them squirm, argue, or whatever. Facts are facts. Maybe if I feel like I'll post my account details. But I bet you anything, that even thought they see a 99% win ratio, multi-digit account increase etc etc they will just say that it is all fabricated. Don't care, cause there are readers that do want to try. Those are the ones that email me on the side.. and I give them as much help as possible.

Fight the good fight..... never ever give up
Jess

pierre23 wrote:ah well.. I've tried and tried to do my part in backing you up tro, sorry I've had enough rubbish from those who don't actually read what I'm saying. It's like I post, then they bring up the same argument, just worded differently in which I've answered in the last post.. It is impossible to get through to them. I'm done trying. I'll just stick to improving my own trading.

Maybe I should just stop reading those threads from t2w. I'm the type of person who gets worked up about stupid s**t and incompetence that I have to read. So probably better off just letting it be.

You should add those to the ignore list. And continue your posting and putting the thread back on topic, ignoring those nuisances. Maybe I just want you to do that just so it will get under their skin =]

good luck with it.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Yes, I've tried that. I can work however you need to apply "black box" logic into the code. That is... the code must learn from it's data and results in order to make the appropriate entries and exits. Or, the program needs to think and see like a human does. LOL. Seriously, I had discussed it with some of my work partners and they indicated that that would be a possible solution.

So for now the best approach is for YOU to be at the helm. The current logic that MT4 contains is too precise and because of that it will miss many many observations that only a human can articulate.

PEACE
Jess

Forget the indicators, use your eyes to SEE what price is doing.[/quote]

Have you ever tried to automate the buyzone setup into a strategy/system ?
It must be possible to program the buyzone strategy into a very profitable trading system.
I understand that within such a system one needs to apply rules for taking profits at certain levels.
I am just playing with this thought right now.[/quote]

theperfectsun

Postby theperfectsun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:38 pm

razorboy wrote:In the donational batch of indicators, there is a one that shows the pivot points as brown and yellow dots. you can do this without the pivot points being plotted by just eye balling it and probably do just as well if not better (or simply use the tro sr ss or dynamic fib plug instead - has all the same information - the go long and go short lines - the only thing i really do differently is that I will only enter on a new candle opens where it should, I wont pull the trigger on a candle that just passes the points while it is active)

Stop loss is really important for me. I see that TRO's BZ (sorry, just realized it was the Horizontal line approach they were talking about) is getting slagged by some other who are trying to automate the system. I dont have much experience with it so I can't comment, but based own collection of data using the TRO DYN FIBS, if you always enter when you get a signal and get out once support/res lines start forming (using a 21 pt SL) you will make money, but you have to play 24 hours a day as you never know when your entry is going to be. Not having any coding experience, I do not know how to code it for MT. I tried this approach and found that the biggest moves we when I wasnt around to play.

Thanks for making it easy for me, I know I can do it.

As for your aproach, I will try it as you described, but we are still talking about bounce of supp or res. lines. So you enter on a bounce if a new candle (max 2 candles after supp or res has been made) opens bellow or above Supp. res. pivot point of the candle making it. I have been using this as well, My SL is 20 pips, but I got hit very offten. And since I dont trade break of supp.res. it is hard for me to know, when really supp. or res. is forming.
Sometimes you have candle going up, making new high and new resistance, than new candle forms under pivot point and you go short. But soon after the same candle goes up even further. This is where I loose. And then I say to my self, great is a break of resistance let's go long. And than it turns, lol, so I loose twice. I will not give back more than 20 pips.
I am trying gu,ej and eu with this.... And you know how many times this happens? Just going on and on in the same direction, and you just going short and candles are green, lol.... If you check the charts there are a lot of candles opened below the pivot point of the candle making it, but the trend continues in the same way...that is my problem....

It would be interesting to hear maybe somebody who is successful with this trading style, how does he or she make it. You, xmess7, dragon33...

I would not recommend this to anyone yet, since it is making me loosing.
Except if you have some other idea...
thank you

Good luck to you all!

www.elegance.si
www.befxtrader.com

willkohsg

Postby willkohsg » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:43 pm

hey pierre23,

maybe we should just focus on your trading and making pips yeah :)
i'm just like u , too much negatively makes me mad. >.<

dont worry about them pple at t2w side,
let them drama mamas scream and shout for all we care~
after 1 week
after 2 weeks..

maybe after a month of proving them wrong and TRO is right
they'll still be skeptical..

skeptics will still be skeptics
whiners will still be whiners

i'm sure TRO has really got nothing to prove to them but
i guess he's patient enough to show them that he genuinuely cares about teaching and sharing with new traders :)

let's focus on improving our horizontal line trading meanwhile :D

**sidenote: i want to thank xmess aka jess here for helping me throughout this while with his emails, i'm one of those that email him on the side hee :)

have a gd weekend guys :) be back in trading in 2 weeks time
( exams period for me )

Regards,
William Koh

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm

theperfectsun wrote:
razorboy wrote:In the donational batch of indicators, there is a one that shows the pivot points as brown and yellow dots. you can do this without the pivot points being plotted by just eye balling it and probably do just as well if not better (or simply use the tro sr ss or dynamic fib plug instead - has all the same information - the go long and go short lines - the only thing i really do differently is that I will only enter on a new candle opens where it should, I wont pull the trigger on a candle that just passes the points while it is active)

Stop loss is really important for me. I see that TRO's BZ (sorry, just realized it was the Horizontal line approach they were talking about) is getting slagged by some other who are trying to automate the system. I dont have much experience with it so I can't comment, but based own collection of data using the TRO DYN FIBS, if you always enter when you get a signal and get out once support/res lines start forming (using a 21 pt SL) you will make money, but you have to play 24 hours a day as you never know when your entry is going to be. Not having any coding experience, I do not know how to code it for MT. I tried this approach and found that the biggest moves we when I wasnt around to play.

Thanks for making it easy for me, I know I can do it.

As for your aproach, I will try it as you described, but we are still talking about bounce of supp or res. lines. So you enter on a bounce if a new candle (max 2 candles after supp or res has been made) opens bellow or above Supp. res. pivot point of the candle making it. I have been using this as well, My SL is 20 pips, but I got hit very offten. And since I dont trade break of supp.res. it is hard for me to know, when really supp. or res. is forming.
Sometimes you have candle going up, making new high and new resistance, than new candle forms under pivot point and you go short. But soon after the same candle goes up even further. This is where I loose. And then I say to my self, great is a break of resistance let's go long. And than it turns, lol, so I loose twice. I will not give back more than 20 pips.
I am trying gu,ej and eu with this.... And you know how many times this happens? Just going on and on in the same direction, and you just going short and candles are green, lol.... If you check the charts there are a lot of candles opened below the pivot point of the candle making it, but the trend continues in the same way...that is my problem....

It would be interesting to hear maybe somebody who is successful with this trading style, how does he or she make it. You, xmess7, dragon33...

I would not recommend this to anyone yet, since it is making me loosing.
Except if you have some other idea...

I only play between the dots - watch the relation of any open candle and the pivot point of the prior candle. Then watch the relationship between the candle that makes the support and/or resistance line and the candles that follow it.........and watch the pivot point.
In my approach, I am not looking for long runs of profit - just scalp, so my SL is usually the mid point of the candle that made the resistance or support line. Only use at 20 pip stop loss if you are prepared to ride the trend for a bit and can play 24 hours a day.

Here is a quick project for you.

Open up a chart and count the number of times price went up when a new candle opened above the pivot point created by the prior candle. Then count the number of times price fell when the new bar opened below the pivot point of the prior candle.

Then redo this little project only focusing on action around support and resistance lines. get an idea of how far a candle will move against your position if it has opened in the right spot relative to a pivot point

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:33 pm

brown/burgundy dots are the pivot points of the previous 5 minute candle, pink dots are the mid points of the previous 5 minute candle.

Watch what happens when a bar opens above a pivot point and what happens when it opens below a pivot.

Use the MP as a stop loss

Remember nothing is perfect
Attachments
pivots.jpeg
pivots
pivots.jpeg (166 KiB) Viewed 5590 times

Sweet Pip

Postby Sweet Pip » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:22 pm

pierre23 wrote:ah well.. I've tried and tried to do my part in backing you up tro, sorry I've had enough rubbish from those who don't actually read what I'm saying. It's like I post, then they bring up the same argument, just worded differently in which I've answered in the last post.. It is impossible to get through to them. I'm done trying. I'll just stick to improving my own trading.

good luck with it.

Hi Pierre,
Yes I've put them all on my ignore list...it really does eliminate the litter when trying to read thru the thread..lol

And yes you should too. I've read your posts and no matter how logical & rational they are, they're choosing to ignore that and are just picking "no see-ems" out of thin air to rattle you. Don't let them do that to you!

Remember, "DONT FEED THE TROLLS"!

Let TRO deal with them...he's doing fine. The only thing we can do is stay on topic, post up some charts and/or segments of our trades history (which may or may not include some losing trades for honesty sake)...and leave it at that.

:)
It's not always about getting what you want...it's wanting what you've got!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:28 pm

xmess7 wrote:Bro, I just post results from my live accounts. Let them squirm, argue, or whatever. Facts are facts. Maybe if I feel like I'll post my account details. But I bet you anything, that even thought they see a 99% win ratio, multi-digit account increase etc etc they will just say that it is all fabricated. Don't care, cause there are readers that do want to try. Those are the ones that email me on the side.. and I give them as much help as possible.

Fight the good fight..... never ever give up
Jess

good luck with it.

Post the Q & A in the forums so all may benefit.

Just ignore those who have nothing positive to add to the discussion.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

theperfectsun

Postby theperfectsun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 pm

I only play between the dots - watch the relation of any open candle and the pivot point of the prior candle. Then watch the relationship between the candle that makes the support and/or resistance line and the candles that follow it.........and watch the pivot point.
In my approach, I am not looking for long runs of profit - just scalp, so my SL is usually the mid point of the candle that made the resistance or support line. Only use at 20 pip stop loss if you are prepared to ride the trend for a bit and can play 24 hours a day.

Based on the chart you attached, as far as I can see you usually take the second candle after the one making supp. or resistance, and your stop is very small. The mid point of previous candle, you can get kicked out almost every time. Candels do turn to retest the area or support or resistance, so you are kicked out...,

Look at your chart, I rounded with red the trades you would be kicked out, and with green the successful ones.. Is this correct?

Do you trade the brake of a support or resistance?
Attachments
pivots_170.jpg
pivots_170.jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
thank you

Good luck to you all!

www.elegance.si

www.befxtrader.com

Return to “TheRumpledOne”