Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 pm

NO. Some people can't be reached.

I think UKtradergirl, zupcon, rols, JTrader and a few others have nothing better to do than pester me over on www.tread2win.com
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mo

Postby Mo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

Hey,

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!

Last week I traded live, first day made $600, second day first trade $300 then HELL loss about 1K. Thurs loss 2k, was trading a full lot.... WHY???? emotions, didnt trade the charts, didnt follow the rules (money management), volatility was high wed and thurs and I didnt down size, my losses grew fast and got out only to see it turn, had the right idea but wrong entry.... stupid trades in the middle of the range, not smart...

So maybe it was a blessing, start small and work my way up, build my confidence and disciplined.

mo

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 am

dragon33 wrote:
pierre23 wrote:Congrats mate, well done! $609 not bad for 4 hours work =]

I see you have a standard account - can I ask how much your starting balance was?

I didn't follow the risk-reward ratio, since one trade I was risking all my profits for the day

I suggest you ALWAYS follow your money management rules, don't forget, you might think "oh I should be alright to risk a little more here" or be over confident on a trade, BUT don't forget, this is forex after all, your trade could turn against you at any moment and that could lead to massive losses.

Are you using MB Trading as your broker? From what I recall they charge something like $6.00 commission for a round trip on a standard lot.

Well done again. Hope you keep it up =]

MB trading is $5 on each site (in & out) for a standard lot. For a mini its $0.5.

I've been suggested to use ATCbrokers. They offer MT4, are ECN, and have $4 in and $4 out of a trade for $100K traded.

Anyone know abou them?

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 am

Anyone...
Do you know how to eliminate those symbols?
In objects list they appear with the name "rec1, rec2 and rec3".
Tryed to delete them but appear again after some seconds.

Any help?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
image2.gif
image2.gif (25.47 KiB) Viewed 4354 times

razorboy

Has anyone ever noticed

Postby razorboy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:27 am

what happens to the first and/or second green 5 m candle that opens above the pivot point of the candle that formed the support line - or the reverse situation bouncing off of resistance. (using the dynamic fibs)

Almost regardless of H1 and D1 color

Enter it as soon as it opens as long as it is above/below the relevant pivot point............and watch.

And you can back test.........just scroll back on your charts.........watch the price action. Write down the highs and lows of that first candle.

Tricky part is the stop loss.........

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:02 am

cfabian wrote:Anyone...
Do you know how to eliminate those symbols?
In objects list they appear with the name "rec1, rec2 and rec3".
Tryed to delete them but appear again after some seconds.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Yes.

Change the input UseMSLineDrawFont to TRUE if false or FALSE if true.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:43 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:NO. Some people can't be reached.

I think UKtradergirl, zupcon, rols, JTrader and a few others have nothing better to do than pester me over on www.tread2win.com

Well I am posting real live trades. They can rant all about backtesting and future testing and create EAs and all of their "wise" technical stuff but nothing beats the facts of live trades.
They even created a separate thread where they are backtesting and all that practice stuff on the EA. I went in there and recommended that they include live trades cause we all know that practice aint the same as live.

Like I said I will continue to post live trades. I may even show my account statement just for the hec of it. But like you say, they are probably just in the pesterring mode and don't care for any other results or etc.

Guys head on over to babypips and check out the trade I made with no indicators. I am trading naked LOL...

willkohsg

Postby willkohsg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:16 pm

great trading xmess!! i just saw ur thread post in bp.. :)

i made 2 live trades today too.. grabbed +10 pips on both..
left many many pips on the table but i'm happy with 20 pips :D

hmm is it me or something is wrong with my broker's platform.. i'm up +10 pips and when i wan to close the trade the platform freeze!! :(
trying to log in again.. :(

update: closed it for 2.4 pips.. it was +25 pips! (gasp) now i know i should put my take profit levels when i set a sell stop =/

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Avery,

Looks like the hornets are in full force at Trade 2 lose :P

What I see time and time again in these treads is that the onus is on the original thread starter to "prove" that this methodology works. Only the lazy and the indecent operate this way. I have always tested and "proved" everything to myself whether it be my own other other people's systems. Instead they look at 1 or 2 trades and go - no way this could never work!

Also it looks like miles of "B.S. Backtesting" have been incorporated. I mean MT4's EAs are about as reliable as using a kleenex for a hang glider. Even TS has better backtesting! Between the totally unreliable backtesting engine, the specious (I mean downright horrendous) data, poor if any limit order fill engine, and the odious misunderstandings of the wannabe programmer who tested it - it's truly no wonder that one might have reasonable doubt about it's results.

Oddly enough, simulated backtesting doesn't actually ever make any real money. Funny how many folks forget that. Only real trades = real trades.

I give it about 2 more months before you are perma-banned from Trade 2 lose. Not trying to be negative, just looks like so many other situations...

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

pierre23

Re: Has anyone ever noticed

Postby pierre23 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:06 am

razorboy wrote:what happens to the first and/or second green 5 m candle that opens above the pivot point of the candle that formed the support line - or the reverse situation bouncing off of resistance. (using the dynamic fibs)

Almost regardless of H1 and D1 color

Enter it as soon as it opens as long as it is above/below the relevant pivot point............and watch.

And you can back test.........just scroll back on your charts.........watch the price action. Write down the highs and lows of that first candle.

Tricky part is the stop loss.........

Could you please post a chart and indicate what you mean =]

Also it looks like miles of "B.S. Backtesting" have been incorporated. I mean MT4's EAs are about as reliable as using a kleenex for a hang glider. Even TS has better backtesting! Between the totally unreliable backtesting engine, the specious (I mean downright horrendous) data, poor if any limit order fill engine, and the odious misunderstandings of the wannabe programmer who tested it - it's truly no wonder that one might have reasonable doubt about it's results.

You hit the nail on the head Edward.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”