Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Never Lose Again

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:53 pm

xplsive wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I look for MOMO to cross a "pointy place" off to the left. A line drawn across from there is a Z-Line as I use them. Others use more subtle/complex variants but this works for me and I never felt the need to over-complicate it.

Thank you. MOMO? I assume this means momentum. Momentum can be objectively described? So do YOU mean a larger candle/bar that stands out in relevance to the surrounding price action? (I save myself the question of when is big enough).

And "Pointy place", do you here mean an area to the left where price was moving in a rather small/tight range in relation to the rest of the surrounding price action, or more like a "Pointy Place" where you have hectic price action, candles showing lots of wicks to both sides.

I think if the last reply by TRO isn't meant ironically, just maybe a "zline" might be what other people call as order blocks? So where the big boys place all their orders? I think he still looking for a clear definition on how to bring this into code too :)

With "objectively described" i mean something that could be spotted in some repetitive manual or automated way following the same strict criteria (even by a newbie trader like me).

For MOMO (yes momentum), I am looking for a strong, solid move by price. Can be a single large candle or a steady stack of smaller ones.

A "Pointy Place" is a price turning point, or other significant, obvious level.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xplsive

Postby xplsive » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
For MOMO (yes momentum), I am looking for a strong, solid move by price. Can be a single large candle or a steady stack of smaller ones.

A "Pointy Place" is a price turning point, or other significant, obvious level.

Thank you.
Keep it simple stupid.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:54 pm

PLEASE DO NOT POST THESE INDICATORS ON OTHER FORUMS OR SHARE MY CODE..

LegendofZline

Postby LegendofZline » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:25 pm

@TRO can you explain breakout trades with semafor a bit more?

I see the rules you have shown on the semafor video.

Trade breakout as soon as semafor shows. Or trade reversal. I get the reversal trade but how about the breakout trade how would that setup be like?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 am

LegendofZline wrote:@TRO can you explain breakout trades with semafor a bit more?

I see the rules you have shown on the semafor video.

Trade breakout as soon as semafor shows. Or trade reversal. I get the reversal trade but how about the breakout trade how would that setup be like?

I do not trade semafor breaks. I trade breaks of highs/lows. That's not to say you can't trade a semafor break.

aston10

Postby aston10 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Tro Mid Dots and the lastest video - the recent indicator you sent out does not seem to have the same settings in the custom Indicator Box - (Tro Mid Dots) - Show HlLC seems to be missing -from the indicator custom box - could you please shed some light on this.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm

aston10 wrote:Tro Mid Dots and the lastest video - the recent indicator you sent out does not seem to have the same settings in the custom Indicator Box - (Tro Mid Dots) - Show HlLC seems to be missing -from the indicator custom box - could you please shed some light on this.

I haven't released those versions yet. Stay tuned!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 am

xplsive wrote:Can anyone here give me a clean objective definition of what a zline is, how its drawn and how its traded. If possible in not too hard of a trader slang language. I am a newbie. Looking at all these charts posted seems like everyone´s definition is a bit different. I am also not sure who is the original source of inventing "zline".

Thank for your help.

I had written an extensive explanation. Only to have the site as me to log in again, erasing my explanation. Here's the shorten version:

Z-Line, in my understanding, is the simple breaking of Highs and Lows of the market. In other familiar terms, it's also similar to "stop hunting" and pull back trading back into the Asian range (usually).

Another thing MO stated "Buy where you see buying, sell where you see selling" it doesn't help much but look at a chart, and you'll see how on a Green day, the previous low is attacked, activating short breakout trades, only to have price revert and close Green.

With the Asia session, price will create a range. Usually, in london or a few hours before, that Asia session low or high will be attacked, creating the same effect mentioned previously. ICT calls it "institutional trading." After the attack, or the breaking of a low/high, price reverts, past the other side of the range, and continues, sometimes, coming back to the same range, taking out all the "B/E" traders (zeroed out).

In theory, it works, practice is much harder. Where do you place stop loss, where do you take profit, how do you know what low/high is being attacked???

I think Z-Line, to be traded efficiently, you need to look at ranges well past the asia range. Trading with daily bias, so if price is above open, only buys, and vice versa for sells. Trading the asia range would be difficult, but once price has traveled a good amount, then the odds would increase.

Yen and CHF pairs have good stats on that. Usually once price has travelled 20+ pips in one direction, it's most likely to continue in that direction and close (giving you 30 pips if the range is usually 50). Whereas GBP pairs would travel farther and still have a high chance of closing opposite
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun May 09, 2021 2:06 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
xplsive wrote:Can anyone here give me a clean objective definition of what a zline is, how its drawn and how its traded. If possible in not too hard of a trader slang language. I am a newbie. Looking at all these charts posted seems like everyone´s definition is a bit different. I am also not sure who is the original source of inventing "zline".

Thank for your help.

I had written an extensive explanation. Only to have the site as me to log in again, erasing my explanation. Here's the shorten version:

Z-Line, in my understanding, is the simple breaking of Highs and Lows of the market. In other familiar terms, it's also similar to "stop hunting" and pull back trading back into the Asian range (usually).

Another thing MO stated "Buy where you see buying, sell where you see selling" it doesn't help much but look at a chart, and you'll see how on a Green day, the previous low is attacked, activating short breakout trades, only to have price revert and close Green.

With the Asia session, price will create a range. Usually, in london or a few hours before, that Asia session low or high will be attacked, creating the same effect mentioned previously. ICT calls it "institutional trading." After the attack, or the breaking of a low/high, price reverts, past the other side of the range, and continues, sometimes, coming back to the same range, taking out all the "B/E" traders (zeroed out).

In theory, it works, practice is much harder. Where do you place stop loss, where do you take profit, how do you know what low/high is being attacked???

I think Z-Line, to be traded efficiently, you need to look at ranges well past the asia range. Trading with daily bias, so if price is above open, only buys, and vice versa for sells. Trading the asia range would be difficult, but once price has traveled a good amount, then the odds would increase.

Yen and CHF pairs have good stats on that. Usually once price has travelled 20+ pips in one direction, it's most likely to continue in that direction and close (giving you 30 pips if the range is usually 50). Whereas GBP pairs would travel farther and still have a high chance of closing opposite

That's a nice observation re the Yen and Swissie.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”