Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree......i just like the confirmation of an MA cross - it is like a warm fluffy stuffed animal that keeps me warm at night :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 pm

Say for example you get a reversal at the end of a very very long green H1, you can get a significant drop in price before H1 goes red. Entering this trade put you "against the candle".

I use the 60 minute MA on the 5 minute chart so i can see the trend over the hour without flipping back and forth between charts

Besides I have seen you put a squiggle or two on a chart:)

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO DASHBOARD HL TREND

The statistics tells us when to expect a reversal - after 3 or more like colored bars in a row.

But the PRICE tells us when the reversal is actually happening.

Higher Highs/Lows = Up reversal

Lower Highs/Lows = Down reversal.

TRO DASHBOARD HL TREND (donational indicator) displays the trend for the pairs for the time frame.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm

SQUIGGLY?

Not for trading... only for selecting.

Let's stay ON TOPIC!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 am

Hi folks,

I was getting annoyed with manually re-plotting my hourly open line all of the time, so I made a tool that does it for me.

Happy trading :D
Attachments
SP_openline.zip
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
"If any man can convince me... ...that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search after truth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance." - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:02 am

Thats cool =]

But have you tried TRO's Custom Candle which is good for showing any higher time frame on a lower one? Works a charm =]

edit: it doesn't display the opening hourly price though.. if that's what you're specifically after.

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 am

I seem to be catching a lot of losing trades lately, but even when I was doing ok the results where far far below dragon or Al Mo.

This makes me think that I could be using the indicator incorrectly - or possibly that I am taking profits too quickly (3-5 pips) and that can't keep up with the 20 pip losses that i get.

Example;
On this chart I would be waiting to enter short at the blue dots, or long(scalp against D1 colour) at the green line - which is where the hourly candle will change colour.

Is this correct?

Help me Obiwan Kenobi - your're my only hope :cry:
"If any man can convince me... ...that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search after truth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance." - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 am

pierre23 wrote:Thats cool =]

But have you tried TRO's Custom Candle which is good for showing any higher time frame on a lower one? Works a charm =]

edit: it doesn't display the opening hourly price though.. if that's what you're specifically after.

Hey pierre,

I have Custom Candle, and I do use it frequently. It's a great indicator.
In this case I just wanted something very simple that didn't make my charts too 'busy' and with the option of having a price tag .

Cheers

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:02 am

Managed to squeeze 15 pips out of a long trade this time. Could have had a lot more, but I didn't want to be too greedy trading against D1. This is really great, and I am happy about it but I just can't seem to be consistent.

I must say that I feel I haven't really seen the 'IT' that everyone constantly refers to. If I had seen IT then I would be getting comparable results. But I'm not - even after weeks of reading the threads over and over and over again, looking over all of the charts for little clues. Maybe I am just stupid and can't see the forest for the trees?

I really wish that soemone would just tell me what the "IT" is...then I could start digging myself out of this hole and put a smile back where it used to be once upon a time...

Pipsun

Postby Pipsun » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 am

Maybe your stop loss is to big, i set mine to 5 pips above or below depending if it resistance or support. The trade is either going your way or not or stalling.

pierre23

Postby pierre23 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 am

Can I ask what indi the white dots are (the tunnel)? I recall a post by Dragon saying NOT to trade when that tunnel is "flat horizontal".. see the link:
http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-mone ... n-197.html

Pierre.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”