Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:34 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052

:^o

lol

i tend to win all of my arguments as well

but

i can also take a loser

In a Dr. Phil CD set I've got he tells a story about a father and son who were embattled with each other because of their differences....The father was a ex-marine, the son was much more laid back. He was also the star point guard for the high school basket ball team....He died during a game and the father was crushed for all the years he was "right" but never happy with his sons lackadaisical lifestyle.
My house, my rules, my way or highway.

Dr. phils point, Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy.

Same way when winning an argument with a woman.
Have you "really" won?

In trading,
Do you want win, or do you want to be free??

lol

that's probably why i have yet to marry
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 am

Braathen wrote:Hi pablo!

Thanks for your insight and would just like to add my idea of a hard stop is a worst case scenario SL.. i will generally get out when 5 or 15m candle closes against me.. my avg loss is about 6-15 pips.. i picked 30 as my extreme because its made my MM like i want it

400$
risk 4% = 16$
30 SL at .50$ = 15$
I might wanna change this i dont know but atm i guess im focusing more on the market and entries exits compared to MM
and i generally try to aim for 20+ runs atm.. i should have held my EU short yesterday a few more minutes ^^

PS. I dont know if im seeing IT.. but i believe very firmly that soon i will see my own version of IT ;)

:)!
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 am

es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052

:^o

lol

but

i can also take a loser

In a Dr. Phil CD set I've got he tells a story about a father and son who were embattled with each other because of their differences....The father was a ex-marine, the son was much more laid back. He was also the star point guard for the high school basket ball team....He died during a game and the father was crushed for all the years he was "right" but never happy with his sons lackadaisical lifestyle.
My house, my rules, my way or highway.

Dr. phils point, Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy.

Same way when winning an argument with a woman.
Have you "really" won?

In trading,
Do you want win, or do you want to be free??

lol

that's probably why i have yet to marry

I want to be free too!
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 am

Hey pablo :)

I understand what u mean completly and i will proberbly be changing my MM and SL many times as i get better.. i dunno why i have this 30 pip hard stop in my mind.. mostly its due to avg range x 2.5.. anyway i do apriciate what ur saying and will defently be taking it into account . And nice trading btw :) :)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am

bla bla bla, don't mind me, I'm always spewing rubbish from my mouth :( :)
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:09 pm

[quote="es/pip]
lol

but

i can also take a loser[/quote]

Trading is about being able to take a (controlled) loss. I developed a
trading method for a friend so he could trade the Asian session.
One of his "rock solid" rules was to never ever, ever move the
stoploss or trailing stop.

During his third trade live he moved his stoploss and lost 72 pips,
from an original 8 pip stop. It comes out to about 3 weeks of
profits to dig out of that mess.

The moral of the story is learn to take a controlled loss, and learn
to take controlled profit, FOR THE WIN!

BTW, his expectation is about 120ish pips a month. As his consistency
and trust grows he will make a living on only 30 pips a week. :wink:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:27 pm

pablo101 wrote:If I remember correctly MO doesn't move SL and holds for the big 100 odd pip moves when he mentions using average range x 2.5 in a trade, which is cool but I've never could stomach holding for + century pips. Still need more learning but still happy at present moment getting consistent pips :)

If you start from H4 and make your marks on H1 and M5 for finetuning it is possible to make 150 pips out of a run of 110 pips. Nobody is telling you you should stay in. What is teached here is to take profit when there is and reentry when you can. The zerolines show you the way.

On this picture the H4 zone tells you that price possibly will turn. What are the first things you should think of to catch a part of the momo. Will i take the BO and what will i target?

On the above picture you can see the BO and reverse lines drawed on the H1. This is for every tmf the same! Do you see how many opportunities there are to enter. You can always target near the H1 zones and watch how price is reacting.

Sorry to zoom out like that but i have the same run on the screen as on the H1. Only you can see the marks with the numbers. This is how it works. If you can not find a setup there isn't one that fits you. Stay out and wait for the right one
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Pema

Postby Pema » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi,

My first post today but i'm reading this thread for a few months.
Dragon teached me lot. Thanks for that !!!!
And TRO,MO, es/pip ...... you are amazing!

I will post soon my trades here also so you can all get me on the road.

:)

jcelano

Another ZLine Charte

Postby jcelano » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 pm

This one is from today using a 30 min and 15 min ZLine - Entered on the 5 min chart just around the 15 min Zline and rode it up to the 30 min for about 38 pips

Please post any comments or critiques :) ES/PIP, MightyOne I would love to know what you think....

EDIT: Sorry my picture is crap - I compressed it in order to fit but went a bit to small...any questions on the chart, just ask....
Attachments
OCTOBERNEW.JPG
OCTOBERNEW.JPG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 5005 times

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 pm

dragon33 wrote:
pablo101 wrote:If I remember correctly MO doesn't move SL and holds for the big 100 odd pip moves when he mentions using average range x 2.5 in a trade, which is cool but I've never could stomach holding for + century pips. Still need more learning but still happy at present moment getting consistent pips :)

If you start from H4 and make your marks on H1 and M5 for finetuning it is possible to make 150 pips out of a run of 110 pips. Nobody is telling you you should stay in. What is teached here is to take profit when there is and reentry when you can. The zerolines show you the way.

On this picture the H4 zone tells you that price possibly will turn. What are the first things you should think of to catch a part of the momo. Will i take the BO and what will i target?

On the above picture you can see the BO and reverse lines drawed on the H1. This is for every tmf the same! Do you see how many opportunities there are to enter. You can always target near the H1 zones and watch how price is reacting.

Sorry to zoom out like that but i have the same run on the screen as on the H1. Only you can see the marks with the numbers. This is how it works. If you can not find a setup there isn't one that fits you. Stay out and wait for the right one

Thanks Dragon that was a very helpful mini tutorial....cleared up a couple of things for me!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”