Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

razorboy

Do H1 and D1 color really matter.

Postby razorboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:09 am

Just wanted to throw this idea out there, that maybe isnt the color of H1 and D1 that dictate your trade strategy, but rather current price relative to a simple 60 minute moving average.

One of the issues I have had is that I find with the Never Lose Again approach is that I often miss half or more of the move waiting for the candle colors to support my trades. (although I have become very good at spotting entries) I started to wonder why. I tend to use TRO's dynamic fibs, but couldnt figure out why things didnt always go my way

So I spent the night just watching the movement of price relative to a 60 minute moving average. What i found that it wasn't simply the bounce off of a support or resistance line that signified a change in trend, but when price crossed a simple 60 minute moving average after it bounced. If it didnt cross the moving average (defined as two bars of the same color, opening and closing on either side of the MA), then there would be no change in the over all trend ( you can see this near the 1.2589 mark - where a green bar closed over MA, but the following bar was red. I found that the H1 candle often did not change until halfway into the trend

The initial buy or sell signals often (pricing moving beyond the pivot point of a high or low) occur against the candle, yet this is the beginning of the big ride.

While it seems the price over the last 60 minutes seems important, The formal organization of time in discreet units, such as minutes and hours, is as far as price trend goes, arbitrary and therefore just going by the color of the candles can cause a few issues and frustration.....or maybe just me....(it always possible, I often miss the obvious......ask my wife)

Not sure if anyone noticed this or actually knew this explicitly. Would love to hear your thoughts and input

I have included a picture to illustrate it. Would love input. I'm not knocking TRO's system or approach, just trying to make it work better for myself by dissecting it

Josh
Attachments
MA.jpg
MA.jpg (189.88 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

razorboy

Yes, color candle matters

Postby razorboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 pm

The more and more I thought about it, you obviously can get the same information out of the candles, making sure you look at lowest low and highest high sort of stuff and entering trades on the second candle that is the same color as the one before it - it captures the trend.

When the colors of two candles differ, you can pick up the trend buy looking at the low and high points

Didnt want anyone to think i was slagging TRO

Blinded by flashes of the obvious

xmess7

Re: Do H1 and D1 color really matter.

Postby xmess7 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Bro,

Try this

Stoch(5,3,3)
RSI(5)

And just observe how it coordinates (most of the time) with price action and momentum...

Jess

razorboy wrote:Just wanted to throw this idea out there, that maybe isnt the color of H1 and D1 that dictate your trade strategy, but rather current price relative to a simple 60 minute moving average.

One of the issues I have had is that I find with the Never Lose Again approach is that I often miss half or more of the move waiting for the candle colors to support my trades. (although I have become very good at spotting entries) I started to wonder why. I tend to use TRO's dynamic fibs, but couldnt figure out why things didnt always go my way

So I spent the night just watching the movement of price relative to a 60 minute moving average. What i found that it wasn't simply the bounce off of a support or resistance line that signified a change in trend, but when price crossed a simple 60 minute moving average after it bounced. If it didnt cross the moving average (defined as two bars of the same color, opening and closing on either side of the MA), then there would be no change in the over all trend ( you can see this near the 1.2589 mark - where a green bar closed over MA, but the following bar was red. I found that the H1 candle often did not change until halfway into the trend

The initial buy or sell signals often (pricing moving beyond the pivot point of a high or low) occur against the candle, yet this is the beginning of the big ride.

While it seems the price over the last 60 minutes seems important, The formal organization of time in discreet units, such as minutes and hours, is as far as price trend goes, arbitrary and therefore just going by the color of the candles can cause a few issues and frustration.....or maybe just me....(it always possible, I often miss the obvious......ask my wife)

Not sure if anyone noticed this or actually knew this explicitly. Would love to hear your thoughts and input

I have included a picture to illustrate it. Would love input. I'm not knocking TRO's system or approach, just trying to make it work better for myself by dissecting it

Josh

xmess7

Re: Hi 4Stroke

Postby xmess7 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Hey Al, Do you have any issues with MT4 displaying arrows under Linux?

I get different symbols myself. I see the same issue when I enter the MetaEditor. I see wierd symbols. You can still edit the file and recompile but if you make a mistake you on editing the text can't tell what the hec it is.
Plus do you find that you cannot change the input values of an indicator? I have to open the mq4 code in a text editor makes changes go back the MetaEditor and compile.

Let me know if you have resolved some of these things.
Thnx
Jess

razorboy

FXCM micro

Postby razorboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Any of you characters use this platform? Any issues with it? I have had a few, but just wondering if it just me

would love to compare notes privately if you have - dont want to get charged with slander or libel

Al Mo

Postby Al Mo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:14 pm

xmess7 wrote:Hey Al, Do you have any issues with MT4 displaying arrows under Linux?

I get different symbols myself. I see the same issue when I enter the MetaEditor. I see wierd symbols. You can still edit the file and recompile but if you make a mistake you on editing the text can't tell what the hec it is.
Plus do you find that you cannot change the input values of an indicator? I have to open the mq4 code in a text editor makes changes go back the MetaEditor and compile.

Thnx
Jess

Hi Jess,

I had the same problem...found out that you have to have the Wingdings font put in

Here are the directions (taken from the mql4 site)

FYI.
1. To show arrows and other symbols, you have to install

wingding.ttf
Simply copy that file to your windows' font folder. Usually it is

~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/

I found that font on some free site via google.

As for the values - hitting 'F2' on the field *generally* works. Some things I have never been able to correct, such as being able to add "%$" on the fib retracement tool to have it return the price rather than the Fib level. It does however work for most indicators.

xmess7

Postby xmess7 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Thnx for the info Al.

I'll check my system when I get home, but I think I was able to display the price on the fib levels with %$. I'll let you know.

Jess

Al Mo wrote:
xmess7 wrote:Hey Al, Do you have any issues with MT4 displaying arrows under Linux?

Thnx
Jess

Hi Jess,

I had the same problem...found out that you have to have the Wingdings font put in

Here are the directions (taken from the mql4 site)

FYI.
1. To show arrows and other symbols, you have to install

wingding.ttf
Simply copy that file to your windows' font folder. Usually it is

~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/

I found that font on some free site via google.

As for the values - hitting 'F2' on the field *generally* works. Some things I have never been able to correct, such as being able to add "%$" on the fib retracement tool to have it return the price rather than the Fib level. It does however work for most indicators.

xmess7

Re: FXCM micro

Postby xmess7 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:46 pm

razorboy wrote:Any of you characters use this platform? Any issues with it? I have had a few, but just wondering if it just me

would love to compare notes privately if you have - dont want to get charged with slander or libel

I use it. Only problem I have had is that I make the mistake of entering a position in the opposite way. In windows you have to select BUY or SELL before hit ENTER. Two times I have found myself make the entry.. and I just click on ENTER... BAD very BAD LOL. Problem is I got use to the BIG BUTTONS that FXACCUCHARTS and METATRADER contain.

In Linux I use the JAVA version. It is a little better. At the least you see the BUY SELL selection right in front of your face. Only problem is that the platform does not do limit entries under. I have petition to get the source code and so I can fix that.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 pm

TRO DASHBOARD HL TREND

The statistics tells us when to expect a reversal - after 3 or more like colored bars in a row.

But the PRICE tells us when the reversal is actually happening.

Higher Highs/Lows = Up reversal

Lower Highs/Lows = Down reversal.

TRO DASHBOARD HL TREND (donational indicator) displays the trend for the pairs for the time frame.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Re: Do H1 and D1 color really matter.

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

xmess7 wrote:Bro,

Try this

Stoch(5,3,3)
RSI(5)

And just observe how it coordinates (most of the time) with price action and momentum...

Jess

razorboy wrote:Just wanted to throw this idea out there, that maybe isnt the color of H1 and D1 that dictate your trade strategy, but rather current price relative to a simple 60 minute moving average.

Josh

PLEASE LET'S NOT CONFUSE THE ISSUE WITH SQUIGGLY LINE INDICATORS.

We do NOT need indicators to trade.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”