Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Even though you guys/gals are now profitable you should sit down to trade with an open mind and a willingness to learn whatever the market has to show you.

The most important thing to remember is that analysis is based on that which is set in stone.
A changing picture is like a moving ladder and you certainly do not want to put your faith in instability.

You do not reach the height of your trading by learning a technical pattern, but through your ability to adapt to changes in the market both now and in the future.

A flexible branch resists being broken...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Re: DRRRRRAAAIIN THE BAAAAAANKS !!!!!

Postby cfabian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Well, H4 momo not very clear with my broker, as compared with this other...

MINE

OTHER

PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:Looks like you pulled out ALL the pips available... congrats!!!!!

Now my questions...

1- What made you see price had turned direction? Look at my charts and you'll see a hell of held profit to the upside, and a significant bullish momo bar.

Thanks. I haven't shown you all the mistakes and stupid errors I've made so far, so please don't overestimate the situation here :wink:

If you look at H4 you could see the price reverse and make a bear momo. That is the time to investigate H1 and look for a short. Higher timeframe is prevalent, that is the direction where held profit is eaten up.

2- I also market that area for a short trade (I was sleeping though) but had I taken it would be aiming that daily line area, expecting a bounce up. But you remained till the last fraction of a pip available there without hesitation.... Why????? What did you see?????

The exit is dictated by the shear force with which the sucker went south and that should warn you that it's better to look for a sensible point to get out on a higher timeframe. In cases like these there is a big mass behind it, like a snowball getting bigger rolling off the mountain, taking away everything in its path :shock:

I see trades like these oftentimes happening in two steps. In fact, one should have stepped out midway to re-enter at a better price and get more..
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

PTG

Postby PTG » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

cfabian wrote:Well, H4 momo not very clear with my broker, as compared with this other...

MINE

OTHER

PTG wrote:

Now my questions...

1- What made you see price had turned direction? Look at my charts and you'll see a hell of held profit to the upside, and a significant bullish momo bar.

Thanks. I haven't shown you all the mistakes and stupid errors I've made so far, so please don't overestimate the situation here :wink:

If you look at H4 you could see the price reverse and make a bear momo. That is the time to investigate H1 and look for a short. Higher timeframe is prevalent, that is the direction where held profit is eaten up.

2- I also market that area for a short trade (I was sleeping though) but had I taken it would be aiming that daily line area, expecting a bounce up. But you remained till the last fraction of a pip available there without hesitation.... Why????? What did you see?????

The exit is dictated by the shear force with which the sucker went south and that should warn you that it's better to look for a sensible point to get out on a higher timeframe. In cases like these there is a big mass behind it, like a snowball getting bigger rolling off the mountain, taking away everything in its path :shock:

I see trades like these oftentimes happening in two steps. In fact, one should have stepped out midway to re-enter at a better price and get more..

Yeah, good observation. I have the same situation with Alpari and MB Trading. In both cases there was H1 bear momo after price reversed on the higher timeframe. That's the one to watch; price didn't go beyond 50% of that candle. If you switch down to M5 you will see that there were was another point where you could have entered, an hour or so later about 3 pips lower only !
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

PTG

Postby PTG » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:35 pm

MightyOne wrote:Even though you guys/gals are now profitable you should sit down to trade with an open mind and a willingness to learn whatever the market has to show you.

The most important thing to remember is that analysis is based on that which is set in stone.
A changing picture is like a moving ladder and you certainly do not want to put your faith in instability.

You do not reach the height of your trading by learning a technical pattern, but through your ability to adapt to changes in the market both now and in the future.

A flexible branch resists being broken...

MO on Forum: TheRumpledOne Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:52 am wrote:The only thing that is set in stone is that I will completely obliterate the competition like nothing that has ever been seen before; if that is not being too modest Laughing

Now I'm :?
Contradictions don't exist 8)

Either:
a) the most important thing is to remember that analysis is based on that which is set in stone, which is that you're going to obliterate the competition etc. etc. :lol: :shock: OR

b) there must be more things set in stone which I would be curious to learn =P~

What is the answer ?

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:01 pm

With you... but damn I didn't look at the other broker's chart this time. Which one provides more accurate signals? Probably no answer for that and we'll have to get used to flip around, or more than that, master the spacial intelligence!!!!!

PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:Well, H4 momo not very clear with my broker, as compared with this other...

MINE

OTHER

PTG wrote:

Now my questions...

Yeah, good observation. I have the same situation with Alpari and MB Trading. In both cases there was H1 bear momo after price reversed on the higher timeframe. That's the one to watch; price didn't go beyond 50% of that candle. If you switch down to M5 you will see that there were was another point where you could have entered, an hour or so later about 3 pips lower only !
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

PTG

Postby PTG » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 pm

But for a few pips here and there price is the same for different brokers. It's a matter of presentation and interpreting in which H4 timeframe window the momo happened, so I suppose that's where Blubbb's custom candles may come in handy as well because you can look for momo :smt117 on different timeframes (including H4) and with various time-offsets. In any case you a) need a reversal and b) momo in the direction of the reversal.

But then again some spacial intellegence might help as well I suppose :D

cfabian wrote:With you... but damn I didn't look at the other broker's chart this time. Which one provides more accurate signals? Probably no answer for that and we'll have to get used to flip around, or more than that, master the spacial intelligence!!!!!

PTG wrote:

MINE

OTHER

PTG wrote:

Now my questions...

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:34 pm

" You do not reach the height of your trading by learning a technical pattern, but through your ability to adapt to changes in the market both now and in the future."

Damn IT =] just as I started planning my retirement (ok, sarcastic here) (being of age 21), MO comes in and ruins it all :-k

So.... we know a technique that has good Risk/Reward ratio, + good % of winning trades. it is based on actual forces that drive the price up and down, up and down, up n down.... no MA crossovers etc.....

say we got the plan, the discipline ( I dont yet=), the technical pattern exploited over and over again.....

WHAT is it that we need to learn in adpating to changes? and most importantly, HOW?

Price will always be trendy or choppy, will always reverse, breaks through or pullbacks.....

the only thing I see change is the volatility....

but what else?

please comment, because I'l never lose the will to learn

foreman01

Postby foreman01 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 pm

cfabian,

What indicator gives you the red and green zones please.

Thanks.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Fxtraveller wrote:" You do not reach the height of your trading by learning a technical pattern, but through your ability to adapt to changes in the market both now and in the future."

Damn IT =] just as I started planning my retirement (ok, sarcastic here) (being of age 21), MO comes in and ruins it all :-k

So.... we know a technique that has good Risk/Reward ratio, + good % of winning trades. it is based on actual forces that drive the price up and down, up and down, up n down.... no MA crossovers etc.....

say we got the plan, the discipline ( I dont yet=), the technical pattern exploited over and over again.....

WHAT is it that we need to learn in adpating to changes? and most importantly, HOW?

Price will always be trendy or choppy, will always reverse, breaks through or pullbacks.....

the only thing I see change is the volatility....

but what else?

please comment, because I'l never lose the will to learn

not speaking for MO by any means

and correct me if i am wrong

i think he is saying, now that you people see the technical pattern you cannot solely rely on it. As the market moves and does what it does you have to adapt to what it is doing not what you think it is going to do based on the pattern.

meaning

trade what you see not what you think

and again

correct that MO if i am in left field
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm

anyone short???

this is insane

sell Mortimer sell!!!!!!
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”