Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:50 pm

It is 100% psychologycal...

Why it happens? Because yes I'm afraid to loose the trade when I have to possibility to close it with profit. Why? Because I've lost so much that it is like when you get bitten by a dog and see one in your direction on the sidewalk, you just manage to cross to the other side, or be ready to kill that bastard at the first bark.

Yes its a matter of build more confidence. As Dragon suggested, is a good start to close a portion of it to secure profit, and let the rest run.

es/pip wrote:
cfabian wrote:Totally agreed, I was like that too...
Now my problem is getting to the other extreme, where letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit...

pablo101 wrote:
lukx wrote:another loosing day:

It sounds like a broken record.

You had some trades in green yet you didn't take profit. Sounds to me like you're holding on for the big moves and .... hope comes in play.

I was like this when I blew my very first account. I had a 'horse racing' mentality. You place a bet because you are absolutely sure that your horse will win and when the race starts, you are screaming and shouting, cheering your horse to run faster. Even when your horse starts faltering, you KNOW it will win. This is hope and when money comes in play you will find you lose it all.

Time for a "REALITY CHECK" lukx. Take smaller moves and be happy with it. Or I'll come over and slap your head (hard if necessary) until it sinks in :lol:

ok

this is interesting because it has to do with 90ish% of trading----emotions and psychology.

you have acknowledged what your problem is---- " letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit"

now that you know that is a problem you can now correct it.

all you have to do is answer WHY, WHAT is causing you to feel that way.

is it fear of losing

fear of giving back profit that u are up in the trade-- if so--- why- what exactly

is the trade size too large for your emotions to handle the ups and downs while it ticks for or against you

or what is the reason.

once you define it and acknowledge it is the cause, then drop your trade size down to an acceptable level and start again. While starting this new increase on your trade size you will be aware of why you started over, the exact reason. Then as you progress through time you will be able to hold your trades while mentally understanding what the cause was and how to fix it in the future. Then knowing that you defined the exact problem and solved it you can move forward---emoitionaly.

The mind is a complex little thing.

you have to detach yourself from the monetary value of money and trade the trade for what it is. It is just a trade. After all the market does not know if you are trading at 1 per pip or 1k per pip. It will do what it does regardless.
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Agreed... that's why I'm here, learning from all the experienced ones!!!!

razorboy wrote:Sounds like someone who doesnt know their stats....or their edge.

This is simpler than knowing the card count in a single deck game of blackjack....you just have to realize it

es/pip wrote:
Now my problem is getting to the other extreme, where letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit...

pablo101 wrote:

You had some trades in green yet you didn't take profit. Sounds to me like you're holding on for the big moves and .... hope comes in play.

I was like this when I blew my very first account. I had a 'horse racing' mentality. You place a bet because you are absolutely sure that your horse will win and when the race starts, you are screaming and shouting, cheering your horse to run faster. Even when your horse starts faltering, you KNOW it will win. This is hope and when money comes in play you will find you lose it all.

Time for a "REALITY CHECK" lukx. Take smaller moves and be happy with it. Or I'll come over and slap your head (hard if necessary) until it sinks in :lol:

ok

this is interesting because it has to do with 90ish% of trading----emotions and psychology.

you have acknowledged what your problem is---- " letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit"

is it fear of losing

fear of giving back profit that u are up in the trade-- if so--- why- what exactly

is the trade size too large for your emotions to handle the ups and downs while it ticks for or against you

or what is the reason.

once you define it and acknowledge it is the cause, then drop your trade size down to an acceptable level and start again. While starting this new increase on your trade size you will be aware of why you started over, the exact reason. Then as you progress through time you will be able to hold your trades while mentally understanding what the cause was and how to fix it in the future. Then knowing that you defined the exact problem and solved it you can move forward---emoitionaly.

you have to detach yourself from the monetary value of money and trade the trade for what it is. It is just a trade. After all the market does not know if you are trading at 1 per pip or 1k per pip. It will do what it does regardless.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:03 pm

EDIT---- razorboy got my point, just red it.

es/pip wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:what does everyone do on the weekends when the markets are closed?

i have issues---- lol

big time money opportunity in gold and silver

gold

silver

Weekend? I was thinking things like grill out and watch football.

Oh Ya I go over old charts and read the forum :)

lol that is exactly what i did today

football

grilled out

charts

forum

:D

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Mmmmmmhh.....

Why to have a wave sound if you can arrange something with hugh hefner??????

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:retarded

have to sleep or i may die-----long weekend :shock:

I would not be surprised if your gains activated a special sound wave file that contained an incredibly sexy female voice that called you daddy every time you exit a trade in profit ;)

Very nice gains es/pip!

I don't even consider trading on Sunday or the last week of the month.

Days where you do nothing can be more valuable than money :lol:

"daddy" lmao

or maybe

" big papi"

lol

i will have to look into this

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Damn i hate when i'm watching all day long and nothing is happening. Missed GU got a few on EJ.

Good thing my garden is clean and ready for the winter

Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Saw momo, enteres short on M5.

Dragon, I missed the best entry on E/J, entered a bit later =]

Also saw a big resistance area on GU D1, entered long
Attachments
ej zline.gif
ej zline.gif (15.16 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
ej zline h1.gif
ej zline h1.gif (14.06 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
gu d1.gif
gu d1.gif (10.77 KiB) Viewed 3283 times

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:21 pm

cfabian wrote:It is 100% psychologycal...

Why it happens? Because yes I'm afraid to loose the trade when I have to possibility to close it with profit. Why? Because I've lost so much that it is like when you get bitten by a dog and see one in your direction on the sidewalk, you just manage to cross to the other side, or be ready to kill that bastard at the first bark.

Yes its a matter of build more confidence. As Dragon suggested, is a good start to close a portion of it to secure profit, and let the rest run.

es/pip wrote:

pablo101 wrote:

ok

is it fear of losing

or what is the reason.

im with ya

everyone pretty much goes through it at some point.

the good thing is that you see the trades and do not have the fear of putting them on start with.

either do what dragon was saying about taking some off or drop your size down and beat the fear that way.

u have to have small losers and bigger winners

edit------------

that is why i do not compound my account 100%---- me taking out 25-100% a week of what i make is the same as dropping my trade size. and i grow the account slower so my emotions can keep up with my size.

In the beginning i compounded it 100% but after a while it just gets retarded
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 am

Attachments
gu30min-220909.gif
gu30min-220909.gif (41.41 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

spa

Postby spa » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:50 am

what was wrong with this trade.. short EJ of the 5 min .. was it the fact that the previous 4h and 1h bullish momo was larger and price wicked those respective MZ and jumped higher trumps the more recent bearish momo?
Attachments
ej4.jpg
ej4.jpg (218.74 KiB) Viewed 3050 times

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 am

spa wrote:what was wrong with this trade.. short EJ of the 5 min .. was it the fact that the previous 4h and 1h bullish momo was larger and price wicked those respective MZ and jumped higher trumps the more recent bearish momo?

This is trading, anything can happen!

On H4 you can see there was more to jump up. Price and time is really important
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.

Two options: you either lose or win!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”