Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:26 pm

spa wrote:on the right side was looking at the 1h chart after price reached the 30 min ZL

i'm trading just the right size to suit my current understanding of the MZ, which seems to be on the modest side to say the least

i see what you are saying-----

but

as that pa unfolded on the h1 things kind of changed

price comes down to purple

you are thinking it is going to go to yellow, but as the PA formed that got you down to the purple it created another area of resistance/held profit-- white. If the pa was able to make it through the white then i agree that the yellow was next.

if you were going to bypass the white and target the yellow---- you have to be aware that the white is there and when PA doesn't agree with the trade(especially with the white res. there) you have to get out and re-evaluate.

cant trade what you think have to trade what it is

i mean you are marking the chart correctly and i think-- from your charts that you get the basis of it-- the rest just comes with a little time

that is why everyone should trade small and build a foundation until they are sure they understand what they are trading

edit-------------------------

i just saw your post about trade size---

that is what u/ everyone should do---

sacrifice 1-6 months or whatever of small size until your mind understands what you are trying to do then increase size later---

people have to go to college for 4 years before they are allowed to get a degree that entitles them to make 50k a year.

6 months worth of learning how to trade is worth the time to get it
traders want to hurry hurry hurry and trade too large of a size before they are ready and they never learn what they should have taken the time to learn.--- i did it for 6 years--

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

spa

Postby spa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:33 pm

appreciate the input.... will have to study more over the coming days

as we speak Gj touched a Zl on the 4h from 13th of July, i'll follow the pa to see if it builds momentum to the upside

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:39 pm

aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:some from me

this is what i was saying before that i make a lot more trades than i normally post. i am trading the lower time frame based on the higher time frames ( zl, mz and PA). I may have a h4 setup that has a h4 target of 130 pips and i may make 4 or so trades up to its target based on its PA inside.

or i trade it off the higher time frame and just ride it out

lately i been trading the trade more---

i am not sure if me showing this- this way helps or hurts people, it is just how i trade.

this was a hell of a week to say the least. It wasn't my best week ever but it was right up there with it. Don't want to throw the ROI out there but it was up there.

needless to say i am going to go play golf and then most likely get extremely hammered during and after it lol

on the pound after i got out of the long we broke through support with momo missed the first shot at it and got the 2nd for a nice scalp into the previous h4 pivot-- then the rest is in the charts

spa, here is what i was talking about on the beast

So about 300 pips in a single day! I bet your ROI was "up there" :)

Good stuff ES/PIP you keep me thinking of the possibilities. I
know that my little 30ish pips today is just a stepping stone. 8)

I know people would kill to get my 1 week return in a year, so I
am not complaining, just practicing.

Don't hold on to LOSSERS aliassmith :) <----- note to self

if someone would guarantee me 30 pips a day forever--- i would take it in a heartbeat and never trade again

all i would like to do is average 30 pips a day over time anything over that is just a bonus.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 pm

really am leaving this time

:D

JTurnbull

Postby JTurnbull » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm

es/pip wrote:
spa wrote:on the right side was looking at the 1h chart after price reached the 30 min ZL

i'm trading just the right size to suit my current understanding of the MZ, which seems to be on the modest side to say the least

but

you are thinking it is going to go to yellow, but as the PA formed that got you down to the purple it created another area of resistance/held profit-- white. If the pa was able to make it through the white then i agree that the yellow was next.

if you were going to bypass the white and target the yellow---- you have to be aware that the white is there and when PA doesn't agree with the trade(especially with the white res. there) you have to get out and re-evaluate.

i mean you are marking the chart correctly and i think-- from your charts that you get the basis of it-- the rest just comes with a little time

that is why everyone should trade small and build a foundation until they are sure they understand what they are trading

sacrifice 1-6 months or whatever of small size until your mind understands what you are trying to do then increase size later---

people have to go to college for 4 years before they are allowed to get a degree that entitles them to make 50k a year.

traders want to hurry hurry hurry and trade too large of a size before they are ready and they never learn what they should have taken the time to learn.--- i did it for 6 years--

I also would have been looking to short at the H1 MZ right in that 149.55 area right where the longs stalled out 3 times. wish i didnt go to sleep tho cause i missed reversing on GU this morning.
Up or Down I dont care, as long as i am with it

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:08 pm

es/pip wrote:

but

Thanks for your help and comments.
Deciding to "go small" for a bit has really helped me a lot. I've been able to do some things that I've wanted to do for month's and month's. Still can't hold trades, Still add every now and then when I should have cut the loss and got in at a better price but all in all, progress.

Hundreds of pips every day is NOT far fetched and is the goal......I've got to have a cushion. LOL

Getting closer.

M.O. has changed the way I look at the market/candles.

The daily range is starting to sink in. I"m gonna be playing it more and more as I see the opportunities.

Bring on g/j and g/u baby!!!!

Come on Asian session, show me the way.
Me love you long time....hehehehe
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Totally agreed, I was like that too...
Now my problem is getting to the other extreme, where letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit...

pablo101 wrote:
lukx wrote:another loosing day:

It sounds like a broken record.

You had some trades in green yet you didn't take profit. Sounds to me like you're holding on for the big moves and .... hope comes in play.

I was like this when I blew my very first account. I had a 'horse racing' mentality. You place a bet because you are absolutely sure that your horse will win and when the race starts, you are screaming and shouting, cheering your horse to run faster. Even when your horse starts faltering, you KNOW it will win. This is hope and when money comes in play you will find you lose it all.

Time for a "REALITY CHECK" lukx. Take smaller moves and be happy with it. Or I'll come over and slap your head (hard if necessary) until it sinks in :lol:
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Already happened, but be careful on this... H4 is not showing much momo upwards, so most likely was to go short at that MZ area, with this trade you outline good for 40 pips or so.

es/pip wrote:
spa wrote:heres one for you...
GJ 4h wicked a 4h MZ, also double bottom and price jumped to the closest 1h ZL.. what to do next is the 1$ question.. looking on the smaller tf's for a short as the higher tf's also show bearish bias...

for me

look at how the h4 and h1 bars were forming into that dbl bottom---ie momo was decreasing into it

i would have tried to play it long off there back into the first h1 zl area.

then as you move back into that h1 res area the h1 bar that got you there also then created support so i would not look to be shorting into it bec it has no where to go( based on the h1 up bar into it and the dbl bottom

just what i see as of now

things will change as new pa unfolds

WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm

THOUGHTS TO PONDER OVER THE WEEKEND

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

================================================

Although there are other 'regular' phenomena that can be observed on all time frames, I am using two of them in my personal approach - so I will incorporate their discussion in the thread - or better leave you with possible ideas behind constructing an edge for yourself.

If you find a specific repeating pattern in the market, you can assume that it will happen with higher frequency in lower time frames. Although you would gain more opportunities by looking at the lower time frame, each opportunity yields a smaller return on average compared to looking at the same pattern, one or more time frames up in the scale. That is a point worth considering in terms of your possible style of trading.

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist.

H. Rearden

Choose You Advice Carefully

"Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new" - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

F - Follow
O - One
C - Course
U - Until
S - Successful

- Pg 110 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

"You can think of this like some branches caught up and obstructing a stream. The same volume of water moving faster might not be enough to dislodge the branches, but if you steadily increase the volume of the water as well, it will eventually sweep away the obstructions."

5000$ account * 2% = RISK = $100

25$ = POSITION SIZE

RISK = STOP LOSS * POSITION SIZE

RISK / POSITION SIZE = STOP LOSS

100$ / 25$ = STOP LOSS = 4

10$ = POSITION SIZE

100$ / 10$ = STOP LOSS = 10

A lower position size gives the trade more room and time to mature. You must control your pips.

Be not concerned with the past or the future. Be in the moment. The moment is all that there is. You flow with the pips or they flow against you.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:59 am

cfabian wrote:Totally agreed, I was like that too...
Now my problem is getting to the other extreme, where letting it run is kind of hard when already in profit...

pablo101 wrote:
lukx wrote:another loosing day:

It sounds like a broken record.

You had some trades in green yet you didn't take profit. Sounds to me like you're holding on for the big moves and .... hope comes in play.

I was like this when I blew my very first account. I had a 'horse racing' mentality. You place a bet because you are absolutely sure that your horse will win and when the race starts, you are screaming and shouting, cheering your horse to run faster. Even when your horse starts faltering, you KNOW it will win. This is hope and when money comes in play you will find you lose it all.

Time for a "REALITY CHECK" lukx. Take smaller moves and be happy with it. Or I'll come over and slap your head (hard if necessary) until it sinks in :lol:

Just cover a part of what you have!
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”